What's new

I got my first flat cap. How did I do?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Can we see ya wearing that Flat Cap on your incredibly Handsome Face.?:thumbup: @FarmerTan
IMG_20221019_113357278_HDR.jpg

My warmest hat, a Barbour flat cap purchased so very long ago. Fold down fleece liner. Toasty.

Unfortunately no longer made, not the waxed version they have today. I purchased a second one sitting on the shelf in original packaging for when this one wears out. Been 10 years at least and no sign of it yet.

My favorite winter hat...
CEB258AD-03C6-451A-A088-0DCD9CBC0AD3.jpeg

25FB1C0D-8A2A-493D-84B8-8CC2E4C15ADB.jpeg

Ran into this dapper chap at an amusement park this summer and he said that he was gifted a grey wool Scally Cap and this black cotton one from his son who obtained them online from the Boston Scally Company. While the cap looked stylish, I suggested he might want to reapply some SPF 50, but well, you know, some people just don't listen.
Boston Scally .jpg

Boston Scally 2.jpg

I've been wanting a flat cap for a few years, but never bit the bullet. Then @Crixus posted the two hats on the BST and rekindled the fire (I wanted a little more color, so I wasn't interested in his particular items. I'm still going to blame him for making me spend money though.) After a little looking I found one that struck my fancy rather strongly and ordered it about two hours after I saw crixus' post.

View attachment 1540894View attachment 1540896View attachment 1540897
Crixus here. It's a good thing I helped put that idea in your head. Now you have a nice quality cap that looks great. Of course now you'll need one in a different color family.......:c1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You done good. I have two- a Kangol 504 (red) for warm weather, Brixton Hooligan when it cools off. Plan on getting a Boston Scally soon.

View attachment 1564960View attachment 1564961
You are ALMOST as incredibly handsome as myself my good man!

I have just recently taken a fancy to flat caps. I never thought I'd be able to pull off the look, but even my lovely bride says she likes the look. I might go so far as to say I feel "Dapper" in one!

I like the red one a LOT! I've got one nearly identical to the brown herringbone one that gets used more than my grey one.

Well done! You definitely can pull it off my friend.

Reactions: ctr

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You are ALMOST as incredibly handsome as myself my good man!

I have just recently taken a fancy to flat caps. I never thought I'd be able to pull off the look, but even my lovely bride says she likes the look. I might go so far as to say I feel "Dapper" in one!

I like the red one a LOT! I've got one nearly identical to the brown herringbone one that gets used more than my grey one.

Well done! You definitely can pull it off my friend.
Well, I look better now since losing 90 pounds and shaving more often. I guess we’re just two wild and crazy guys.

B1563DFA-CDA8-4327-B1E5-3D9E2B8041E6.jpeg

Top Bottom