What's new

🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ— DecemBOAR 2022!!! Only Boar Brushes for all of December! 🐽 🐷 πŸ– πŸ—

DECEMBOAR, 29th.

Semogue, Denim, Palmolive, 3P, Rapozo, Nacet, the Beast and me!

5BD4F313-9965-4D0A-8E05-0297B151FC1A.jpeg
Β 
Twenty ninth shave with a boar in Decemboar. Finally received the botibrush handle that I ordered for this little boar and used for the first time today. The knot is a 22mm Zenith unbleached boar that came in a cheap chromed plastic handle. The knot suffered some indignities being cut out of the handle as the Zeniths aren't as easy to mine as the plastic handled Omegas, and it still looses a few hairs in use, but nothing too major. It has survived the transplant and makes for a very nice brush. The wood that Boti uses is dense and heavy like bog. This brush excels at painting and has less backbone than it's Zenith pure bristle cousins. Lather today was at a strataspheric level, but the credit must go to the Pinnacle Grooming soap. Amazing stuff. View attachment 1579387View attachment 1579388
Nice handle there. I’m guessing it’s some unobtainium as you always post some really nice high end stuff. πŸ˜ƒ
Β 
It is not how many you own, but how many you have tried. ;)
Current production: 6 varieties by Conter, 8 by Codaa. 3 of them overlap. Some like the White are discontinued.
I have only tried 8. So far "Tribe" and "1976" seem to be my favourites. There are a couple I don't like. Have at least 2 more to try.
Β 
It is not how many you own, but how many you have tried. ;)
Current production: 6 varieties by Conter, 8 by Codaa. 3 of them overlap. Some like the White are discontinued.
I have only tried 8. So far "Tribe" and "1976" seem to be my favourites. There are a couple I don't like. Have at least 2 more to try.

Ivan = Zoidberg's personal enabler.

Yes, you are spot on about trying them first! Unless they are bought online, which makes it a bit trickier to do so!

Decemboar 29

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

I've had a few strange shaves with the Personna Lab Blue. For the first few shaves, I was left with a fair bit of growth left even after 2.5 passes. Then for the 3rd shave, it seemed to get quite a bit sharper, and today it was at the sharpest, both these shaves were very close ones. An absolutely delightful shave with it in my trusty Fat Handle Tech today.
A great lather with the Omega 10075 and Lea Stick. It might be one of the cheaper shaving soaps I own, but in terms of performance, I think it's performance punches well above it's price tag.
It's really easy to lather, after rubbing the stick on my face, it explodes into a lather with almost no trouble at all, and it's not at all finicky for being hydrated either. In addition, I think it has an excellent post shave feel, probably down to it containing lanolin.
If you're on the fence about picking up one of these new formulation Lea Shaving Sticks, I'd say go ahead and get yourself one!

IMG_20221229_153731.jpg
Β 
Ivan = Zoidberg's personal enabler.

Yes, you are spot on about trying them first! Unless they are bought online, which makes it a bit trickier to do so!

Decemboar 29

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Omega 10075
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

I've had a few strange shaves with the Personna Lab Blue. For the first few shaves, I was left with a fair bit of growth left even after 2.5 passes. Then for the 3rd shave, it seemed to get quite a bit sharper, and today it was at the sharpest, both these shaves were very close ones. An absolutely delightful shave with it in my trusty Fat Handle Tech today.
A great lather with the Omega 10075 and Lea Stick. It might be one of the cheaper shaving soaps I own, but in terms of performance, I think it's performance punches well above it's price tag.
It's really easy to lather, after rubbing the stick on my face, it explodes into a lather with almost no trouble at all, and it's not at all finicky for being hydrated either. In addition, I think it has an excellent post shave feel, probably down to it containing lanolin.
If you're on the fence about picking up one of these new formulation Lea Shaving Sticks, I'd say go ahead and get yourself one!

View attachment 1579563
Brick-and-mortar stores here only sell 3-4 varieties. The rest I bought online, but the 2 I haven't tried I can't buy even online. For now...
Β 
A few shops in my hometown sell Original, Black, Aqua and Musk. They also sell a number of Brut aftershaves as well.

Which ones are you still looking for? I'll drop you a PM if I ever see the ones you are looking for.
Raw Passion and River are the ones I haven't tried. Not very eager to try the Raw Passion. I see red packaging and that usually means I won't like the scent. Some day the River will appear at the Polish stores like Makeup.
Β 
Todays boar of choice was one of the new Vie Long 26mm Bleached Boar (Butterscotch Tulip Handle).

Very comfortable solid resin handle and a fairly dense and soft tipped knot. The only downside is that mine has a bit of a cowlick so it doesn't splay very well (it seems to be an outlier as others haven't had the same cowlick). It's not an issue for me as I am more of a painter and I'm planning on getting another one in 2023 (with a different handle).

20221229_133103.jpg
20221229_133108.jpg
Β 
Raw Passion and River are the ones I haven't tried. Not very eager to try the Raw Passion. I see red packaging and that usually means I won't like the scent. Some day the River will appear at the Polish stores like Makeup.

Thanks for the info. Both of those can be bought on UK eBay for good prices (Β£5.49 delivered in the UK), but the sellers don't ship abroad. I'd offer to send them to you, but I won't be able to do so due to Brexit regulations (don't get me started).

MakeUp seems to be a game changer, but I wish they'd stock things like Barbon (even though it's not Polish, but Hungarian). I've been wanting to get the Polish aftershave Consul but it's never in stock!
Β 
Today I went with the younger Tech in my collection...This tiny and light Tech from 1972

Thank you for bringing out your 1972 Tech - that's super close to my birth year and I'd seen others of those with that same handle design. Is that the English one by chance? Those are the 70's tech's I seem to see most frequently.
Great soap from Areffa, with an amazing scent to it. I really like these soaps from Ukraine.

I've wanted to try this very soap too! I can't believe they are pushing out soap during a war. It's great to hear you're enjoying it, I may have to break down and order that.
Β 
Top Bottom