What's new

Do all plastic blade tucks have a blade bank on the back?

All the blade brands I’ve purchased over the years that come in plastic tucks have a slot in the back to store used blades.

Just wondering if it is always the case?

brands that have them:
-Feather​
-Wilkinson Sword (black tuck, made in Germany)​
-Personna Platinum (Germany)​
-Personna Platinum and Platinum Chrome (Isreal)​
-Van Der Hagen​

Pretty sure all plastic blade tucks I've seen have the used blade slot. I've got so many that came in cardboard tucks now, I just use a blade bank.

Yes they have it, I never use it.
I reuse plastic tucks as blade bank for those blades that come in carton box
You can fit up to 15 blades (depends on individual blade wrap, some are double wraped)

Every one I have ever seen has provided a blade bank. I use them and keep 1-2 around for blades in cardboard as you can fit a bit over a dozen used blades in most of them.

From what I've seen, there are two different sizes of plastic blade dispensers. A small one like Derby and Van Der Hagen, and a big one like Wilkinson and Personna.

When you guys are cramming 40 razors in, is that into the big dispenser or the small ones?

The Wilkinson Sword tuck is absolutely huge, it probably could hold that many…wrappers excluded of course!

I also noticed that Feather has a plastic card to separate the new and used blades. German made Personna, Wilkinson, and Van Der Hagen have slots that separate the used and news. The Personnas made in Israel have neither of these, and the used and news just sidle up against each other.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Blades in plastic tucks that do not have an opening in the bottom for used blades I have are, Israeli Crystals, Israeli Persona Platinum, and Shark Platinum. I'm sure there are more, but that's just what I've noticed so far. As someone already pointed out, you can always use the front when they're empty.
Doesn't really matter to me because I use a blade bank for my used blades.

I use a huge blade bank I bought from Yaqi. It'll store probably my entire lifetime worth of used blades!

When travelling, I use an empty tic-tac container. It holds about 6 months worth of used blades.

I use the feather plastic dispensers to take BIC and Wizamet blades on travels. At home, I just keep them in their cardboard tucks.

Blades in plastic tucks that do not have an opening in the bottom for used blades I have are, Israeli Crystals, Israeli Persona Platinum
They had them roughly 10 years ago (they were some of the first blades I purchased), they must have changed them sometime along the way. The Israel plant that made them is supposed to be closed now.

When travelling, I use an empty tic-tac container. It holds about 6 months worth of used blades.

Now that is a great idea!

There is something that bothers me about spending many dollars, usually $4-$8 on some stupid plastic box with a slit cut into it. I simply refuse!

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom