What's new

Davidoff Cool Water - Its Awesome - Have You tried it?

I have a genuine love for Cool Water. I wore it a lot in high school, so smelling it takes me back.

I own a large bottle but only wear it once in a great while and only on hot days. In my opinion aquatics are best suited for warm weather.

I instantly recognize it but am more nostalgic for it than desiring of it.

The best way I can describe my feelings for the fragrance now is that I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

What I really miss and am upset is not available anymore is Gucci Envy. It smells amazing. I have a very small bit of juice left. I just can't understand why is production ended 😔

Wore that stuff in Highschool - cant stand it now. Had my fill and just smells like generic department store to my nose.

Glad you found a fragrance you enjoy though! :thumbsup:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I have a genuine love for Cool Water. I wore it a lot in high school, so smelling it takes me back.

I own a large bottle but only wear it once in a great while and only on hot days. In my opinion aquatics are best suited for warm weather.

I instantly recognize it but am more nostalgic for it than desiring of it.

The best way I can describe my feelings for the fragrance now is that I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

What I really miss and am upset is not available anymore is Gucci Envy. It smells amazing. I have a very small bit of juice left. I just can't understand why is production ended 😔

I am sure getting to my thread quite late arn't I? LOL! I love to hear about folks, who have a genuine love, for Cool Water! Its a lovely clean scent, the perfect mix of ingredients, that is very mood uplifting, and lets you feel like you just got a huge weight off your shoulders, and can walk more freely. And your right, its probably best suited for warm weather, but there is no law that one can't use it during winter.

I also own the large bottle, the 6.7 OZ I believe it is. Considering that its a weaker scent then some other's, I tend to use more of it at a time, so it just was a good logical choice, ordering the big bottle. If this scent can bring back positive memories, in your nostalgic trip down memory lane, I consider that a great approach, to the beginning of your work day.

I don't understand why companies always discontinue scents either. Maybe they run their entire business model off of, how much of that did we sell? Did we sell enough to make a profit, or did we just sell enough to break even? Or worse still, is it just not selling at all anymore, cause people want to use the new scent releases? Companies go where the money is, so ya.

I got a new frag that I just ordered, its literally been this many months since I bought a cologne!

Hi all, I just wanted to add to this forum. Back in say 2003 (maybe 2004) was my first introduction to Cool Water, One of my friends wore it and the scent was so strong and amazing both men and women would turn there heads and give me compliments. Fast forward to 2016, 2017 i decided to buy it again and my experience with the fragrance was quite the opposite, the scent was much much weaker and not as pleasant (going back to 2003 someone could be at the front of a bus and you could easily smell it from the back.) It seems like its not as overpowering as it used to be, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me? also to note i brought it from a legit source so i know its not a counter fit.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hi all, I just wanted to add to this forum. Back in say 2003 (maybe 2004) was my first introduction to Cool Water, One of my friends wore it and the scent was so strong and amazing both men and women would turn there heads and give me compliments. Fast forward to 2016, 2017 i decided to buy it again and my experience with the fragrance was quite the opposite, the scent was much much weaker and not as pleasant (going back to 2003 someone could be at the front of a bus and you could easily smell it from the back.) It seems like its not as overpowering as it used to be, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me? also to note i brought it from a legit source so i know its not a counter fit.

Hello @Kuraak12 welcome to Davidoff Cool Water, what it is, what it was, and what it shall never be again. 😜

Since my purchase of this cologne this year, I still have about 1/2 bottle of it left. And since then, I've gotten Cremo's Spice Black Tobacco Vanilla EDT, and Stirling's Executive Man EDT. IMO, Davidoff Cool Water does indeed have poor projection. It is not a strong scent at all, it will not reach the other end of a room. Furthermore, its only going to last about maybe 6-hours, and then its time to re-apply.

My Cremo Spice Black is more powerful, stronger projection, you don't wanna spray too much of it, otherwise you could gas people out lol. I would say that my Stirling Executive Man is in between, stronger then Davidoff Cool Water, slightly less strong then the Cremo. Of course, all three of these are completely different scents, so I am only comparing them all by their scent strengths.

