What's new

Life after Stirling?

Stirling's regular offerings in beef tallow are excellent enough for the non-hobbyist let alone the sheep soaps. For what the soap costs you're crazy to use anything else. Taking the plunge into the rabbit hole and you'll find you'll be willing to pay more for different experiences elsewhere- nothing wrong with that, either. Just saying that the beef is luxurious enough- just use more product and more water.

Stirling's regular offerings in beef tallow are excellent enough for the non-hobbyist let alone the sheep soaps. For what the soap costs you're crazy to use anything else. Taking the plunge into the rabbit hole and you'll find you'll be willing to pay more for different experiences elsewhere- nothing wrong with that, either. Just saying that the beef is luxurious enough- just use more product and more water.
Yeah. But The Sheep is just perfect. Don't need anything else...

No. The other option is none of the above. I think it was suggested to just keep them, to switch up. Seems like a good option...
Another option is toss them and buy some PdP or Haslinger. :letterk1:

But I agree. With the cost of shipping and it being used, just keep them.

Another option is toss them and buy some PdP or Haslinger. :letterk1:

But I agree. With the cost of shipping and it being used, just keep them.
Not shipping anything used. I have Pre de Provence No 63 and Bergamot and Thyme. Don't think they were on the list, were they Sweet Cheeks?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I think the OP is suffering from the the same thing that many of us go through from time to time. We continue to buy product that can, sometimes, outshine what we already have. And we have an epiphany moment with the new product and it's so good we wonder why we would want to use anything else. I've had those moments myself. But, when I thought I should chuck the rest of my collection to make room or simplify, I held off. And I held off because...variety and choice is a a good thing. So glad that when I ran into products that were outstanding, I didn't toss other products that were perfectly good.

I just ordered the Stirling Sheep based on the OP's thoughts. I've been using unscented soaps to help clear through all the "mostly finished" bottles of AS I have. I like Canada Soap but even unscented it has a faint whiff of salt that's kinda weird to me. An unscented that has a faint fresh milk odor sounds interesting. And given that Stirling sells refill pucks is a plus. I have plenty of empty tins around. Wish more stores would offer refill pucks.

Smart man. And I agree with you about the mutton tallow. For my face, it rivals the very best out there. Stirling mutton and B&M Omnibus are pretty much all I use these days.
Cheers to that.
Varen, Glastonbury, and Electric Sheep perform just that much better for me than:
Faskally, Executive & Sharp Dressed Man, Havorford, Stirling Green, Oud Sigma and Campania

Doesn't stop me from using them ...

I just ordered the Stirling Sheep based on the OP's thoughts. I've been using unscented soaps to help clear through all the "mostly finished" bottles of AS I have. I like Canada Soap but even unscented it has a faint whiff of salt that's kinda weird to me. An unscented that has a faint fresh milk odor sounds interesting. And given that Stirling sells refill pucks is a plus. I have plenty of empty tins around. Wish more stores would offer refill pucks.
My Sheep does not smell unscented or faint. I don’t mind it at all, but it definitely has a bit of a peculiar odour going on.

You could say that about all unscented soaps. The soap base is going to have a scent to it. In my mind a more accurate description would be “no scent added”
Agreed. That is a much more eloquent and accurate way to express what I was trying to say. Thank you.

And I do love the Sheep, just in case there was any miscommunication on my part on that point. I didn’t mean to imply anything derogatory about it. It’s a fine product.

Agreed. That is a much more eloquent and accurate way to express what I was trying to say. Thank you.

And I do love the Sheep, just in case there was any miscommunication on my part on that point. I didn’t mean to imply anything derogatory about it. It’s a fine product.
Their mutton base is an excellent product. I have a few tubs of the Varen and a sample of Glastonbury
PAA Scentsless is pretty dang close; my nullest smelling soap
I wonder if it’s because they’re using more neutrally scented oils/ingredients in their base. For example stearic acid and coconut oil are much more neutral in scent than beef or mutton tallow

I think just shipping, if I understand. I won't send anything that's actually been used.

I have:

Soaps/creams:

Truefitt & Hill: 1805
Taylor of Old Bond Street: Sandalwood Cream in a tub
Tabac both in the jar and a stick
Proraso White in a tub
Cella: 2 unopened tubs and a 1 kilo block
Cella Aloe: Tub
Proraso Geen: Tube
Proraso Red: Tube

DE Razor Blades (bought 100 5 blade packs--used a few packs) :

Voskhod
Derby
Shark Super chrome

There might be more. I'll have to take a proper inventory.
I'd be interested in the T&H 1805.

Top Bottom