What's new

The 2023: 1-Blade, 1-Week, Daily Shaving Adventure

I used a Rapira Swedish supersteel this week for 8 shaves.

What is your opinion of the Rapira Supersteel? I have heard differing opinions on these. I have never shaved with any of the Rapira blades. They are a blade that I did plan on purchasing later this year.

Obviously they met the 1-Bade, 1-Week Advdnture challenge, which speaks well for them.

I'm finishing up week #2 with blade #2 tomorrow.

What is your opinion of the Rapira Supersteel? I have heard differing opinions on these. I have never shaved with any of the Rapira blades. They are a blade that I did plan on purchasing later this year.

Obviously they met the 1-Bade, 1-Week Advdnture challenge, which speaks well for them.

I think it could have went more shaves. It wasnt pulling or tugging more then when new. At least I didnt notice. In my opinion its a decent blade. Maybe not as sharp/ close shaving as Nacet or BIC but I had 8 DFS or better shaves this week. I only paid 9$ canadian for a 100 pack. Makes it a premo blade in my opinion!

Week 2 Ends: Blade is a Made In USA Personna Lab Blue.

Passed! Completed a full 7-Days and 7-Shaves. Blade is ultra smooth and smooth through the end of the week. Still good for a few more shaves.

Today's shave was in every way a perfect shave. Complete close with zero irritation.

As a note: I remove and clean the blade after every shave and use different razors during the week.

Last edited:
I need to call a mulligan on my blade for this week. The 3rd Generation Derby Extra. I was only able to manage 5 shaves. The issue was me using a DOC head that I'd never tried it's adjustment feature before and tore myself up. The blade itself was comfortable and cut close for the shaves I managed before my proper Wolverining.
I had to skip a day and instead of trying to make it up I'm moving onto the next blade of the week. I've no doubt the Extra would have done the job as it hit a sweet spot on shave 3. I start my week on Sunday so looking forward to tomorrow. C'est la vie. On to the next one...

🥁 Drum roll please... 🥁

🎺 Heralds! Sound the trumpets... 🎺

My blade for the week beginning tomorrow is royalty!

The Treet King Super Stainless promises "Majestic shaves.
Long live the king 👑 ?
Or is regicide in the cards?

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_233415831~2.jpg
    IMG_20230114_233415831~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20

I've had them and enjoyed them. There is a Rapira branded Lord L5/Tech clone that comes with a tuck for 8 bucks.

I've had them and enjoyed them. There is a Rapira branded Lord L5/Tech clone that comes with a tuck for 8 bucks.

Funny thing... I had ordered a L5 from Razor Blades Club back at the beginning of the month. In checking the order status, they delivered it to my apartment mailbox yesterday.

I will collect it later today and use it with the Wizamet's this week.

I will use the 34c later this morning and the R41 head Monday. Maybe the L5 on Tuesday?

Funny thing... I had ordered a L5 from Razor Blades Club back at the beginning of the month. In checking the order status, they delivered it to my apartment mailbox yesterday.

I will collect it later today and use it with the Wizamet's this week.

I will use the 34c later this morning and the R41 head Monday. Maybe the L5 on Tuesday?
My go to is a Roman Empire Shaving Augustus Tech clone on a plastic dollar store handle or my L6 handle when I'm feeling fancy. I rotate in a few 89 clones and a Weishi adjustable when the mood strikes me.

Week 3: The Rockwell "freebie" blade that came with the razor. Don't know a thing about them. Completed my first shave a few minutes ago. A little bit rough but I also used the Rockwell 4 plate and usually use the 3. I went back to the 3 after the shave so I'll know tomorrow if it was the blade or the higher plate that caused the roughness.

Thanks for the heads-up, buddy. Is this gonna be another week when I don't finish the blade? I need to quit trying new stuff and go to my old favorites.
You weren't supposed to read the spoiler until after the shave... I guess I won't tell you where the blades are from though. :001_unsur

You weren't supposed to read the spoiler until after the shave... I guess I won't tell you where the blades are from though. :001_unsur
Well, to look at the bright side of things...they're not the worst ones I've ever tried. That honor goes to PAA Strangelet. One pass with two different blades was enough. That's one I'll never revisit and believe me, I'm not picky about blades.

These are serviceable at least. 😉

The king (Treet King Super Stainless) has assembled his court...

Razor: Unknown provenance D89 clone.
Blade: requires no further introduction
Brush: Omega Badger, Scritch Scritcherton
Soap: House Blend ARKO x Pear's Menthol
Aftercare: Omega Alum block
Aftershave: Skin Bracer x Maravilla Water
Balm: Mennen Afta
Fragrance: Stetson Black (not shown)

Attachments

• IMG_20230115_174626916~2.jpg
    IMG_20230115_174626916~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7