What's new

Unbranded Feather AS-D2?

I really want the Feather AS-D2 but I can't get over my dislike for the in-your-face branding on the top of the razor. Do they sell an unbranded version, or does anyone know if it can be removed with alcohol or similar? Alternatively, is there a similar solid stainless steel razor I might like?

feather_as_d2__95925.jpg

A Gillette Tech?

Joking, of course.

My original ASD2 was purchased from a member here for a great price, knowing that it had a scratch on the cap.

I used it for a while, and one day thought I would try a light polish to remove the scratch. I buffed the cap by hand with some metal polish and an old t shirt.

Sadly, it had little effect on the scratch - or the logo.

I guess my point is that alcohol won't remove it. You would likely need to use something much more agressive than the polish that I used, possibly some fine grit sandpaper, followed by a polish.

Even still, being MIM, I don't know what the result would look like.

lasta

Blade Biter
I think bead blasting has more to do with the Feather's finish than being MIM. Should polish up fine.

But, taking a steel razor from blasted to mirror will be ALOT of work, and involve at least some rough sanding.

Personally, I'd say save yourself the trouble and get a Tech:c3:

Alternatively, is there a similar solid stainless steel razor I might like?
I just recently bought a RazoRock Game Changer 68-P. Granted, I'm on the honeymoon, so I'm a little overly enthused, but there are a lot of other folks who like this brand of stainless steel razors. Made from 316L stainless, the RR GC 68-P is an all s.s. razor. It is also CNC machined from a block of s.s. and tolerances are kept very tight. The price is affordable given the cost of other s.s. razors.
20230104_162000.jpg

20230106_144523.jpg

b/r

ON_1

I just recently bought a RazoRock Game Changer 68-P. Granted, I'm on the honeymoon, so I'm a little overly enthused, but there are a lot of other folks who like this brand of stainless steel razors. Made from 316L stainless, the RR GC 68-P is an all s.s. razor. It is also CNC machined from a block of s.s. and tolerances are kept very tight. The price is affordable given the cost of other s.s. razors.
View attachment 1584769
View attachment 1584771

b/r

ON_1

Best value in a stainless steel razor.

I like mild razors, and regularly use various Techs and an ASD2. The only other modern razors I use are the Razorock GC 68P and OC (other than a few SE razors that I dedicate to head shaves).

Don't know if the Rszorock will work for you, but it is very well made and shaves very well for me.

But always remember you can't really compare the AS-D2 and the Gamechanger. They are totally different razors. They don't even shave similar.

Top Bottom