What's new

SRs by S.K. Colling & Co (a.k.a. Proserpine Razor Co.)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A few B&B members have had the pleasure of owning and shaving with an SR manufactured by Steve Colling in Proserpine, Queensland. For about the past six months, Steve has been very hard to communicate with. Yesterday I received an email from Steve updating me on his doings.

Steve in in the process of finishing up with his day job. Once that is done, he will be devoting all of his energies into manufacturing straight razors. He has received some orders from a few major SR retailers overseas that should see him kept busy for quite a while. Unfortunately, due to these orders, Steve says that he may no longer be able to make custom SRs for individual customers ☹️.

I expect that we will start to see S.K. Colling SRs available is selected retail outlets and online later this year or early next year.

Sounds like an artist to me. You want to be left alone to perfect your craft without having to deal with people. I can see how a large order could fulfil this. I guess whether it's a detriment depends on how specific the orders are, whether they are allowing a degree of freedom of choice for him. Or maybe he just likes repetition and making several dozen of the same thing. 🤷‍♂️

I just saw a couple of his on the auction site and sent a message on a whim. I asked him if he had any more showing up any time soon. All of a sudden, we're lightly discussing what I'm looking for, and he says he'll have one up tomorrow. It was after midnight, his time. I feel like that's awesome customer service. He could have easily left it until the next day, and I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Cheers to him.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I just saw a couple of his on the auction site and sent a message on a whim. I asked him if he had any more showing up any time soon. All of a sudden, we're lightly discussing what I'm looking for, and he says he'll have one up tomorrow. It was after midnight, his time. I feel like that's awesome customer service. He could have easily left it until the next day, and I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Cheers to him.
I have yet to hear of anyone being disappointed with one of Steve's SRs.

Top Bottom