From what I understand, many brands change their scents over the years, so they typically don't smell exactly like they did, when they were originally introduced. At least, thats what most people claim anyways. Frankly, I've never owned any cologne from the 80's, so I personally couldn't attest to that! But ya, if your looking for a strong EDT, you'd be looking elsewhere, cause Davidoff Cool Water is not a strong EDT.

And if your looking for something that is strong and very long lasting, you'd probably be wanting to look for a Parfume grade cologne anyways. Of course those generally cost 50 bucks or more, but your basically paying for that strength power, and sometimes for added ingredients that a Parfume would have, that an EDT would not.

Hello @Kuraak12 welcome to Davidoff Cool Water, what it is, what it was, and what it shall never be again. 😜

Since my purchase of this cologne this year, I still have about 1/2 bottle of it left. And since then, I've gotten Cremo's Spice Black Tobacco Vanilla EDT, and Stirling's Executive Man EDT. IMO, Davidoff Cool Water does indeed have poor projection. It is not a strong scent at all, it will not reach the other end of a room. Furthermore, its only going to last about maybe 6-hours, and then its time to re-apply.

My Cremo Spice Black is more powerful, stronger projection, you don't wanna spray too much of it, otherwise you could gas people out lol. I would say that my Stirling Executive Man is in between, stronger then Davidoff Cool Water, slightly less strong then the Cremo. Of course, all three of these are completely different scents, so I am only comparing them all by their scent strengths.

From what I understand, many brands change their scents over the years, so they typically don't smell exactly like they did, when they were originally introduced. At least, thats what most people claim anyways. Frankly, I've never owned any cologne from the 80's, so I personally couldn't attest to that! But ya, if your looking for a strong EDT, you'd be looking elsewhere, cause Davidoff Cool Water is not a strong EDT.

And if your looking for something that is strong and very long lasting, you'd probably be wanting to look for a Parfume grade cologne anyways. Of course those generally cost 50 bucks or more, but your basically paying for that strength power, and sometimes for added ingredients that a Parfume would have, that an EDT would not.
Okay so presumably the scent i smelt back in 2003 could have been a parfume variant? When i say the smell was overpowering i didnt mean it in a bad way, im very familiar with overpowered colognes and how nauseous it can make people (especially when it gets in your throat) But that was the beauty of Cool Water to me, the scent i remember was very strong but not unpleasant, even my Mother who has a sensitive nose liked the scent and brought the woman's version, im guessing its the EDT that im having a bad experience with. I just wish i could go back to that time period and buy out there entire stock lol

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Im also wondering if there is another EDT that has a similar scent to Cool Water?

Hello again!

High end cologne alternative:

Green Irish Tweed By Creed For Men
1668579849474.png

Cheap end cologne alternative:

Aspen by Coty for Men 4 Ounce Cologne
1668579941255.png

Have you tried Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel? That's one potent EDT! I'm a fan, but I apply it sparingly because of how strong it is. Best of all, I bought an 8oz bottle for $10 at Burlington. 😁

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Have you tried Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel? That's one potent EDT! I'm a fan, but I apply it sparingly because of how strong it is. Best of all, I bought an 8oz bottle for $10 at Burlington. 😁

Hello there my fine B&B hairless wonder friend, your using magic on them whiskers, I swear it! HAHA! 😁

Nope, I haven't even heard of Geoffrey's Beene's Grey Flannel, what an hilarious name for a EDT product! 🤣 Does it smell like Davidoff Cool Water, or perhaps a different EDT? 10-dollars is surprisingly cheap for an EDT, I assume its probably a small 1-OZ amount. Thanks for the recommendation, because with winter here, we all should be wearing some Beanies & Flannel's. :thumbup1:

Hello there my fine B&B hairless wonder friend, your using magic on them whiskers, I swear it! HAHA! 😁

Nope, I haven't even heard of Geoffrey's Beene's Grey Flannel, what an hilarious name for a EDT product! 🤣 Does it smell like Davidoff Cool Water, or perhaps a different EDT? 10-dollars is surprisingly cheap for an EDT, I assume its probably a small 1-OZ amount. Thanks for the recommendation, because with winter here, we all should be wearing some Beanies & Flannel's. :thumbup1:
Grey Flannel's an old powerhouse scent created decades ago. Like Tabac, it's a bit polarizing. Come to think of it, it also has a bit of a resemblance to the inside of a grandma's handbag! 😆

Top Bottom