What's new

Blackland Blackbird "Lite"

I have shaved daily for 7 days with Lord Platinum Class blades.

7 shaves; No nicks; No Irritation; Very Close; Very Smooth. I’m calling them DFS+ or DFS++. Yesterday’s shave was good for the Christmas Eve service. After the 9th shave, I’m moving on to another blade.

This combo is on target and a very sustainable daily driver.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Alright. I sold my Athena because of the Era. Now, I wanna sell my Eras because of the Lite. I’m trying to limit myself to what can fit in my toolbox. The Lite can replace my level 5. We’ll see if the rest of the year confirms my immediate impression.

Oh this is interesting! Definitely let us know how that goes.

If the Lite is as agressive and as efficient as the ERA level 5, then it may be worthwhile to try it. Hmmmm.... I will be watching this.

If the Lite is as agressive and as efficient as the ERA level 5, then it may be worthwhile to try it. Hmmmm.... I will be watching this.
I'm with you Brad. This is very interesting.

I have an Era with both the level 5 open comb and safety bar as well as a re-release (polished) Dart and a stainless steel Blackbird.

I would have never guessed anyone would say the BB Lite base plate was equal to an Era at level 5. But here we are....

👀

B82813B2-07CD-4BEC-835C-E3CE5CFB2CD7.jpeg

getting the hang of it. Very comfortable shaves. Will try with Nacet, Personna and Feather blades next.

I'm with you Brad. This is very interesting.

I have an Era with both the level 5 open comb and safety bar as well as a re-release (polished) Dart and a stainless steel Blackbird.

I would have never guessed anyone would say the BB Lite base plate was equal to an Era at level 5. But here we are....

👀
How would you describe the lite, relative to the level 5 OC?

So far, on my particular face, everything remains the same. I haven’t used the Era since Saturday, but I feel the Lite is smoother, but otherwise the same end result. I look forward to the kickstarter/preorder for the BrassLite 😉. I’m trying to get used to the steel plate in my Brassbird.
Pics of the steel plate in the brass bird would be interesting

Today the first shave with the Blackbird Lite

As expected, the Lite is much milder / smoother and due to the lower efficency, compared to the regular Bird, more suitable as a three pass shaver, ymmv. Next time i will try a sharper blade like GSB or feather.
It's too early to tell after only one shave, but it's likely that the Lite plate will only get its playtime of use on days when my skin is irritated. The regular Blackbird is for me the better Razor.
For those who wanted to try a Bird but feared its aggressive reputation, the Blackbird Lite is certainly the first choice.
No cuts, nics or irritation.
Three pass shave, with a little touch up and all in all, a very pleasant shave.
Shaving cream Speick men
Personna platinun (4)

Finally to mention the Lite has a slightly different, rougher finish than the regular Blackbird

right is the Lite
5C59ADFB-4FE3-4C31-A837-0C791D8FE6AA.jpeg

7CD69727-1806-43E6-A753-8C38C5AA6A97.jpeg

Today the first shave with the Blackbird Lite

As expected, the Lite is much milder / smoother and due to the lower efficency, compared to the regular Bird, more suitable as a three pass shaver, ymmv. Next time i will try a sharper blade like GSB or feather.
It's too early to tell after only one shave, but it's likely that the Lite plate will only get its playtime of use on days when my skin is irritated. The regular Blackbird is for me the better Razor.
For those who wanted to try a Bird but feared its aggressive reputation, the Blackbird Lite is certainly the first choice.
No cuts, nics or irritation.
Three pass shave, with a little touch up and all in all, a very pleasant shave.
Shaving cream Speick men
Personna platinun (4)

Finally to mention the Lite has a slightly different, rougher finish than the regular Blackbird

right is the Lite
View attachment 1578802
View attachment 1578803
Thanks for the comparison. I’m getting similar results to yours but in 4 passes. I may want to try the Blackbird at a later date.

