What's new

Flask's newbie adventure

Thank you! Getting a chance to sample the scents was great. I'm sure the soap is fantastic - but that's sort of an assumption based on feedback here. People seem to put it on par with MdC which I have sampled and was really, really impressed with. Both of those are going to be an investment I'll make at some point. During a fantastic sale hopefully.

Thanks to you all of you here, I was able to see the closet of soaps trap early in my journey, so I haven't thrown down on too many full jars of anything. Ha, "too many"...I have at least 18 months worth kicking around right now and I'd like to put a dent in that before ordering anything more.
Solid approach! I don’t have that many soaps and still too many to get them done in a year.

Guido

Speaking of @Guido75...

I think we all have stories of unbelievable generosity and kindness on this forum. I’ve been here less than a year and already have a truckbed full of stories of B&B Brotherhood.

I myself have been the recipient of an almost embarrassing amount of good will from my fellow forum members; enthusiastic souls who get me excited, which gets them excited, and around it goes till somebody has to pee.

I enjoy reading the Journals and @Guido75’s one of the most enjoyable and lively. He carefully documents each shave with thoughtful and often hilarious notes and observations. He also shares little glimpses of his life in The Netherlands which I find fascinating! I suspect he does not consider himself a Shaving Master yet because he’s a humble guy, but from my newbie point of view he’s on the top of the mountain and I’ve read his posts carefully.

So you can imagine how knocked out of my chair I was when he PM’ed me out of the blue. I was a little breathless, a B&B celebrity reaching out to me! Lol.

Even more shocking was the warm and generosity of his note, which I’ll paraphrase -

Hey Adam, I’ve been reading your journal and I see you don’t have any open comb razors. I like the cut of your jib, I’m sending you a brand new in the box Fatip Piccolo SE.

Wha?! He’s right, of course, I am short of OC razors, but wha? DUDE! I say thank you, let me help cover….no no no. It’s my pleasure, I want to pass on some of the generosity I’ve received.

Well, I get that. I don’t want to begrudge him his opportunity to lighten his karmic debt load (I am sure starting to feel mine!). And, hey, let’s be honest, I’d LOVE a Fatip. Fatip Fridays here I come! And there’s an included closed comb baseplate with the SE which is a configuration I’ve never used.

So I decide @Guido75 must be the coolest guy in The Netherlands, I give him my address along with my copious thanks and he says to let him know when it arrives.

I’d never heard of the Fatip brand before joining B&B, so while the package took its sweet time crossing the Atlantic and then North America I enjoyed myself researching Fatip razors and getting to know the brand's history and its history on the forums. Of which there’s a TON!. I’d never heard of the brand before joining B&B.

I didn’t have tracking for the package, so for weeks it was just this “thing” that might be out there, somewhere. Maybe. It was like an idea not quite materialized.

Yesterday, the package arrived.

1672805487242.png

My first thought was, woha. That box seems big for a razor.

Opening it, I quickly discern there’s a bunch of stuff in here! WHAT’S GOING ON!? I started to hear a faint, high pitched sound around this point which I associate with mild shock. I start feeling around and removing package after package.

1672805526443.png

As long as this already is, I feel I need to diverge from the story for a moment. Guido, along with a handful of other wonderful writers, has inspired me to keep this journal. I ramble around in there a lot and buried in the overly long sentences was my musings on the Gillette Tech, that I wanted one and had set my sights on an English model. Maybe not a flat bottom right off the bat, but some flavor of coolish Tech. Seriously, this desire, while deeply felt, was vaguely expressed at best in my writings.

So with that, you can better understand how dumbstruck I was when I discovered Guido had gone waaaay over and above here - that there was a lot more than my first Fatip in this box.

1672805582513.png

I mean, what?! I need to sit down, hold on a second. Is my eye twitching? I took his handwritten note out first and took a deep breath. OMG.

As luck would have it, I opened the box with the Tech first. It’s an English Aluminum Tech and it’s stunning. NOS as far as I can tell, maybe replated? What I know is that it’s flawless and flares in the sun like a fine sword! His note explains that he’d read my journal, somehow was able to pluck out my desire for an interesting Tech and proceeded to FIND ME ONE which he then included in the package.

1672805621660.png

Guido, I don’t even know how to say thank you for such thoughtfulness. THANK YOU!

There were also two soaps and the note goes on to explain these are locally produced in his country. One is from De Vergulde Hand (The Gilded Hand), which was founded in 1554! It could not only be the oldest soap maker, it is one of oldest continuously registered businesses worldwide.

1672805659030.png

I’m pretty psyched to join a line of shavers going back almost 500 years.

The other soap is also a Dutch soap. I don’t know too much about it except it smells fantastic, a bright bergamont that’s sharp and refreshing. It’s a hard soap, I get the feeling it’s going to last forever.

1672805721464.png

And of course, then, there’s the Fatip SE. I’m so excited to use it! It’s a TANK, my first brass razor. I know the plating is a little fragile comparatively, but it feels like I could frame a house with this thing.

1672805813410.png

Jaw on the ground, I took stock of all he sent me and I didn’t know what to do. Still don’t. :) something like this deserves a reprisal, I feel like, but he’s been clear such would be unwelcome. Which I respect even more.

@Guido75, you are a good man! I will carry your torch of generosity forward to the next generation of new shavers! Thank you so much my friend, what a way to kick off 2023. I have a feeling you are going to have a GREAT year!! You sure deserve it.

I think we should have an annual Guido75 shaving day thread. We could use Fatips and tell Guido stories along with our shave posts!

Last edited:
I didn’t have tracking for the package, so for weeks it was just this “thing” that might be out there, somewhere. Maybe. It was like an idea not quite materialized.
Ah yeah! Oops! I obviously had and was on pins and needles if the package would actually make it and I am super glad it did.
It’s my pleasure, I want to pass on some of the generosity I’ve received.
Absolutely. I’ve said it many times in other threads - B&B is an amazing place and while I have yet to meet any of them in the flesh and know of two how they look like, I consider them friends for life.

to lighten his karmic debt load (I am sure starting to feel mine!)
:001_tt2: - I live in the Netherlands - we are born with karmic debt!! I just wanted to celebrate one year into wet shaving. And I am debt free now - almost :biggrin1:
I suspect he does not consider himself a Shaving Master yet
:lol: Nooo I model Cal: always keep your shaving white belt on.
an interesting Tech and proceed to FIND ME ONE
A fun scavenger hunt indeed! Every collection should have a Tech. I believe it’s NOS. I think it’s the aluminium one but I’m not too sure. I haven’t seen this particular cap before, but other brothers might be better at identifying.
The other soap is also a Dutch soap. I don’t know too much
This is from my local shaving shop (which always is a total trip down memory lane and it’s never only getting what you needed, but talking razors and soaps is a standard treat). Paul Kox (the owner) has these commissioned from a local soap mill company. I love the scent.

Enjoy your goodies my friend! The Fatip especially is my personal favourite and a magnificent razor.

It is totally my pleasure!

Guido

Last edited:
Speaking of @Guido75...

I think we all have stories of unbelievable generosity and kindness on this forum. I’ve been here less than a year and already have a truckbed full of stories of B&B Brotherhood.

I myself have been the recipient of an almost embarrassing amount of good will from my fellow forum members; enthusiastic souls who get me excited, which gets them excited, and around it goes till somebody has to pee.

I enjoy reading the Journals and @Guido75’s one of the most enjoyable and lively. He carefully documents each shave with thoughtful and often hilarious notes and observations. He also shares little glimpses of his life in The Netherlands which I find fascinating! I suspect he does not consider himself a Shaving Master yet because he’s a humble guy, but from my newbie point of view he’s on the top of the mountain and I’ve read his posts carefully.

So you can imagine how knocked out of my chair I was when he PM’ed me out of the blue. I was a little breathless, a B&B celebrity reaching out to me! Lol.

Even more shocking was the warm and generosity of his note, which I’ll paraphrase -

Hey Adam, I’ve been reading your journal and I see you don’t have any open comb razors. I like the cut of your jib, I’m sending you a brand new in the box Fatip Piccolo SE.

Wha?! He’s right, of course, I am short of OC razors, but wha? DUDE! I say thank you, let me help cover….no no no. It’s my pleasure, I want to pass on some of the generosity I’ve received.

Well, I get that. I don’t want to begrudge him his opportunity to lighten his karmic debt load (I am sure starting to feel mine!). And, hey, let’s be honest, I’d LOVE a Fatip. Fatip Fridays here I come! And there’s an included closed comb baseplate with the SE which is a configuration I’ve never used.

So I decide @Guido75 must be the coolest guy in The Netherlands, I give him my address along with my copious thanks and he says to let him know when it arrives.

I’d never heard of the Fatip brand before joining B&B, so while the package took its sweet time crossing the Atlantic and then North America I enjoyed myself researching Fatip razors and getting to know the brand's history and its history on the forums. Of which there’s a TON!. I’d never heard of the brand before joining B&B.

Yesterday, the package arrived.

View attachment 1582512

My first thought was, woha. That box seems big for a razor.

Opening it, I quickly discern there’s a bunch of stuff in here! WHAT’S GOING ON!? I started to hear a faint, high pitched sound around this point which I associate with mild shock. I start feeling around and removing package after package.

View attachment 1582513

As long as this already is, I feel I need to diverge from the story for a moment. Guido, along with a handful of other wonderful writers, has inspired me to keep this journal. I ramble around in there a lot and buried in the overly long sentences was my musings on the Gillette Tech, that I wanted one and had set my sights on an English model. Maybe not a flat bottom right off the bat, but some flavor of coolish Tech. Seriously, this desire, while deeply felt, was vaguely expressed at best in my writings.

So with that, you can better understand how dumbstruck I was when I discovered Guido had gone waaaay over and above here - that there was a lot more than my first Fatip in this box.

View attachment 1582514

I mean, what?! I need to sit down, hold on a second. Is my eye twitching? I took his handwritten note out first and took a deep breath. OMG.

As luck would have it, I opened the box with the Tech first. It’s an English Aluminum Tech and it’s stunning. NOS as far as I can tell, maybe replated? What I know is that it’s flawless and flares in the sun like a fine sword! His note explains that he’d read my journal, somehow was able to pluck out my desire for an interesting Tech and proceeded to FIND ME ONE which he then included in the package.

View attachment 1582515

Guido, I don’t even know how to say thank you for such thoughtfulness. THANK YOU!

There were also two soaps and the note goes on to explain these are locally produced in his country. One is from De Vergulde Hand (The Gilded Hand), which was founded in 1554! It could not only be the oldest soap maker, it is one of oldest continuously registered businesses worldwide.

View attachment 1582516

I’m pretty psyched to join a line of shavers going back almost 500 years.

The other soap is also a Dutch soap. I don’t know too much about it except it smells fantastic, a bright bergamont that’s sharp and refreshing. It’s a hard soap, I get the feeling it’s going to last forever.

View attachment 1582517

And of course, then, there’s the Fatip SE. I’m so excited to use it! It’s a TANK, my first brass razor. I know the plating is a little fragile comparatively, but it feels like I could frame a house with this thing.

View attachment 1582518

Jaw on the ground, I took stock of all he sent me and I didn’t know what to do. Still don’t. :) something like this deserves a reprisal, I feel like, but he’s been clear such would be unwelcome. Which I respect even more.

@Guido75, you are a good man! I will carry your torch of generosity forward to the next generation of new shavers! Thank you so much my friend, what a way to kick off 2023. I have a feeling you are going to have a GREAT year!! You sure deserve it.

I think we should have an annual Guido75 shaving day thread. We could use Fatips and tell Guido stories along with our shave posts!
Great write-up! Congratulations! I'm so stoked for you.

Now you can join in on Tech Tuesdays and Fatip Fridays.

I'm very intrigued by those soaps. I can't wait to hear about your shaves with them.

Last edited:
1673375418000.png

So it's been about 12 hours since I shaved with the kit @Guido75 sent me and I'm still DFS++. I'm suffering from shock and awe at the shave I got out of this soap and the Piccolo. Guido man, I can see why the Fatip is in your list of top razors. THANK YOU, I would have never probably tried one of these and now it's the top dog in the den.

I'm really curious to compare it to the GameChanger 84OC I have more intently, as they seem to be different takes on the same kind of thing. My vague recollection is that the GC is maybe a little smoother but far less effective. Maybe not smoother, but the RR's combs seem less noticeable. Not that the Piccolo is uncomfortable at all it's just that I was VERY aware of the comb fingers while shaving.

I think part of the success of the Piccolo is it's weight. I've been leaning toward lighter razors and handles but this razor (and the Fatboy) have had me rethinking that some. Part of why this shave was so successful, I think, what the fact I just leaned the razor against my face and lowered my hand - that's how I thought about it. Rather than using my hand to drag the razor down my face. It was more an adjustment in attitude than physically.

The Fatip's weight gave me the confidence to try that for real. With the lighter razors I think I've been pushing into my skin more than I should be, even when I'm trying not to. This makes me rethink my ideas about handles and overall razor weight. I know I didn't enjoy the RR HD handle on the GC, but now that I think about it that may have been a balance issue as much as a weight issue. I'm going to be trying out the aluminum handle English Tech @Guido75 also gave me and that should be a contrast of extremes. It's all very interesting, more to explore!

THIS SOAP! It's really, really, fantastic. It's not flashy, it's not trying to stand out with a strong fancy scent - it's friendly, sure, but it's here to competently get the job done. And man, you can tell it's spent 500 years learning to be good at it's job. The decoration on the top of the soap was so nice I didn't want to swirl on it!! LOL I considered flipping it over and using the "bottom" but I ended up deciding to bowl lather.

This is a hard soap, shaving off a reasonable amount into the bowl was a little more challenging than I'm used to - I've been learning on softer soaps pretty much exclusively. After a little effort, I got this into the bowl:

1673376904705.png

This turned out to be WAY TOO MUCH!! About 2/3's of that were still in the bottom of the bowl after at least 90 seconds of swirling up four+ passes worth of a rich and really slick lather. Oops! Well, I'm good to go for the next few shaves :). No worries, I'm excited to roll with this kit all week. Maybe not an official SWS week since I didn't declare it on saturday, but still.

Consistency-wise it reminds me more of Arko than Tabac, Stirling more than B&M. It's on the the yogurt side vs the big body side. At least that's how it lathered up this time for me. I didn't use as much water has I have been with Arko and yet it was noticeably sicker - much more so in the post shave.

Shaving with this outrageous, colorful Italian razor together with the talented, hard working Dutch soap makes me feel like I'm in a screwball international spy buddy comedy movie. An awesome one! I need to pick out the right movie soundtrack to use with this setup. Something cool...

Thanks again @Guido75! This was so thoughtful of you, I really appreciate it. You were very right, I love both of these!

Last edited:
Excellent write up Flask! As for bowl lathering, that is what I usually do with DVH - however I tend to load my brush rather than chopping or scraping a small piece off. Maybe that will help dial it in more easily. And of course you are right - there are gents who flip the puck to preserve the logo.

I am super glad you liked the Fatip and if I read correctly it even helps to hone your technique. You will be getting splendid shaves with all your razors before you know it.

Enjoy my friend!

Guido

Excellent write up Flask! As for bowl lathering, that is what I usually do with DVH - however I tend to load my brush rather than chopping or scraping a small piece off. Maybe that will help dial it in more easily.

For sure. That was the lesson I learned here, this is one I want to load directly. I might have to flip it for a while to save that logo though.
I am super glad you liked the Fatip and if I read correctly it even helps to hone your technique. You will be getting splendid shaves with all your razors before you know it.

Exactly! The greater attention I'm paying because of the novelty of the new razor is making me concentrate on technique and my basics. I'm right at that stage where I know enough to be stupid and forget or ignore the basics. HA!

We're near the end of January and I thought I'd do a reality check on my goals for the month, see how we did.

Not great. Ok I guess :).

It's looking like I only managed two SWS weeks, 50% would get be kicked off the math team that's for sure. It's partially my own hubrus that brought me down - but mostly it was @Guido75 and his devilishly fantastic soap and razor gifts. Those two weeks were basically SWS weeks with "The Guido" kit so I feel like my goal of some kit consistency was still basically met, just not with what I planned originally.

I've posted a ton about how much I'm enjoying the Piccolo, it's been a great razor and has been delivering my best shaves so far. I won't belabor that point more, but I sure appreciate Guido hooking me up with a razor I would have never, ever tried and making me an OC believer. So random, unexpected and fantastic - there's so few things in my life with those elements his gift was like a refreshing North wind blowing through my den.

I've rallied this week and am back on Arko and the new English Tech. While I'm glad I put some serious Arko miles on, I'm equally glad I'll be putting it away for Feburary till Arko theme month - August I suspect? It's a great soap but it's really too strong for me. I'm not man enough for All Arko All the Time. AAAT LOL.

I haven't talked much about brushes here so I thought I'd give a quick update. These were my boars for DecemBOAR:

1674541725534.png

• The Omega Jade
  • The SOC Boar
  • A 2014 B&B Essential Boar I purchased NOS from Murphy & McNiel's online shop
  • The Zenith B33
  • A mighty little Omega 40033 that I was given by a generous local member
At the new year I put the SOC and the B&B into storage. I feel the same as many here about the SOC Boar - Great handle, pretty soft. The B&B is very similar in that way, cool handle but it's too soft, I think it's lofted a tad too high for me.

I'm not using the 40033 anymore but I'm still trying to break it in and have a vague idea about some future project where I put that knot into a handle that's a little easier for my bear paws. It's super stiff, but getting really soft while being super scrubby. I like the knot, hate the handle.

On Jan 1 I also started using the Jade exclusively, while still cycling the B33 and the Omega. I plan to keep at it with the Jade till it's nice and broken in, then move to the B33 and do the same. I'm not 100% sure about the Zenith, I plan to add a Zenith unbleached boar and we'll see if it unseats the B33.

I'm going back and forth on the handle for the unbleached Zenith. I emailed Jose at YourShaving and he's ordering me a 507A XSE in Ivory, I'm also going to get that knot in the butterscotch resin 502 handle. Then I'll know which of those handles I like best, somewhat inexpensively. In case next year I get, say, a Zenith Manchurian in my favorite handle!!

With that, here's my full current rotation:

1674542236642.png

Starting at the left there's the aluminum handle Tech and the Fatip SE. Behind them in the stand is a Slim, a birth year Super Adjustable, a Fatboy and a RR GameChanger 84OC. I also have the 64p plate and I'm considering the 84-P plate during their next sale. Part of 2023 is getting those down to four main razors, so I have some testing and choices I'm looking forward to making.

Then there's the RV 25mm STF, a 24mm RV Shavemac Finest (the discontinued grade) I purchased off Reddit for $35, the Jade, baby Omega (sorta), B33 and brand new Mistrua. I think these will keep me busy for 2023 and I've feeling this is a solid beginner's brush set. Plus the 40033 which will be awesome when it breaks in. After I retire sometime I think.

Next to that is a tiny on-deck selection of the soap samples. After my inital 30ish soap sample run, I've only been trying maybe one a week and that's been dwindling significantly. The Sheep stick is a regular lately, along with De Vegulde Hand and Arko. On the shelf below are my two seasonal "fun" soaps Atomic Pumkin and Christmas Eve

I'm digging my shaving trajectory for 2023. I'm looking to really dial in my technique and I feel like I can get out of brush/razor/soap accumulation for a bit, now that I've got some solid mid-tier hardware and software that I enjoy using. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking.

Here's the latest batch of sample reviews. Happy Shaves!!

Taylor of Old Bond Street - Eton College
Mild scent, very mild. This was my first time using a crème and it's a lot different than a soap. Easier? Seemed to explode in lather really. I should have face lathered with this rather than bowl lather - I'll remember that for next time. And now I want to try a super lather!

I like the Eton College scent, it's preppy. Fresh, citrus and a bit of musk. It really does smell like a young aristocrat :). If I get into creme's this may the the one I get.

Declaration Grooming Nightman
What a fantastic base! This is the Milksteak, I'm not sure how I nailed it the first try with DG but I got the water ratio right with this and it was rich and slick, on the thinner side compared to say, CK-6 which I like. It's made my top 5 bases easily. Nightman is pretty mild off the puck, citrus and grapefruit forward. Lathered up the scent strengthens significantly and there's like a chewing gum, sweet but not sweet note that sticks it's head out.

Looking at the scent profile here - lime, booze, and woods. Well, dang. I wasn't really that close. Woods?! Please. Maybe if it's the "woods" in the plaza of your condo subdivision.

Wholly Kaw - Jamestown Gentleman
Dang, yet another fantastic base. WK is in there with DC, Catie's bubbles and CK-6. Firmer than most in the soft soap category, it's was easy to lather, kept slick and rich. I'd say it had solid post slickness but it had a really nice post shave feel. As good or better than any of the artisan soft soaps I've tried.

I haven't tried many tobacco soaps, my first impression of JG was "Friendly!" lol. It's a semi-sweet tobacco/fougere initially that gets milder when lathered. It also gets wetter, more organic maybe, all on your face. Like someone slapped a big tobacco leaf on your face, left it and ran off laughing hysterically.

The Zingari Man - The Explorer
Hey, another elite artisan soap that's easy to work into a slick rich lather! I'm getting sort of embarrassed of saying that over and over but so many of these modern US artisan bases are performing within 10-15% of each other. I'm starting to get the impression it probably does not matter that much which one you pick, honestly. Zingari Man is fantastic, as good as Catie's and CK-6 for sure.

Bergamont and lime is what hit me first, and a freshness. It got stronger latered up and more "perfumey" I have here in my notes. Hmm, what does that mean? I see the scent notes are citrus, cedar, vetiver, benzoin. I didn't get any cedar, but vetiver/benzoin probably gave it the bite I sensed.

MdC Agrumes
Sometimes you can feel the bolt just slot just right or you make that last network change and see all the flashy lights go from red to green. Using MdC today was another one of those moments - I may have found one of my final soaps!! It's a strong scent to me, fresh and citrusy like fizzly Swiss milk smoothy. It's lively and forward, sharp rather than subtle. But somehow not overwhelming at all. Using it smells like drinking the best semi-sweet lemon/limeaide ever.

The MdC base is well known to most of you so I won't go on about it other than to say it seems to prove to me that the tallow/vegan debate is pointless, this was the top or 2nd best base I've tried - out of almost a dozen at this point.

I think what I know what my first top-tier soap is going to be. Right along with a SV 70th set!

What an excellent write up and pictures Flask!! You are well on your way! Multiple brushes, a nice razor rotation and lots of soaps to choose from. 2023 is going to be epic!!

Enjoy!

Guido

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve only seen two 40033 brushes banded up like that. I think a raccoon-like creature with spiritual connections to Japanese cultures must’ve shared that with you.

The important thing is that whether your benefactors are from the Pacific Northwest or even exotic Netherlands, always blame @Cal

I’ve only seen two 40033 brushes banded up like that. I think a raccoon-like creature with spiritual connections to Japanese cultures must’ve shared that with you.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

The important thing is that whether your benefactors are from the Pacific Northwest or even exotic Netherlands, always blame @Cal

That's an excellent point! I don't blame @Cal nearly as much as he deserves for my Acquisition Disorder issues :)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
@Cal has been an inspiration for me..... And I'm serious. I was content with my ESC Claymore Evolution until I started reading Cal's journal. I saw the fun he was having with DE razors and decided I'd venture into that category. I have enjoyed if far more than I thought I would. Cal enabled me to get over my fear of DE razor blades. There are so many varieties out that, I was overwhelmed. Cal simplified things for me and that fear dissipated.

After that, I've been comparing notes with @Chan Eil Whiskers , @Old Hippie , @LRod and esp. @Mr. Shavington , and base on their recommendations, I've compiled several "the shave lasts for 12 hour" razors. I know we joke about enabling here, but I value the collective wisdom of B&B'ers.

@Cal has been an inspiration for me..... And I'm serious. I was content with my ESC Claymore Evolution until I started reading Cal's journal. I saw the fun he was having with DE razors and decided I'd venture into that category. I have enjoyed if far more than I thought I would. Cal enabled me to get over my fear of DE razor blades. There are so many varieties out that, I was overwhelmed. Cal simplified things for me and that fear dissipated.

After that, I've been comparing notes with @Chan Eil Whiskers , @Old Hippie , @LRod and esp. @Mr. Shavington , and base on their recommendations, I've compiled several "the shave lasts for 12 hour" razors. I know we joke about enabling here, but I value the collective wisdom of B&B'ers.

Indeed @Phoenixkh, I couldn't agree more.

And I'll take you one further - I'm a B&B class behind you. Did you know I made my first B&B private message to you? I'd been following your photos for a month before I worked up the courage to ask you about the crazy brush I kept seeing in your photos. And since I've followed your posts and journal entries closer than anyone's.

Your move from mid-tier to, now with the WR order, true top tier gear status has been both inspiring and instructive. You've expertly and entertainingly documented your journey and have shared your learnings interactively with the members. Plus you've helped me in several personal affairs, you know what I mean :).

You are one of my mentors more than most here, @Phoenixkh

In addition to the august body of shaving elders you've called out there are even more members from whom I've been the recipient of outrageous generosity and thoughtfulness. I won't go full radio show and tag them all here now. I know they know who they are and how grateful I am for their help.

B&B is a very, very interesting place. I've drifted through many virtual communities in my time and nothing has had this type of...I'm grasping. Brotherhood maybe? Innate goodwill perhaps. It's quite refreshing and a respite in this post covid crazy age we're in.

Top Bottom