What's new

Pitralon classic scented soap

Hi all,
One of my favourite AS is Pitralon classic. It says that it has some cedar oil in it but the scent I get is that of pine tree or another fresh outdoor scent rather than a mellow woodsy scent. Could be the menthol in it.
Currently I am looking for a shaving soap with a similar scent. I have Loccitan cade and I think it is a good match but I am looking for a better performing soap. I know Stirling might have some soaps to match this AS but I have tried one of their offerings (tea tree one) and I was not impressed. Based on my experience with this Stirling soap I think their scents are natural and varied but performance is lacking so I am not buying another tub.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

One of my favorite AS as well. I like to combine it with unscented soaps (Stirling Sheep, MdC Nature), and lately use it in combination with MdC Fougere. Also goes great with the Vetyver scent of MdC!

It is cedar forward so I combine it with a cedar soap by Wiener Seife Rasierseife Zedernholz N°37, Nachfüllung, handgemacht | Wiener Seife | Wohlkultur - https://wienerseife.at/shop/nachfuellung-rasierseife-zedernholz/

7F8F88E7-F01B-475E-83BB-5EEB01D96424.jpeg

One of my favorite AS as well. I like to combine it with unscented soaps (Stirling Sheep, MdC Nature), and lately use it in combination with MdC Fougere. Also goes great with the Vetyver scent of MdC!
Thank you! I have tried a sample of MDC fougere and was impressed by it. I might buy it or the vetyver one for Christmas:)

Barrister & Mann has a nice selection of scents, & their quality is vey good. Perhaps check into B & M.
Thank you! I have tried a sample of BM 42 I believe it was called and scent was really good. Performance wise it was also quite good but during the shave there was some drag as if it had alum in it or something which I thought was weird. They have a fern scented soap which could match the pitralon af. Cheers!

Mitchell's Wool Fat is an surprisingly good olfactory match with Pitralon Classic.
I have not tried this soap but I have tried a Kent soap puck which some people say it the same soap but did not quite enjoy it. I mean it was easy to lather and post shave was good but it was lacking in the other departments. Cheers!

Top Bottom