What's new

November 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Day 24, 80% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Nacet #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Had plenty of time to concentrate, and get a comfortable BBS.

Date
365 days of shaving331/328
(100%)
GRUME25/30 (100%)
NOCvember
25/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3 and law line touch up
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Fatip Mixed Metal Gentile
Eddison (8)
Bolzano (5)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Very minor weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
9.5/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Excellent shave today by Doubling up two of my most favored razors - my Fatip and my Timeless. The Fatip took care of the first pass and paved the way for an excellent follow up by the Timeless for the second and third passes. Not full-blown BBS everywhere, but a very fine shave result indeed. Smooth as a cucumber. Based on my stubble this morning I do experience some fading of both blades in performance, but it could also have been the order in which I have used my doubles this week.

Enjoy your day everyone!

I am considering a break from the Iritadiums till 2073 👻
Love the Nacets, though. When I first used them, I didn't like them, but some months later my technique was better and now they are my number one in many razors.

BTW: I just added a blade to my chamber of hatred and horror. I had high hopes for the Gillette Rubie, but it was not to be. Horrible shave in the usually very easy going souplex. Second try I gave the Rubie, second redded shave.
There was a time I thought my skin, especially on my scalp, could take about anything, but I was wrong. It may handle most aggressive razors, but the choice of blades is much more crucial than I imagined.
The strange thing is that even blades that are described as almost similar by others can turn out different like day and night for me. Having said that: I am still examining these matters. Soaps and razors are parameters to consider too. But so far I now think blades are the dominant factor as far as shave results are concerned.
The ultimate YMMV?
Give me a Nacet every day over those Polsilver Super Iridium or the Iridium -Super. Why do you think I still have ~500 of the former and 120 of the latter. And yes, the Rubies are somewhat rough. What can I say, I have been examining the matters of blades for some 20 years probably. There is no dominant factor, in my opinion, as your razor and cream are equally important.

Still out
Fantastic BBS
Green Cult 1.0, dark blue Platinum (2), Simpsons Sandalwood, Shavemac 2Band Beehive, Proraso Red splash

5EC17D18-95B2-4AC9-9021-5DAB96358389.jpeg

54749E31-4020-4B67-AB69-06FD52B2F30F.jpeg

Give me a Nacet every day over those Polsilver Super Iridium or the Iridium -Super. Why do you think I still have ~500 of the former and 120 of the latter. And yes, the Rubies are somewhat rough. What can I say, I have been examining the matters of blades for some 20 years probably. There is no dominant factor, in my opinion, as your razor and cream are equally important.
I appreciate your comment. The failure with these blades doesn't sit comfortable with me, makes me doubt my progress, which is not a bad thing as such. But I still don't enjoy a situation like that.

GRUME (24/25)...I'm Out
GRUBFering, day 1
NOCvember

PXL_20221125_170409324.MP.jpg

King C Gillette
Gillette Platinum (24)
Semogue 830 boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat in OS mug

GRUME25/30 (100%)
I'm proud of you Guido!

Hey Guys
Today's shave was kinda old school. I soaked the Semogue brush for about 10 minutes and I was thinking it was as soft as a fine badger. I got the soap a little thin and it wasn't as slick as most of my lathers. It was still a DFS and no irritation.
Today was a little slip in GRUME but as Brandon, @FoolishMortal would say Onward!

CFDE81EF-79C2-4CE6-AB07-F1105B7E2DAD.jpeg

After 3days without a shave, it was the Balm that put me OUT well in advance of Black Friday.

I went looking for a hair crème and walked out with an astringent spray as well as the balm.

Follow-on post tomorrow - all things considered I thought I restrained well

Back home in time to watch England vs USA

View attachment 1562228

After 3days without a shave, it was the Balm that put me OUT well in advance of Black Friday.

I went looking for a hair crème and walked out with an astringent spray as well as the balm.

Follow-on post tomorrow - all things considered I thought I restrained well

Back home in time to watch England vs USA
How do you like the Metal? I find it marvelous!

Top Bottom