After reviewing and reading as many different user's opinions over the last few months in my research of the different DE options out there, I registered a few minutes ago simply to voice my opinion that these Blackland razors are absolutely stunning, and simply works of art. The Blackbird, to my eye, is the most beautiful I've seen/come across...the Vector being a twin sister!
I've been trying different razors last few months in my search for something that not only works for me, but something I can pass down to my sons (I'm wired to think this way in just about all that I buy). This has not involved Blackland products due to my fear of being too aggressive, etc., but after reading about this "Lite" variant, I placed an order. Have my fingers crossed on this, as no hiding the fact I'm hoping it's a perfect fit.
As a side ramble...unfortunately I'm new to this DE thing. At the age of 55, I've battled ingrown hair issues using the different cartridge-based razors most of my life. I realize dealing with such is a small problem to have...especially within in the grand scheme, but I hate the d*** things. Have scars on my aging neck from years of battling. After it was suggested to get away from the multi-bladed options, I gave a Bevel Razor a shot. I was completely surprised at how easy it was to battle 2 days of growth...feeling no drag whatsoever...and with no ingrown encountered during this testing phase, to say I'm excited at the prospect of this moving forward is an understatement.
So far, besides the Bevel use, I've given the Timeless .68 and .95 a go. Again, very excited to try this Blackbird Lite. And it's very nice to see products like this being made, especially here in the US.

After reviewing and reading as many different user's opinions over the last few months in my research of the different DE options out there, I registered a few minutes ago simply to voice my opinion that these Blackland razors are absolutely stunning, and simply works of art. The Blackbird, to my eye, is the most beautiful I've seen/come across...the Vector being a twin sister!
I've been trying different razors last few months in my search for something that not only works for me, but something I can pass down to my sons (I'm wired to think this way in just about all that I buy). This has not involved Blackland products due to my fear of being too aggressive, etc., but after reading about this "Lite" variant, I placed an order. Have my fingers crossed on this, as no hiding the fact I'm hoping it's a perfect fit.
As a side ramble...unfortunately I'm new to this DE thing. At the age of 55, I've battled ingrown hair issues using the different cartridge-based razors most of my life. I realize dealing with such is a small problem to have...especially within in the grand scheme, but I hate the d*** things. Have scars on my aging neck from years of battling. After it was suggested to get away from the multi-bladed options, I gave a Bevel Razor a shot. I was completely surprised at how easy it was to battle 2 days of growth...feeling no drag whatsoever...and with no ingrown encountered during this testing phase, to say I'm excited at the prospect of this moving forward is an understatement.
So far, besides the Bevel use, I've given the Timeless .68 and .95 a go. Again, very excited to try this Blackbird Lite. And it's very nice to see products like this being made, especially here in the US.

Welcome to wet shaving! It's never too late to start. Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Blackbird Lite!

How would you describe the lite, relative to the level 5 OC?
I myself don't own a Lite base plate. I do have an original SS Blackbird, an Era level 5 oc and sb as well as a Dart.

Others were saying that the Lite was similar to the Era at level 5 so I found that interesting as I would never have guessed that. I'm awaiting more feedback on this subject. That's all.

I just got home from vacation to meet my Blackbird Lite for the first time with a 3-day stubble. I would say my beard is medium-to-high thickness and moderate toughness.

I used the Personna super blade that came with it. I'm absolutely not an expert but...

What a phenomenal shave! The first pass WTG already cleared most of it and the second, ATG sealed the deal for a very smooth and comfortable shave. Super easy to find the proper angle and absolutely no irritation. This one is a keeper for sure! And it looks stunning on my counter!

Razor: Blackbird Lite

Blade: Personna

Brush: Fendrihan Super Badger

Soap: Razorock Green Label Stick

Aftershave: RR Alum and Natura Homen Copaiba balm (Brazil)

Attachments

• 20221228_184253.jpg
    20221228_184253.jpg
    856.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20221228_163106.jpg
    20221228_163106.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom