What's new

Imperial leather talc

Hello all,
Are there any talc users here? I like to after a shave, soaks up excess oils , and leaves smooth skin. I am debating on getting some Imperial leather talc, not sure about the scent. Lots of mixed reviews, some love the smell and others say its too loud. Anyways i was lucky enough to have a old stock of clubman talc, and i like the smell. The new stuff is made from cornstarch, and imo it aint not good when comparing to the real talc. Anyways could anyone give me an idea about the scent and scent strength?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I occasionally use various talcs after shaving including vintage Cussons Imperial Leather, Shulton Old Spice / Blue Stratos, Fabergé Brut, Goya Cedarwood, Hai Karate, Yardley Black Label / Lavender, and others. I enjoy them but find the scents have faded to the point of them being almost scentless, even for vintage talcs which were sealed when I acquired them. If it is scent that interests you then I suggest you avoid vintage talc products.

I occasionally use various talcs after shaving including vintage Cussons Imperial Leather, Shulton Old Spice / Blue Stratos, Fabergé Brut, Goya Cedarwood, Hai Karate, Yardley Black Label / Lavender, and others. I enjoy them but find the scents have faded to the point of them being almost scentless, even for vintage talcs which were sealed when I acquired them. If it is scent that interests you then I suggest you avoid vintage talc products.
Yeah i thought about Yardly Myself. Either gold of black. I didn't know it, but Yardly was purchased by folks from India

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve used the Borotalco (Italian) talc, and it’s good. The scent is fairly strong and is compatible with the ‘blue’ (powdery) scents.

Nothing wrong with Gold Bond except that the scent is rather medicinal, camphor I believe, which is not a bad thing.

I don’t use talc after shaving, more often in my shorts when riding my John Deere mower over the farm in the summer.

Hello all,
Are there any talc users here? I like to after a shave, soaks up excess oils , and leaves smooth skin. I am debating on getting some Imperial leather talc, not sure about the scent. Lots of mixed reviews, some love the smell and others say its too loud. Anyways i was lucky enough to have a old stock of clubman talc, and i like the smell. The new stuff is made from cornstarch, and imo it aint not good when comparing to the real talc. Anyways could anyone give me an idea about the scent and scent strength?

what's problem with corn starch? totally natural product.

Hello all,
also, there's lots of associations of talc with asbestos and cancer.
might be why most brands are switching to corn starch.
btw, are you located in birmingham?

Only talc from certain mining areas had asbestos, but everybody likes to jump on the bandwagon and do a "ban it" chant.

I find the cornstarch, does not work as good as talc does, so I am sorry to loose Pinaud as a product.

I apply mine after my aftershaves splash. I actually sprinkle a little bit inside a shaving brush and lightly tap the bottom of the brush handle so the powder will settle to the bottom of the knot and i just lightly dust it on. I didn't come up with it a friend from another forum showed me how he does it.

So is the scent strength overly strong? Does it clash with other aftershaves? I use these in my rotations: Aqua velva, skin bracer, Fines l'orange. The only talc i have is clubman pinad, i like the talc, but not the aftershave. Anyways the clubman talc doesn't clash, it blends perfectly. Some say it kinda reminds them of old spice, so if thats the case it should not clash with my aftershave i posted above.

Best,
Mike

Top Bottom