• $400-$500

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • $500 plus

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I doubt that there is a B&B LE pipe that is not fabulous. I don't have them all, but all of those that I do have are great smokers, even the ones whose style I'm not enamored of.

Pretty much any shape that is traditionally more long and delicate has to stay close to its original catalog version to appeal to me. Zulu's fit that bill, as do princes and the like. I don't think they lend themselves well to embellishment or artistic license. IME that means it's a rare carver that can make them. Fairchild was great at that kind of shaping. Freidman is too. Generally I think there is too much worship of the old Danish hand made esthetic to do these shapes justice. A lot of expressing oneself as an artist, instead of making the best (shape) you can as a craftsman. I respect both, it's just that artistic interpretation doesn't suit every shape in my eyes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Whisky has in store for us. I bet we'll love it.

Yes. This. Very much so.
Kicking myself for not getting in on the ‘22 LE when I had the chance. It was the beginning good my pipe journey and I thought it was too pricey.

Now knowing what I know, I hope to grab one of the ‘23 LEs. I still don’t know enough about pipes to seek out my own premium pipe, but I trust the opinions of fellow BL members to put together a quality pipe.

Kicking myself for not getting in on the ‘22 LE when I had the chance. It was the beginning good my pipe journey and I thought it was too pricey.

Now knowing what I know, I hope to grab one of the ‘23 LEs. I still don’t know enough about pipes to seek out my own premium pipe, but I trust the opinions of fellow BL members to put together a quality pipe.
I went through the exact same thing 2 years ago. I had just started smoking a pipe and thought the price was exorbitant, that perhaps the good people here were empty nesters who owned their home and had wives who were....a lot more understanding than mine.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I went through the exact same thing 2 years ago. I had just started smoking a pipe and thought the price was exorbitant, that perhaps the good people here were empty nesters who owned their home and had wives who were....a lot more understanding than mine.
Some of us have developed expert distraction and misdirection techniques.
This is not a skill resulting from buying habits, it's a skill resulting from years of marriage.

If anyone has suggestions on a carver let me know.
I've been looking a lot lately at Bruno Nuttens' pipes. I know nothing about him or the quality of his work, but I like the looks of his pipes, and his prices seem pretty reasonable. He did the recent 4th Generation anniversary collection.

Top Bottom