What's new

Life is too short for wet shaving

If the 2 * M7DSs are 14 other razors,
then they add to the 28 making 42 razors
instead of combining with them
and there are 36750 combinations of shaving gear.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
If the 2 * M7DSs are 14 other razors,
then they add to the 28 making 42 razors
instead of combining with them
and there are 36750 combinations of shaving gear.
For the purpose of this exercise, as they are effectively identical, I treat each M7DS as a single SR.

For the purpose of this exercise, as they are effectively identical, I treat each M7DS as a single SR.

In that case, you have effectively 30 different razors, for 26250 combinations,
unless you are using one of the 28 razors and also one of the M7Ds in each shave.

Hi,

Pick one razor. Dry shave. There. All manageable now! :p

I sometimes dry shave when I notice I missed a spot. Not with an SR, but with an Old Type. I don't recommend dry shaving an entire face....

Stan

Hi,

Pick one razor. Dry shave. There. All manageable now! :p

I sometimes dry shave when I notice I missed a spot. Not with an SR, but with an Old Type. I don't recommend dry shaving an entire face....

Stan
I remember seeing Predator for the first time and watching Bill Duke's character just repeatedly dry shaving with that early single blade Bic and thought that was just the most bad a## thing I had ever seen in a movie.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Yeah and with that many straight razors probably not that long a life to try out all those combinations!

Richard, I'll take one for the team to help you with your problem. Simply send me a Bengall or three from your collection and you'll be able to try all your combinations before you die.

Or cut back on the 7-pass shaves. That would help too.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Richard, I'll take one for the team to help you with your problem. Simply send me a Bengall or three from your collection and you'll be able to try all your combinations before you die.

Or cut back on the 7-pass shaves. That would help too.
I would love to take you up on your most generous offer to help. Unfortunately I have 10 Bengalls, ranging from pre to post 1924 and ⅝ to ¾ in size. That would entail sending you at least 4 or 5 Bengalls and I understand that this would be beyond your three limit.

I do have three SRs that I am considering either PIFing or selling; Titan ACRO T.H.64, Bengall shorty French point and a Puma 1⅝.

I would love to take you up on your most generous offer to help. Unfortunately I have 10 Bengalls, ranging from pre to post 1924 and ⅝ to ¾ in size. That would entail sending you at least 4 or 5 Bengalls and I understand that this would be beyond your three limit.

I do have three SRs that I am considering either PIFing or selling; Titan ACRO T.H.64, Bengall shorty French point and a Puma 1⅝.
Foiled by my own restrictions! Better luck to me next time I guess.

What is a Puma 1 5/8??? It can’t be 13/8 wide can it?!?!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Foiled by my own restrictions! Better luck to me next time I guess.

What is a Puma 1 5/8??? It can’t be 13/8 wide can it?!?!
It is a Puma model No. 1 that is a ⅝ blade. The stamping on the face shank includes "1⅝".

IMG_20220430_104001.jpg

It doesn't look very pretty but is an excellent shaver. Should be good for a beginner looking for a shave-ready vintage. Will probably flog it off for USD 40 in BTS within a month or so.

It is a Puma model No. 1 that is a ⅝ blade. The stamping on the face shank includes "1⅝".

It doesn't look very pretty but is an excellent shaver. Should be good for a beginner looking for a shave-ready vintage. Will probably flog it off for USD 40 in BTS within a month or so.
Puma #1 5/8 wide makes a lot more sense.

That will make a nice shaver for someone, the edge is all that really matters. The rest is just eye candy… whiskers don’t care what the rest of the blade looks like.

Top Bottom