What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Which one was your suggestion?
"Bella Roma". It's inspired by Born in Roma by Valentino. The fragrance he's referring to is the womans version of the regular (non-yellow) fragrance.

What I suggested was Born in Roma Yellow Dream EdT for him. This stuff is awesome! Both the men and women's version of Yellow Dream are totally worth owning.

Even though Rod didn't make the one I wanted, exactly. I still feel proud in that I suggested a Valentino fragrance from the Born in Roma line for his inspiration and he did one. There has not yet, until now, been any Stirling soap made with a scent in homage to or a duplicate of a Valentino fragrance. So I see it as a small win.

I can tell you without smelling this one, if you were to buy it for a lady in your life, she would be all smiles about receiving this it. She would love it for sure.

Valentino makes some very good fragrances. I can only hope Rod makes some soap that smells like Yellow Dream for him.

"Bella Roma". It's inspired by Born in Roma by Valentino. The fragrance he's referring to is the womans version of the regular (non-yellow) fragrance.

What I suggested was Born in Roma Yellow Dream EdT for him. This stuff is awesome! Both the men and women's version of Yellow Dream are totally worth owning.

Even though Rod didn't make the one I wanted, exactly. I still feel proud in that I suggested a Valentino fragrance from the Born in Roma line for his inspiration and he did one. There has not yet, until now, been any Stirling soap made with a scent in homage to or a duplicate of a Valentino fragrance. So I see it as a small win.

I can tell you without smelling this one, if you were to buy it for a lady in your life, she would be all smiles about receiving this it. She would love it for sure.

Valentino makes some very good fragrances. I can only hope Rod makes some soap that smells like Yellow Dream for him.
His wife may be the reason they went with the woman's version. She probably loves it. If I ever come across it, I'll check it out.

673C3952-BA77-4CB3-9EF6-21689CA87F9A.jpeg

NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (D1)

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man balm

Today marks the the beginning of a love affair a long time coming.

I've wanted a Dart from the very first moment I laid eyes on one. To me it's absolutely beautiful and true piece of art. Never would I have guessed that it would be re-released. Now that I have one I couldn't be more happy and with that said, this is my maiden shave.

For today's shave I chose Stirling Soap Company's Ramblin' Man. This is a true favorite of mine. It's a blend of citrus top notes, sandalwood middle notes, and a dense base of musk, cedar, and ambergris. It's masculine and smooth! I highly recommend this one.

I paired the Dart with a brand new Astra blade and got to work. Initially I got a really smooth feel from this razor/blade combo. I was expecting the Dart to feel very aggressive with a lot of blade feel but that's not what I felt. The razor is very efficient but there is a level of deception to it. See even though it felt very smooth to me, you do have to be cautious with this razor as it can bite. If you don't play the angle right you can nick yourself.

I didn't get a ton of blade feel but that's not a bad thing at all. It's hard to describe how smooth yet efficient this razor is. All I can say is that I really do like it a lot. It's not a beginners razor though. Some experience with various razors and wet shaving in general, are recommended.

I did a three-pass shave face lathering with my trusty Omega boar brush. Being fully broken in, it was a pleasure to use. Nice and soft, and without issue.

When finished I applied the matching Ramblin' Man aftershave balm and have been basking in its awesome scent since.

So there you have it. My dream of owning a Blackland Dart has come true and I've logged my first shave with it. I feel stoked to say the least and can't wait to perfect shaving with this unique tool.

Shave on gentlemen!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
View attachment 1563798
NOCvember

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (D1)

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man balm

Today marks the the beginning of a love affair a long time coming.

I've wanted a Dart from the very first moment I laid eyes on one. To me it's absolutely beautiful and true piece of art. Never would I have guessed that it would be re-released. Now that I have one I couldn't be more happy and with that said, this is my maiden shave.

For today's shave I chose Stirling Soap Company's Ramblin' Man. This is a true favorite of mine. It's a blend of citrus top notes, sandalwood middle notes, and a dense base of musk, cedar, and ambergris. It's masculine and smooth! I highly recommend this one.

I paired the Dart with a brand new Astra blade and got to work. Initially I got a really smooth feel from this razor/blade combo. I was expecting the Dart to feel very aggressive with a lot of blade feel but that's not what I felt. The razor is very efficient but there is a level of deception to it. See even though it felt very smooth to me, you do have to be cautious with this razor as it can bite. If you don't play the angle right you can nick yourself.

I didn't get a ton of blade feel but that's not a bad thing at all. It's hard to describe how smooth yet efficient this razor is. All I can say is that I really do like it a lot. It's not a beginners razor though. Some experience with various razors and wet shaving in general, are recommended.

I did a three-pass shave face lathering with my trusty Omega boar brush. Being fully broken in, it was a pleasure to use. Nice and soft, and without issue.

When finished I applied the matching Ramblin' Man aftershave balm and have been basking in its awesome scent since.

So there you have it. My dream of owning a Blackland Dart has come true and I've logged my first shave with it. I feel stoked to say the least and can't wait to perfect shaving with this unique tool.

Shave on gentlemen!
Congrats on your new Dart!

I ordered an Oud Sigma EDT... have been leaning towards other soaps lately but can always use another woodsy fragrance. Unfortunately I discovered during my shave this morning that my sense of smell is completely gone (day 5 of covid) so fingers crossed that it will be back by the time I get it!
My sense of smell came back completely after about 6 weeks, it was kind of gradual, as in I could smell some stuff fairly early on and the others took a while. Good luck and get better.

Well, my sense of smell started coming back a few days ago and is almost normal, although a few things still smell "off." But this fragrance smells almost exactly as the description, to my nose, anyway. I don't recall ever sniffing the scent it's based on. The vetiver and palo santo kind of lead the charge with oud and spice in the background. Kind of a dark incense type scent. And it seems pretty strong with just a light test spritz.

I've never been much for dedicated preshaves but I figured I'd give theirs a shot.
20221203_134637.jpg

D5B8186E-56B4-4C78-A6C7-DB26D2874749.jpeg

Single Edge Sunday / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Type M2 "Adjustable by Schick" Injector Razor
Blade: sChick Injector

Soap: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red

Today's shave went very well. Again, I followed a with-the-grain pass with an across-the-grain pass on my face and an against-the-grain pass on my neck.

I feel like I'm getting a little better using the straight razor with each go around and am advancing with using it for more angles and passes. It's a journey to say the least. I'm having a good time with it all so this learning experience has been an enjoyable one.

I followed up the straight razor usage with a Schick Type M2 Injector razor using a brand new sChick blade. This thing is a real joy to use. It's smooth, efficient and super easy to use. I had the dial set to 4 which is right in the middle of its adjustable and proceeded to do my final against-the-grain pass.

With the Omega boar and the Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red soap I whipped up some glorious lather. Oh man, let me tell you, the scent on this one is just flat out a 10 / 10! On a personal level, I just love this one and don't ever want to be without it. Mmm. It's just heavenly to me.

I finished things off with some matching aftershave and EdT and am as happy as one can be after a glorious Sunday shave while listening to the Beatles.

Alright my good gentlemen, that's it for today. Take care and enjoy your shaves!

So I got Coniferous. One sniff and LOTH said it smells (and I quote) "like bug spray."

Therefore it is brand new and unused. Anyone have an unused Stirling soap they'd be willing to trade for the Coniferous? DM me if interested.

Thanks!

Top Bottom