What's new

Your fragrance lineup for the upcoming holiday season

With the colder weather (at least here in Canada) and the holiday season upon us, I've started to assemble a little lineup of the fragrances that I'll be wearing in the upcoming weeks/months. I tried to pick them for how comfy and happy they are, complementing the Christmassy vibes, the cooking, the music, the long walks out, the fire in the chimney and all of that good stuff.

And I'll be curious to hear about your holiday rotation, if you also happen to have one.

So far mine will look like:

- Burberry London - Green, spicy, leathery but a very light and fresh leather, all sitting on a slightly sweet pipe tobacco base. Christmas in a bottle.

- Jacques Bogart Pour Homme - Another superb pipe tobacco fragrance, but surrounded by a delicious spicy sweetness. Some find it too synthetic, I find it glorious. Especially for the price.

- Zoologist Musk Deer - A snowy coniferous forest, cold wind blowing through the branches, and the musky, earthy presence of the herd. It opens a little animalic but quickly veers into a very fresh, very wearable ambrette based musky accord.

- Le Male Le Parfum - Always had a hard time with the OG Le Male and Ultra Male. Not my vibe. But the cardamom and the spices in Le Parfum are so intoxicating. Plus, I can totally pull this one off without a second thought.

- Dolce & Gabbana The One EdP - Boozy, spicy, grapefruit opening. It doesn't get any better than this for date night fragrances. It has become my go-to when I cook that special meal for a romantic dinner.

- Encre Noire a L'Extreme - The OG Encre Noire is awesome all year long, but A L'Extreme adds this sweeter, festive touch that makes it perfect for the colder weather but also the warmth of the holidays.

- Houbigant Bois Mystique - I haven't found many occasions to wear this throughout the rest of the year, it's a woodier, less musky cousin to Musk Deer. But yeah, it absolutely fits with hanging around the Christmas tree sipping eggnog.

- Dunhill Icon Absolute - Saffron, rose, oud, leather, tobacco. That thing is incredibly dense, but it never gets disgusting. Another winner.

- Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb EdT - The OG is still my favourite of the line. Love the blast of sweetness and spices in the opening and the gingerbread vibe all throughout the drydown.

OK, I could probably go on but these 9 look like a solid selection.

So yeah, do you guys plan on breaking out some bottles that don't get as much love the rest of the year?

i have a bunch of heavier fragrances that I am looking forward to wearing this fall/winter…

Burberry London
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Ralph Lauren Polo Supreme Leather
Lalique Encre Noire
Histoires De Parfums 1740
Rasasi La Yuqawam
Hermes Terre D’Hermes Parfum
Mugler A*Men Pure Havane
Bentley Intense
Tom Ford Noir Extreme
Tom Ford Ombre Leather
Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Parfum Intense
MFK BR540 EDP
JPG LE Male LE Parfum
Armani Code Profumo
Armani Stronger with You Intensely
Dior Homme Intense
Azzaro Wanted by Night EDP
Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee EDP
Givenchy Gentleman Boisée EDP

lasta

Blade Biter
For the winter months I usually stick to the warmer, heavier, low-hum scents devoid of any sharpness:

Annick Goutal Sables
Boucheron Jaipur
Aramis JHL
Chanel Antaeus
Occasionally Caron Pour Un Homme

But Christmas day is usually reserved for Guerlain Habit Rouge. Sharp hard candy like scent, but something about red jacket just fit right in with Xmas.

For the winter months I usually stick to the warmer, heavier, low-hum scents devoid of any sharpness:

Annick Goutal Sables
Boucheron Jaipur
Aramis JHL
Chanel Antaeus
Occasionally Caron Pour Un Homme

But Christmas day is usually reserved for Guerlain Habit Rouge. Sharp hard candy like scent, but something about red jacket just fit right in with Xmas.
I forgot Jaïpur but it’s definitely going to see some action

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Dunhill for Men
Dunhill Custom
Burberry London
(Vintage) kanon
Penhaligon's Sartorial
Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet (probably only in the house)
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
Yardley Gentleman Elite
Floris No. 89
Floris Elite
James Bronnley Original
Guerlain Heritage
4711 Colonia Intense Wakening Woods of Scandinavia
Pre de Provence No. 63 EdT
St John's Bay Rum

Owen Bawn

Has anyone an opinion on Santa Maria Novellas Patchouli?
Never worn it but I've smelled it in the bottle. Smelled like straight-up patchouli oil, as I recall. Like the little vials we used to get for $5 in the 'head shop' back in the 70s. I have read on Fragrantica that it has been adulterated or watered down recently, so keep that in mind.

Never worn it but I've smelled it in the bottle. Smelled like straight-up patchouli oil, as I recall. Like the little vials we used to get for $5 in the 'head shop' back in the 70s. I have read on Fragrantica that it has been adulterated or watered down recently, so keep that in mind.
Thank you Owen, the save bet would then be the Tobacco Toscana I guess…

Anyway, I ordered some Dunhill Icon Absolute EdP so I’m set for the season.

Owen Bawn

Thank you Owen, the save bet would then be the Tobacco Toscana I guess…

Anyway, I ordered some Dunhill Icon Absolute EdP so I’m set for the season.
It might just be me but I'm too old for a strong patchouli frag. I associate it so strongly with being 16 years old. I have a splash (made by I forget whom) called Glastonbury. Earthy strong patchouli. I put it on and suddenly it's 1971 and I'm transported to a muddy field in England where Fairport Convention have just finished their set and the crew are setting up the stage for Jethro Tull.

Top Bottom