Tuesday SOTD

Razor:
GC84-P
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson (1)
Brush: Torga Mistura C3
Soap: Zingari Man the Wanderer
ASL: Shave Chaser
20230117_191121[1].jpg

With the continuing Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up my GC84-P with a Gillette Wilkinson (1).
I've been wanting to try these blades for some time now, and @Guido75 was nice enough to send me a few (30) to try out.

The first stroke on my one pass WTG shave tonight felt like coming home after a road trip. Next road trip I'm taking my GC84-P with me. Just as @never-stop-learning says, this razor shaves well above it's price point.
This blade and razor combination was more comfortable and efficient than either the GC68-P or the Lupo72SB, for me.

This was also the first time I have tried Zingari Man soap, thanks @dmshaver, and my now completely broken-in C3 Mistura made a ridiculous amount of lather with only a 5-10 second loading time. I'm thinking I'll be using this soap and brush the rest of the week.

The Witch hazel felt nice, and the Shave Chaser was a Blast! Even after applying the Nivea balm I could feel the cooling effect of the Shave Chaser!

I'll most likely be using my Lupo 95SB with the Wilkie(2) for my next shave, that is unless my Wolfie starts moving the cheese again.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

You’re welcome Doug. Glad you liked them so far. With the ever present YMMV I find the Dorco Titans to be sharper while being similarly smooth as the Wilkie’s. The Gillette 365 I am still assessing, but so far I think they are on par with the Titans - and maybe even slightly better.

Enjoy!

Guido

I like the plug, Doug. Where and why would you add O-rings?

Happy shaves,

Jim

For what I understood, the o-rings could be placed in the plug's channels, depending how snug you want the connection between the plug and the hollow brass handle. I suspect the plug could fall with time without an o-ring or two. You could still remove the plug if you realize you prefer a lighter handle.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I like the plug, Doug. Where and why would you add O-rings?
In the O-ring grooves of course!
20230117_093440.jpg

For what I understood, the o-rings could be placed in the plug's channels, depending how snug you want the connection between the plug and the hollow brass handle. I suspect the plug could fall with time without an o-ring or two. You could still remove the plug if you realize you prefer a lighter handle.
It is actually a pretty snug fit, but this design allows easy changes to the length and weight depending on what razor it is used with. For example, with the recessed baseplate on a Blackbird you might want a longer handle. Bam, change the end-cap.
SR-71.jpg

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
Wednesday SOTD

Razor:
Lupo95SB
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson (2)
Soap: Zingari Man Wanderer
ASL: Layrite No9
20230118_195014[1].jpg

For my final shave of the Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up my Lupo95SB with a Gillette Wilkinson (2).
Ten swirls of the Wanderer and the Mistura delivered a nice fully hydrated lather, thanks in part to the Captain's Choice lather bowl to get it started and the PAA brush warmer to keep the lather warm for touch ups during my one-pass shave.

The Wilkie felt smooth, sharp, and efficient in the Lupo, but for me, the GC84-P is more comfortable. This is not to say that I couldn't shave everyday with the Lupo95, but If I had to choose, the GC84-P wins every time, and I also prefer the full length guard over the cut-outs the Lupo is famous for.
Now if only there was a GC95-P to really complete the experiment....

The Witch hazel felt slick, the Layrite No9 was soothing as always, with Nivea balm finishing up a Nice Close Shave.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
BADGERary
Wednesday SOTD

Razor:
Lupo95SB
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson (2)
Soap: Zingari Man Wanderer
ASL: Layrite No9
View attachment 1590639
For my final shave of the Gamechanger vs. Lupo comparison experiment I loaded up my Lupo95SB with a Gillette Wilkinson (2).
Ten swirls of the Wanderer and the Mistura delivered a nice fully hydrated lather, thanks in part to the Captain's Choice lather bowl to get it started and the PAA brush warmer to keep the lather warm for touch ups during my one-pass shave.

The Wilkie felt smooth, sharp, and efficient in the Lupo, but for me, the GC84-P is more comfortable. This is not to say that I couldn't shave everyday with the Lupo95, but If I had to choose, the GC84-P wins every time, and I also prefer the full length guard over the cut-outs the Lupo is famous for.
Now if only there was a GC95-P to really complete the experiment....

The Witch hazel felt slick, the Layrite No9 was soothing as always, with Nivea balm finishing up a Nice Close Shave.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

I've enjoyed your comparison shaves, Doug.

Without a huge amount of experience with either, but with enough experience to have an opinion, I, too, find the Gamechanger more to my liking than the Lupo.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
BADGERary
Saturday SOTD

Razor:
WR2 0.95
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson (3)
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230120_212748.jpg

After a month of comparing the virtues of the Game Changer series razors with the Lupo series razors, I put the Wilkinson (3) in my Wolfman WR2 0.95.

And once again, as soon as I started my one pass shave, I started to giggle.
Really.
My face felt so nice after the shave, the post shave products weren't necessary, but I used them anyway.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Top Bottom