What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2022

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Okay Eric, we need to be clear on something.... you know the bold statement is an impossibility. The correct way to state this is: "As I raised my glass of F.T.B., my eyes met the icy, disapproving stare of my (wife, GF, whatever). Despite this, I really enjoyed it."
She's a Michigan girl, so I watch my beer steps, good sir. ;)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Okay Eric, we need to be clear on something.... you know the bold statement is an impossibility. The correct way to state this is: "As I raised my glass of F.T.B., my eyes met the icy, disapproving stare of my (wife, GF, whatever). Despite this, I really enjoyed it."
Their is hope for my wife. On Thanksgiving I opened a bottle of The Bruery’s “So Happens it’s Tuesday” from 2016. If you haven’t had it before it’s excellent. It’s a barrel aged Imperial stout that’s usually around 15%abv and pours like syrup. My wife hates beer AND Bourbon but I got her to taste it. To my utter astonishment she said it tastes a lot like dark chocolate and the she liked it!

Their is hope for my wife. On Thanksgiving I opened a bottle of The Bruery’s “So Happens it’s Tuesday” from 2016. If you haven’t had it before it’s excellent. It’s a barrel aged Imperial stout that’s usually around 15%abv and pours like syrup. My wife hates beer AND Bourbon but I got her to taste it. To my utter astonishment she said it tastes a lot like dark chocolate and the she liked it!
Belgian Kriek to pave the way…

I'm not sure if that's the hope you really want. She may try to get into your stash! And if it's from 2016, there's no way to replace it. You may be in trouble, good Sir...

When I threaten to acquire new beer, I mean it...
20221205_122419.jpg

Now I just have to hunt down the other two...😉

20221205_122341.jpg

This one looked interesting. Oatmeal porter from Voodoo Brewing, PA.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
9947EAC3-6784-461C-B607-24BD06D07C81.jpeg

This may be my new favorite barrel aged imperial stout. This stuff pours THICK, dark chocolate with a kiss of vanilla. The bourbon is there but it is oh so smooth. Just under 15%abv. I’m going to have to be careful with these.

Last edited:
20221212_232420.jpg

Thumbprint Series Weizen Doppelbock from New Glarus. Excellent! I was worried about getting blasted by the banana/clove effect characteristic with weizens, but it was very subtle, well incorporated with the malt of the doppelbock. Rich, frothy head with nice lacing on the glass. Easy drinking and full-bodied. I've gotta pick up some more....

Top Bottom