What's new

The best unknotted handles are?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm considering purchasing an unknotted handle with the intention of putting a 24 mm or 26 mm knot into it.

(Probably this means I'd have the knotting service at Mozingo Brushworks install one of their knots.)

Previously I've never considered looking for a naked handle or purchasing one. Any tips, advice, pointers, or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have only one Mozingo brush, but might as well show a picture of it.

10-21-22.Mozinzo.New.Washed.640.JPG

In the photograph the knot is brand new but it's been washed so it has bloomed.

At present there are a number of beautiful Mozingo brushes available in 28 mm (like mine) but I might like a slightly smaller Mozingo brush.

Not that I need any more brushes, but you probably already knew that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I recommend having a look on Etsy. Be aware that some of the vendors selling complete brushes will sell the components separately when you hit the options drop down.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Rudy Vey can make probably any type of resin type handle you want

Alpha has great stainless and titanium handles.

As mentioned AP shave has great affordable stuff.

Rhody, I'd thought of Rudy. Indeed he makes very fine handles. I have several already, but that doesn't mean another wouldn't be great.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I recommend having a look on Etsy. Be aware that some of the vendors selling complete brushes will sell the components separately when you hit the options drop down.

I was just exploring the Etsy offerings but didn't know about the drop down menu suggestion.

Thanks,

Jim

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Rhody, I'd thought of Rudy. Indeed he makes very fine handles. I have several already, but that doesn't mean another wouldn't be great.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim
Another….
More …
yes been there sone that. Lol
It’s been awhile since I’ve bought handles and several vendors I’ve used are no more so looking forward to other recommendations and hearing what you gravitate towards

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
TGN (The Golden Nib) has some nice handles, especially the faux horn if you are into that. DS Cosmetics in AliExpress has a few handles some of which aren't all that great and others that are. I kind of like their Faux Jade. Shave Forge has a few handles. Maggards has a few handles. There are lots more if you look.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I know CaYuen Workshop on Etsy will sell just the handle. Here is an example from my pile.
Chisel and Hound have some handles that are wood and resin that are classy as heck
Chisel and hound
Wildwest brushworks
Grizzly bay
Sawdust creations

These 4 are fantastic. Depends on your preferred aesthetic.
TGN (The Golden Nib) has some nice handles, especially the faux horn if you are into that. DS Cosmetics in AliExpress has a few handles some of which aren't all that great and others that are. I kind of like their Faux Jade. Shave Forge has a few handles. Maggards has a few handles. There are lots more if you look.
Second Grizzly Bay, this color might not be my first choice yet the design is pretty awesome to hold.
You can check out Elite Razors stone handles, they are beautiful.
i have one of Bob's Bloody Basin Jasper handles... it's a work of art... so beautiful and comfortable to use.

Thanks, gentlemen. You've given me a good many options to consider which is exactly what I hoped for.

I'm not in any hurry here. Actually I'm not quite sure I will want a second Mozingo knot. I'm using Big Mo and enjoying the knot, but am also hoping it will soon become a bit softer. I think it will, but that's not the same as knowing.

You guys are so helpful.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom