What's new

Anyone with experience with Myrsol kilo shave cream?

Hey all,

I'm about halfway through my Canada scentless soap and was mulling picking up something for when this runs out. I'm a big fan of Myrsol aftershaves and saw that Maggard's has a Myrsol Blue Soap. But THEN I saw on Gifts & Care that the company also has a 1 kilo tub of what appears to be scentless (?) shave soap as well. Anyone have any experience with this stuff and can comment on performance and scent? It'd be my first kilo tub of soap and part of me is intrigued at paying $40 and never needing to buy shave soap again (or at least likely for the rest of this decade). There's an old B&B thread on it from 2015 but it peters out before it really gets anywhere so I thought I'd raise the issue again.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I'm about halfway through my Canada scentless soap and was mulling picking up something for when this runs out. I'm a big fan of Myrsol aftershaves and saw that Maggard's has a Myrsol Blue Soap. But THEN I saw on Gifts & Care that the company also has a 1 kilo tub of what appears to be scentless (?) shave soap as well. Anyone have any experience with this stuff and can comment on performance and scent? It'd be my first kilo tub of soap and part of me is intrigued at paying $40 and never needing to buy shave soap again (or at least likely for the rest of this decade). There's an old B&B thread on it from 2015 but it peters out before it really gets anywhere so I thought I'd raise the issue again.

Thanks!

Bought something like 10/15 years ago or maybe more... I don't have a good memory of it, I gave it as a gift.
IMHo you can buy better …

Yes, it works well.

The container is not ideal (depending on brush and wrist size) when you need to reach down deeper after having used up the top third. Transferring the shaving cream (as Myrsol classifies it) into an open container you will soon realize that it has a high water content and develops cracks when drying in open containers.
It does not affect the quality of the lather, but if the look of it bothers you transfer the cream into a container with a tight lid. The product is soft enough that you can do it with a spoon.

To give you an idea, the consistency is somewhat softer than Proraso in the green tub, but with a mild “barbershop” kind of scent.

Hope this helps…

B.

Last edited:
I ended up buying just a individual-sized container of the Myrsol Blue soap. Yeah, that stuff is really almost the consistency of butter. I put it into a larger container just yesterday and will start using it this week.

Top Bottom