What's new

Returning to the str8

I used to only shave with a str8… probably a 3 year stretch. Then it kind of lost its novelty and I’ve been happily using DEs. But it’s good to keep my muscle memory. This is a dubl duck special no. 1. And I must say, I honed it to near perfection on my Norton 4K/8k… that’s all I use besides a pasted paddle strop before the shave. this blade shaved like a dream. Will probably keep with it maybe weekly to maintain that form. It’s been a minute since my last str8 shave, so was real happy with how this one went— super smooth, not a single nick.

CB26E7A4-D295-48BC-8127-12EE9AE6A03E.jpeg
2F458B64-3F5C-4E95-9455-855BD7F59022.jpeg

I have always wondered if SR shaving was like riding a bicycle.
I believe that to be the case. First str8 shave back after an extended break probably won’t be perfect. But after a couple, you will probably be back in prime form.

For me, I did not lose my ability to hone a razor.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I believe that to be the case. First str8 shave back after an extended break probably won’t be perfect. But after a couple, you will probably be back in prime form.

For me, I did not lose my ability to hone a razor.
Thank you. I have never had the willpower to go for longer than about 36 hours without a SR shave. I can't handle the withdrawal symptoms.

With DE SR I've explored enough and long enough to know what I like and don't like. I am a long way from that with a straight razor.

I am curious as to my own ability to shave with a straight razor. I have never cut myself and have always had a good shave. But I work at home and do not have to rush for a morning commute. I shave when it is convenient; usually later in the day.

But I have never been in the position of having to shave quickly before rushing out to work. I wonder if I could pull that off with straight razor?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I am curious as to my own ability to shave with a straight razor. I have never cut myself and have always had a good shave. But I work at home and do not have to rush for a morning commute. I shave when it is convenient; usually later in the day.

But I have never been in the position of having to shave quickly before rushing out to work. I wonder if I could pull that off with straight razor?
Probably. A well honed and stropped razor should be capable of a socially acceptable shave with only one pass. I only do a single pass. BBS is not a requirement, and generally, at work, nobody will notice, anyway.

Top Bottom