What's new

Buying a straight razor in Japan

I just purchase one on EBay. I asked for more than half off and seller accepted my offer. I plan on buying more if the one receives is good one. I'll keep you posted.
That's quite the discount! I'm curious who the vendor was...

I have managed to get my hands on a couple of nice Japanese razors now with good geometry and little wear, I'm really into them!

That's quite the discount! I'm curious who the vendor was...

I have managed to get my hands on a couple of nice Japanese razors now with good geometry and little wear, I'm really into them!
I bought mine from 2 venders on Ebay. japannippon and syn3. A few I bought had some major wear but were reground and some with very little or no wear at all. The 3 Iwasaki Tamahagane I just purchased are collectable and some best shavers I have ever used in 36 years. I own 4 other various Japanese brands that are excellent as well. All are kamisori blades that have folding scales.

I prefer Yahoo auction to eBay, especially f you can read Japanese.
If you are in Japan, the turnaround is much faster. I am able to pay
at a convenience store and I often get my razors within 24 hours
of payment. The downside is that the razors are not typically shave
-ready. There is more competition these days on Yahoo auction
because foreigners can access through Buyee and the yen is weak,
making the prices low for those paying in dollars. I live in Yokohama.

I bought mine from 2 venders on Ebay. japannippon and syn3. A few I bought had some major wear but were reground and some with very little or no wear at all. The 3 Iwasaki Tamahagane I just purchased are collectable and some best shavers I have ever used in 36 years. I own 4 other various Japanese brands that are excellent as well. All are kamisori blades that have folding scales.
you have 3 of them!!
Wow - that is good going, very nice razors

you have 3 of them!!
Wow - that is good going, very nice razors
The seller gave a very good deal because I purchased all 3 he had. I would be the first to admit japanse razors is not in my field of expertise. The seller even let me shave with them and if I didn't like them. He would allow me to return them for a refund. I keep them. At first I thought they more of collection piece and then a shaving tool. They're both. I'm a little reluctant to say this, but these razors are best I've used to date. At least for my face.

The seller gave a very good deal because I purchased all 3 he had. I would be the first to admit japanse razors is not in my field of expertise. The seller even let me shave with them and if I didn't like them. He would allow me to return them for a refund. I keep them. At first I thought they more of collection piece and then a shaving tool. They're both. I'm a little reluctant to say this, but these razors are best I've used to date. At least for my face.
Pictures please!

Pictures please!

IMG_20221021_214932.jpg

Top Bottom