What's new

FS Coticule, JNATs, Synths, Nagura, BBW etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of stones for sale. If prices below seem high, offers will be considered. All of the comments are based on my knowledge so take with a grain of salt. I don't know everything about hones but I will do my best to answer all questions.

BONUS freebees: Available to those who purchase a stone; first come first serve. You buy two stones, you can pick two freebees and so-on. See below!

1) coticule, unknown vein, purchased from Superior shave. Slurry stone included. Will finish a razor. 100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd
IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0366.jpg

2) Japanese natural Kiita Koppa. I would call it medium hard/medium fine. Will finish a razor. Using my botan-tenjou-mejiro-koma raises some base stone, especially with my koma. Sealed with polyurethane. Best results using a very hard nagura to raise a slurry to give elastic glass-like feedback. 100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd
IMG-0379.jpg

IMG-0381.jpg

IMG-0382.jpg

3) Japanese natural thin asagi/kiita. I think this is asagi color but some might call it a kiita. Hard and fine. Rather thin, though some say this is because the stone was well loved. Great finisher. Sealed with polyurethane. Using b-t-m-k works great. Best results using a very hard nagura to raise a slurry to give elastic glass-like feedback. 100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd.
IMG-0375.jpg

IMG-0376.jpg

IMG-0377.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0370.jpg
    IMG-0370.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-0369.jpg
    IMG-0369.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
4) Orange suita. Missing big chunk but amazingly does not interfere with my honing. Pretty soft. SUPER easy to use. Cuts fast. Great for cutlery and early-mid range razor work. Sealed with polyurethane.100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd.
IMG-0369.jpg

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0371.jpg

5) Shobudani Mizu Asagi. From Gamma/KVJ. I dropped and chipped it so I cut that off and made a nagura with it. Hard and fine. Goldilocks stone. If you want to see what the hub-bub about JNATs is, try this stone. The feedback with a razor is just amazing elastic glass as you refine the edge. Also it's cutting power is strong after using a diamond plate to raise a slurry. Excellent finisher. Excellent using b-t-m-k; works great. Best results using a softer nagura. Sealed. 100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd.

IMG-0372.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

IMG-0374.jpg

6) Lot of synths. 1k Naniwa Chosera. Has a crack, tried to show it in pic. Dropped it and it cracked! Does not affect performance as far as I can tell. 3K and 8k Naniwa Superstones. 8k is the thin version. 100$ shipped CONUS and paypal'd.

IMG-0389.jpg

IMG-0390.jpg

IMG-0393.jpg

IMG-0394.jpg

IMG-0395.jpg

IMG-0396.jpg

Some lovely looking kit :).

(Though it's quite easy to guess with the piece of paper behind, you may want to put exact measurements for the naturals. Otherwise lots of people will all probably ask the same thing!)

BONUS freebees: Available to those who purchase a stone. you buy two stones, you can pick two freebees and so-on.

a) Soft asagi. Mid-range stone. medium fine.

IMG-0383.jpg

b) Naniwa traditional 1000 grit. Soaker. Nice bevel setter. Plus, King 1k/300 combi stone. I like the 1k for knive work. A classic.

IMG-0391.jpg

IMG-0364 (1).jpg

IMG-0363.jpg

c) two tubs of NOS never used Strop Shoppe soap. A top tier soap when it was in production. The scents escape me at the moment but just ask if you care.

d) Nagura lot. Big one is lot E.

IMG-0378.jpg

e) Soft JNAT asagi koppa. Mid-range. The big one in the nagura pic above.

f) combination La pyrénées/BBW. Had good luck using the LP with a diamond plate slurry to set a bevel. Not as fast as a synth. BBW is pretty soft, self slurry. Great combo for knives

IMG-0397.jpg

IMG-0398.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom