never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 310 of 310 = 100%
NOCvember 2022
Single Edge Sunday
20221106_121103~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie X1 Slant (TiBam Antique Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (9)
20221106_121144~2.jpg

Brush: @AP Shave Co Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: None - Face Lathered

Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
20221106_121228~2.jpg

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute EdT Spray

Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (applied at bedtime)
20221106_121302~2.jpg

For Single Edge Sunday, I chose the Above The Tie X1 Slant. The ATT X1 Slant is one of four AC blade razors that sit at the top of my AC blade Big Dogs Category. It really is that good! :001_wub:

Please refer to previous Journal entries for my thoughts and opinions on the other components used in today's shave. :001_wub:

Superb shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 311 of 311 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
MdC Monday
Mühle Monday
NOCvember 2022
20221107_161145~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (10 and retired)
20221107_161218~2.jpg

Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Lather: Martin de Candre Vetyver
20221107_161313~2.jpg

Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Fragrance: Malizia Uomo Vetyver

20221106_121302~2.jpg

Couldn't resist the siren call of the Ti Vector. A superb razor in all respects! :001_wub:

Please refer to previous Journal entries for my thoughts and opinions on the other components used in today's shave. :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 312 of 312 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
NOCvember 2022
Tech Tuesday
20221108_141442~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai (2)
20221108_141528~2.jpg

Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD

Lather: Martin de Candre Vetyver
20221108_141642~2.jpg

Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Fragrance: Malizia Uomo Vetyver

20221106_121302~2.jpg

Always thoroughly enjoy my shaves with the Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech. It's one of my top five Techs and is in the Big Dogs Category. I could shave with it every day! :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 313 of 313 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
NOCvember 2022
Wolfman Wednesday
20221109_134215~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Trident Razors Ti G2 Albion Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and retired)
20221109_134248~2.jpg

Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)

Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
20221109_134343~2.jpg

Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco

20221106_121302~2.jpg

The Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB never fails to please. Wonderful shave. Been giving some thought to getting a Ti WR2. Could be quite interesting! :001_wub:

WSP makes some outstanding soaps. Both the Formula T and the Rustic lines are very good performers. :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I may revisit Ti some day. The Blackland Ti is certainly well regarded, but it seems many are exploring the WR2 in Ti also.
I'd like to have a Wolfman Ti WR2 1.15 SB 1.25 SB or 1.35 SB (haven't made up my mind yet ;)) on hand for long term comparison with the Ti Blackbird.

Probably just stick with the 1.25 SB since that's what I have in Stainless.

@Hannah's Dad - What are your thoughts regarding the Ti vs. Stainless WR2?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I'd like to have a Wolfman Ti WR2 1.15 SB 1.25 SB or 1.35 SB (haven't made up my mind yet ;)) on hand for long term comparison with the Ti Blackbird.

Probably just stick with the 1.25 SB since that's what I have in Stainless.

@Hannah's Dad - What are your thoughts regarding the Ti vs. Stainless WR2?
I’ve not yet tried a Titanium WR2, though I came close to trading for one. I suspect I’d feel the same about it as I do with the TiBird; namely, that Titanium makes the WR2 ‘softer’ and possibly even smoother than the SS. But I’m enjoying my bronze WR2 at the moment and am not looking to add a Ti WR2.

Doug is positively smitten with his new Ti WR2 1.35 - he even sold his TiBird.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I’ve not yet tried a Titanium WR2, though I came close to trading for one. I suspect I’d feel the same about it as I do with the TiBird; namely, that Titanium makes the WR2 ‘softer’ and possibly even smoother than the SS. But I’m enjoying my bronze WR2 at the moment and am not looking to add a Ti WR2.

Doug is positively smitten with his new Ti WR2 1.35 - he even sold his TiBird.
Thank you Dan! Appreciate the feedback. :)

Your Bronze WR2 must be sweet. :cool:

Paging @Rosseforp :)

Doug - Any comparative feedback regarding the Ti WR2 and the Stainless WR2 that you are willing to share? :)

Also, what attributes did the WR2 have that elevated it, in your estimation, over the Ti Blackbird?

This is the Doug you were looking for @never-stop-learning ,

I found the Ti bird, as many have, to be smoother and more efficient than the WR2 SS 1.25.

Then @PRobots kept using his Ti WR2 1.35 everyday at not using his Ti bird.

My name was coming up on the Wolfman list and I mentioned that I was thinking about trying a Ti WR2, so @Latherati said he would send me a Ti WR2 1.35 to try and if I liked it he would sell it to me at a great price, he even had a new Timeless Crown 👑 Handle & WRH2 he would send and I could pick one or both, and to top it all off the cap was scalloped.

How could I resist, we are a group of enablers.

So I got it loved it and bought it.

So to answer your question I and @PRobots have found the Ti WR2 1.35 to be slightly smoother and a little more efficient than the Ti bird 🦅. But I will add if I was ever to keep two razors it would be the Ti WR2 1.35 & the Ti bird they are both the best I have ever used.

Kudos to Wolfman & Blackland for producing 2 incredible razors.

One other plus for the Ti bird is that I found it to be a little more carefree to use, I may buy one again at some point.

Doug aka SgtCrppls

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
This is the Doug you were looking for @never-stop-learning ,

I found the Ti bird, as many have, to be smoother and more efficient than the WR2 SS 1.25.

Then @PRobots kept using his Ti WR2 1.35 everyday at not using his Ti bird.

My name was coming up on the Wolfman list and I mentioned that I was thinking about trying a Ti WR2, so @Latherati said he would send me a Ti WR2 1.35 to try and if I liked it he would sell it to me at a great price, he even had a new Timeless Crown 👑 Handle & WRH2 he would send and I could pick one or both, and to top it all off the cap was scalloped.

How could I resist, we are a group of enablers.

So I got it loved it and bought it.

So to answer your question I and @PRobots have found the Ti WR2 1.35 to be slightly smoother and a little more efficient than the Ti bird 🦅. But I will add if I was ever to keep two razors it would be the Ti WR2 1.35 & the Ti bird they are both the best I have ever used.

Kudos to Wolfman & Blackland for producing 2 incredible razors.

One other plus for the Ti bird is that I found it to be a little more carefree to use, I may buy one again at some point.

Doug aka SgtCrppls
As I get older, I become more easily confused. ;)

Thank you, Doug, for your comments on the Ti WR2 and the Ti Blackbird. Very clear and concise. :)

Question for @SgtCrppls and @Rosseforp: Which one is Darryl and which one is the Other Brother Darryl? ;) :)

As I get older, I become more easily confused. ;)

Thank you, Doug, for your comments on the Ti WR2 and the Ti Blackbird. Very clear and concise. :)

Question for @SgtCrppls and @Rosseforp: Which one is Darryl and which one is the Other Brother Darryl? ;) :)
Which ever one of us is older is Darryl, the other is the other Brother Darryl

I guess I am the other brother Darryl I was born Nov 21st 1956, Darryl is already 67, so he wins. 😂😂

Top Bottom