What's new

Review: Gillette NEW Long Comb

I agree with the folks here who have said that the New LC & SC are more alike than different, so it’s easy to see why some prefer one over the other. The difference is Wow! vs. Wow!! And some get the extra wow from the LC, others from the SC.

For me, the SC is a tad more efficient, if I take my time. I can usually save a pass or some cleanup with the SC.
There are a few versions of the NEW SC, they differ in head geometry. My NEW SC has negative blade exposure and gives me a much less close shave than my NEW LC. As far as I know there is no such geometry variation between the NEW LC razors. Hence the many different opinions on the "NEW LC vs NEW SC" matter.

I've been giving my New's an extended use for this month. My theme was 'New Year = New Razors!'

Fantastic razors, I think I'm enjoying using them more with each additional shave.
Way to go! And if you can pick up an English NEW Flat Bottom. Great addition to the regular NEW. Should be very doable from your home base!

Guido

Way to go! And if you can pick up an English NEW Flat Bottom. Great addition to the regular NEW. Should be very doable from your home base!

Guido

All mine are English made! Two have flat bottoms, but they are quite different. One of them was a gift, which the plating was wearing off, so it had been stripped to it's raw brass, it has a 1.5mm thick top cap. The other still has all of it's original plating, it also has a slightly thicker top cap.

Here is a picture of it.
IMG_20221005_172329191.jpg

IMG_20221005_172259016.jpg

I bought another New in the last few months, it had it's original 'Colgate' packaging.

IMG_20221116_115817.jpg
image.jpg

I'm finding I'm reaching for these razors more than my beloved Techs at this moment in time.

I absolutely love these razors. Both of these razors were the most expensive razors I have boughts, both around £20 each but I'm delighted with everything about them. Aesthetically, I find them to be beautiful and they are wonderful in the shave as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_115902.jpg
    IMG_20221116_115902.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I love my Gillette New LC. It's incredibly well-balanced and shaves amazingly. I really need to find an SC head to add to my collection. I also have been toying with the idea of adding a Psycho just for the cool history factor.

I love my Gillette New LC. It's incredibly well-balanced and shaves amazingly. I really need to find an SC head to add to my collection. I also have been toying with the idea of adding a Psycho just for the cool history factor.
+1 on the SC but harder to find in my experience (well at decent pricing that is).

Top Bottom