What's new

The "when in doubt"......thread

This thread is designed to be a collection of tips and tricks that you always refer back to when you might be in a rut or having trouble in your shaving. Might become a good place for newbies to learn some stuff as well!

All posts should be formatted the same: "When in doubt....(insert your comment here)"

For example,

When in doubt.....stick with Proraso green

When in doubt.....let the razor do the work

Now lets see what the rest of yall think!

When in doubt...
Put a fresh blade in.
Don't bother with ATG or kill your face trying to get "those stubborn strays," just try again tomorrow.
Slow down.

When in doubt...
Put a fresh blade in.
Don't bother with ATG or kill your face trying to get "those stubborn strays," just try again tomorrow.
Slow down.

+1 All sage advice.

I would also add:

When in doubt prep (hot towel) just a bit longer and
don't be stingy with the soap/cream at the expense of a dense, thick lather.

When in doubt, PIF it out

There are too many great products to hang on to all of the so-so performing ones. PIF them to newbies so they can experience more without shelling out a bunch of coin

When in doubt:
All of the above plus ...
Re-read the Stickies, all of them.
Ideally you should print them out if you can.
I used the printer at the job and even blew up the pictures. They make for great reading on the subway ride home.

When in doubt: Change the blade. The pain and irritation of using a blade that is past its prime will last all day. The "satisfaction" of saving a few cents by squeezing an extra shave out of it will be forgotten soon enough.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
When in doubt... get both. If that is not possible, get the more expensive one.

This often occurs when considering two lathering products. Not always, but usually, I have found the more expensive products to perform better than the cheaper ones.

When in doubt VDH Glycerine SS and a 1912 Gem Jr. with a fresh blade.
+1 on when in doubt change the blade.

when in doubt...

...Dont go over the same spot again and again to try and get BBS.

...Dont keep telling your friends about wetshaving, they probably are sick of it by now.

...Dont shave with a hangover.

Top Bottom