What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I'm so bad at describing scents. Maybe @Time Bandit or @ChriWilson can help me out here.

It's a vetiver base. There's a prominent grapefruit citrus thing that hits you at first that gives it a fresh a lively feel. For me that note fades after a bit on the face and a stronger vetiver vibe takes over. That a broad term, but here it comes off like dry grass or hay, sort of woody leaning leaning sage. And there's a touch of amber in there to make it sexy :).

I think it's sophisticated and very masculine.

I'm so bad at describing scents. Maybe @Time Bandit or @ChriWilson can help me out here.

It's a vetiver base. There's a prominent grapefruit citrus thing that hits you at first that gives it a fresh a lively feel. For me that note fades after a bit on the face and a stronger vetiver vibe takes over. That a broad term, but here it comes off like dry grass or hay, sort of woody leaning leaning sage. And there's a touch of amber in there to make it sexy :).

I think it's sophisticated and very masculine.
You did well.

Stirling SOTD - Jan 14, 2023

Razor
: Above The Tie - SB90 aluminum
Blade: Merkur
Brush: Semogue - mixed knot
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Oro Valley
A/S: Stirling Soap Co. - Waves of Grain

Oro Valley was a very nice entry into the Stirling realm. I tried Waves of Grain last year just because it was on sale. I am amazed by how well it pairs with so many scents, including Oro Valley. I purchased a backup while it was still on sale.

IMG_20230114_094847526.jpg

Stirling SOTD - Jan 14, 2023

Razor
: Above The Tie - SB90 aluminum
Blade: Merkur
Brush: Semogue - mixed knot
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Oro Valley
A/S: Stirling Soap Co. - Waves of Grain

Oro Valley was a very nice entry into the Stirling realm. I tried Waves of Grain last year just because it was on sale. I am amazed by how well it pairs with so many scents, including Oro Valley. I purchased a backup while it was still on sale.

View attachment 1587965
I didn't know that they sell 3 ounce?

Thanks, I've got my eye on that but still pondering some things:
Do I need not want the dock?
Overall cost? Travel or cube? Etc.
You don't "need" the dock / tray But you don't want the Cube to sit in any real amount of water and the Dock has channels for water to drain. If you already have some kind of soap dish that drains you could you that just fine.

The best things about the Docks are that they are both the right size and shape for the Cube. The Dock also has good rubbery feet on the bottom that keep it from moving or sliding. You need to intentionally pick the entire thing up if you want to move it.

Originally there were only two versions, the "original" charcoal black one and the blueish one with menthol. Now there are three main options (including the Enigma) and many cubes made that match curtain soap/scent releases. These are usually colored in some way. My point is, that you can get the dock in black but just recently a new "Ice" Dock had been released that is clear. Choose which you like most if you decide to go for one.

As far as cost/value goes, you're better off with the Cube as its 8 Oz. for $12 versus 2 Oz for $9 for the Tube.

I hope this has helped you. 😉

If you can please describe Faskally.
Faskally:
"Woodsy, aromatic, citrus, earthy, and spicy are the words that describe this scent. It has top notes of grapefruit, orange blossom, and sage. The middle is made up of nutmeg and pimento, and the base is vetiver, oakmoss, and amber. Inspired by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver"

I find it light and refreshing. It's sophisticated, clean and masculine. Truth be told, you can't really go wrong with a Tom Ford fragrance or a soap/aftershave that's a dupe of one. Especially if it's a dupe made by Stirling.

Tip: At the very bottom of the Stirling Soap Company site you'll find a link titled Scent Descriptions. This is their master list of releases as well as a cheat sheet for the uh, scent descriptions. 😉

I find it very handy as I go there often.

Top Bottom