What's new

Established Themed Events & New Idea Discussion

lasta

Blade Biter
I think it has has happened before, but how about remove uncertainty?

Next poster chooses your next line-up.

Fully tightened Flatboy + Feather, intentionally misaligned fatips, Tech + reverse shimmed Derby etc.:a23:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think we need a thread called "WitwiFTut" that stands for What in the world is @FarmerTan up to. That way we can keep abreast of Farmer tans shenanigans and his War department too.
This is not a bad idea.

It would help me to look up what lies I told yesterday in order to tell the War Department the same "story" today.

Yesterday I saw my doctor, and I'm glad to report that I'm still a "Fun Guy" even though I no longer have any obvious signs of fungi growing in my ears. Then we ate lunch at a fast food restaurant.

Today we went out with friends and had lunch in a sit down restaurant.

I had to tip my waitress my wife said. I tried, but she was so compact I dropped her. True story doggone!

The latest revision is here....

* This revision includes the additions of "Fruity February, BADGERary, Synthetic Sunday, Shave Yahtzee, Vintage April and the suggestion for Nacet November. *

* Note that the Calendar of Shaves wiki has been updated as well. *

Green = Active (already an event)
Purple = Proposal (idea for possible new event)

SundaySingle-Edge / Synthetic / Hard Soaps? / Rest Day (theme is no theme)?
MondayMartin De Candre / Merkur / Micromatic / Muhle / Old Spice
TuesdayTallow Tabac / Tech / Timeless / Torrey / Michelle's Wool "Fat" / Triple Milled?
WednesdayWolfman / Weck / Gemsday? / Wedge? / William's? / Hard Soap (Humpday)? / Wimpy (small gear)? / Worthy (best gear)?
ThursdayBlackland / Three Piece / Titanium?
Friday(Pinad) Clubman / Fatboy / Fatip / Frameback / Frugal / Frankensoap?
SaturdaySaponificio Varesino / Scentless / Super Speed / Single-Edge? / Straighturday? / Synthetic?

Weekend - King Gillette

JanuaryBADGERary / Shave Yahtzee / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
FebruaryMichelle's Wool "Fat" / Fatboy (2017) / Fruity / One Blade (2022) / Phoenix A.A.? / Fine A.? / Floral? / Fougere?
MarchMama Bear (2016) / Open Comb (2013) / Long Comb / Fixed Four for March Madness (2022) / Menthol?
AprilAdjustable / April Flowers (Rose) / Avon / Frugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge (2022) / Vintage (2022) / Arko? / Ariana & Evans? / Aventus?
MayMistura May Madness / Mystic Water / Floral? / Menthol?
JuneBeach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
JulyJuLime / Beach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
AugustArko (2022) / Aventus (2022) / Keep Cool & Green (2022) / Mild/Medium Efficiency / Mentholgust
SeptemberSlant (2022) / Single-Edge / Speicktember (2020) / Sample? / StirlingSoapTember?
OctoberACtober / L'Occtober (2016) / RazoRocktober (2017) / Schicktober / SOCtober (2021) / Tabactober (2022) / Open Comb (2022) / Oaken Labs? / Off-Hand?
NovemberNOCvember (2022) / NovemBayRum / N.O.vember (Noble Otter) / Non-Dominant (hand)? / Nacet?
DecemberDecemBoar (2022) / Declaration Grooming? / Grooming Department?

Monthly – "GRUME"

Seasonal - High Efficiency Razors Summer (2022)

Other Events:
Shark Week (2022) - July
Tiger Week - August
7 'O Clock Week - August
Trick or Treet Week - October

I know this revision took a while to appear and I'm sorry, but the holidays, work, life, etc. got in the way. If you have any more ideas or suggestions, feel free to post and talk about them here. Thanks.

Impressive werk, @Time Bandit !

You OBVIOUSLY never ask yerself: "what would FarmerTan do?"

Of course, I never ask that either..... which is why I never post anything of value here.

Carry on!

No kidding, and I thought that even BEFORE I realized that he (@Time Bandit) went to the trouble of finding and linking to every one of the themed events that he found.

I don't have a fraction of that determination or commitment.

Well done. 🙂👍

Impressive werk, @Time Bandit !

You OBVIOUSLY never ask yerself: "what would FarmerTan do?"

Of course, I never ask that either..... which is why I never post anything of value here.

Carry on!

No kidding, and I thought that even BEFORE I realized that he (@Time Bandit) went to the trouble of finding and linking to every one of the themed events that he found.

I don't have a fraction of that determination or commitment.

Well done. 🙂👍

Thank you both.

I'm just trying to do my part to help others (possibly) enjoy their shaves a little more. I figure spreading the info on all the fun themed events we have here might help some members to realize they can join in on more themed events. I want to foster more engagement and build an even greater sense of community here.

Absolutely great work.
Thank You @Time Bandit.

Semogue Saturdays! HERE is a new thriving group.
GRUYERE yearly restraint HERE.
365 Shaves 2023 HERE.

Menthol March sounds interesting.
I will also participate in Fruity February.
Thanks.

I did catch Semogue Saturday after posting but thank you for making me aware of the other two. I'll definitely get them added.

Menthol March sounds like a great idea. I'll add that idea as well.

Oh, and very happy to hear you'll join in the Fruity February festivities. 😁

Top Bottom