What's new

Christmas shave gear for the wife. Anyone else?

How many of you have bought shave gear for your wife or significant other this year for Christmas?

I caught my wife about a month ago looking at custom Gillette Mach 3 handles on amazon. Asked her what's that about? She told me she likes her mach 3 blades but her handle sucks. One of the newer handles and she says it feels like junk and she hates the pivot head as it has too much free slop in it. She showed me a picture of one with a purple handle and said that's what I'd like to have.

My wife, now she is a simple girl, hates makeup, not into jewelry, loves about anything purple. So Holidays and Birthdays makes it a bit hard for me to shop for her. Books and kitchen gadgets are always a winner but it has become the norm every year.

Outside of the box this year. Found a purple custom handle on etsy, amazon sold out. I think she will love it!
Yes, she will still be getting some books and more kitchen gadgets but I think I got her a good present this year.

39B9062D-1781-4B0B-B231-EB943A42C842.jpeg

My favorite Ebay soap guy also sells other handmade bath products and for our anniversary this year, I got her a box of his shower bomb thingies that look like a small bar soap but melt when water touches them and gives off a strong fragrance of Eucalyptus. I, of course, had to add a few things for myself in that order.

I wouldn't try my luck with that more than once a year, though. Flannel pajamas were her gift this year. Can't screw that one up.

I'm sure she'll love that handle. It looks really nice.

How many of you have bought shave gear for your wife or significant other this year for Christmas?

I caught my wife about a month ago looking at custom Gillette Mach 3 handles on amazon. Asked her what's that about? She told me she likes her mach 3 blades but her handle sucks. One of the newer handles and she says it feels like junk and she hates the pivot head as it has too much free slop in it. She showed me a picture of one with a purple handle and said that's what I'd like to have.

My wife, now she is a simple girl, hates makeup, not into jewelry, loves about anything purple. So Holidays and Birthdays makes it a bit hard for me to shop for her. Books and kitchen gadgets are always a winner but it has become the norm every year.

Outside of the box this year. Found a purple custom handle on etsy, amazon sold out. I think she will love it!
Yes, she will still be getting some books and more kitchen gadgets but I think I got her a good present this year.

View attachment 1573500
She will love it. I just ordered the Missus a Henson ++ in copper.

Last edited:

View attachment 1573500
Looks like you nailed it! Good job.😊👍💈

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1573500

Thats a very lovely handle! Its perhaps the finest upgrade you could do for a cart razor, to take it from looking dull and utilitarian, to amazingly stellar and beautiful. With Christmas just around the corner, I am sure that she will love it! 😍

My favorite Ebay soap guy also sells other handmade bath products and for our anniversary this year, I got her a box of his shower bomb thingies that look like a small bar soap but melt when water touches them and gives off a strong fragrance of Eucalyptus. I, of course, had to add a few things for myself in that order.

I wouldn't try my luck with that more than once a year, though. Flannel pajamas were her gift this year. Can't screw that one up.

I'm sure she'll love that handle. It looks really nice.
Not to hijack the thread, but who is your favorite eBay soap guy (or should they have been Etsy)?

Not to hijack the thread, but who is your favorite eBay soap guy (or should they have been Etsy)?
It's Ebay. Sapo de Solis...he makes one shaving soap (3 pucks $12 shipped) but it's not the best lather in world compared to "real" shaving soaps. I love it, though, because of the ingredients and it doesn't effect my eczema. The one scent is odd and mild but enjoyable. @SwamperWI has become a fan, too. The seller is super nice, gives out free samples of stuff with each order and even custom made me my own 100% olive oil soap for the same price as the shave soap. I've had samples of his pine tar soap and one called Gardener's Friend and they've both been fantastic, also.

Top Bottom