Shave Yahtzee Anyone?

Date
365 days of shaving21/365 (100%)
GRUYERE21/365 (100%)
GRUME January21/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3
Other participationsJanuary Shave Yahtzee (here)

Passes2.5
WXTGN-S cheeks and neck
XWTGL:W-E
R:E-W
Neck: S-N
ATG
Cheeks and neck S-N

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette Old Type (thick cap)Eddison (5)Omega Proraso
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splashMike’s Natural Barbershop
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Second with the Old Type and again an amazing shave. This razor is likely to be over a 100 years old and it can rival with any modern razor in my collection, including my Timeless Ti95 (which still is my top razor).

Lathering was more difficult today as I not loaded enough at first and because the Omega boar is a lather hog! Reload and lather was very nice. I love this scent and the post shave feel!

Again fewer passes than before and frankly similar results than before. Smooth allround and no irritation, no weepers, no nicks, just a very fine shave!

Enjoy your weekend!

Date
365 days of shaving19/365 (100%)
GRUYERE19/365 (100%)
GRUME January19/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3
Other participationsJanuary Shave Yahtzee (here)

Passes2.5
WXTGN-S cheeks and neck
XWTGL:W-E
R:E-W
Neck: S-N
ATG
Cheeks and neck S-N

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette Old Type OCEddison (4)Omega Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

My first shave with the OT (I might have rigged the dice for this one :blush:) and boy that did not disappoint!! What an amazing shave! After two passes I was at light BBS / DFS+ and I followed up with an ATG on the cheeks and parts of the neck. Slight touch up on the problem areas and I was done. Wow!

Thank you @mgweatherly for this very fine razor and the opportunity to try this one. It was superb!

More details on the shave can be found here. The story behind this razor can be found here.

Enjoy your shave!
Rigging the dice? Shame on you sir! 😏

I've never tried the Timor blade. I think I'm going to have to track some down and give them a shot. I will also have to look into the Mike's. Like I need ANOTHER soap! hehehe
So I gave the Mike's a try )finally) this morning. Very nice soap. I tend to shy away from tallow based soaps because they don't work well with my water but this one did an exceptional job. The bubbles were a little big in spots, but that was all me and not the soap. Thanks for the recommendation.

20230128_101118.jpg

20230128_102305.jpg

Cream: Cremo original
Alum: Omega stick
Dice rolls
Razor/Blade: D3 Executive Fatboy w/ Astra SP
Aftershave: face/neck - Captain's Choice Italia & head/neck - Nivea Sensitive
View attachment 1591246

9/10

I have to get a lottery ticket today. I swear I did not fix the dice roles. Executive to Executive and on a Fatboy Friday. Only reason I didn't give this one a 10 today I had to do some extra buffing in some spots several times for some reason this morning. Absolutely no irritation though and a final great shave.

The second sample I got to try from Captains choice is a weird one to me. I opened up all the samples when I got them in and did a smell test with the family. The Italia at first to me smelled like Coke. Then the wife said that's something else and grabbed some almond extract from the kitchen and it was a perfect match. So, if you want to know what Italia smells like get some almond extract. :lol:

Btw, I won $4 off that lottery ticket. 💰

Just wanted to pass along one more "win" from doing this. I finally tried the Gillette Nacet blade. Very very impressed! In my new Yates 921-EH it out preformed the Personna Lab Blue and equaled the Feather but I think the Nacet was smoother. I hesitate to say that definitively since it might just be about my technique as I learn the proper angles.

Top Bottom