Tabactober

"Our 5 Year Anniversary"

PXL_20221028_152330589.jpg

Schick Korona
Feather Platinum (7)
Muhle X-Large STF
Tallow-Tabac

Hey Guys
Today is very special! Kathy and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary...we still consider ourselves as newlyweds.
On our first date and on our wedding day and again today we are going to a special restaurant called Trapps overlooking the Ouachita River. It has been over a year since we have gone to a theater so later this afternoon, we're going to see a movie.
Tonight it is champagne.

As to the shave, the Muhle brush is a big winner. I spent extra time "playing" with the lather on my face because it felt so soft and enjoyable.
Happy Tabacanniversary! :biggrin:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
128DF3DD-667B-4BD0-8243-FF965E372819.jpeg

Tabactober shave number 29 this morning. Still using Tallow Tabac soap, still using a Flat Bottom Tech and an Israeli Eddison Stainless on its 6th shave. A pretty good shave, ATG was again a little tough and a little zing from the Alum Block. WTG is still pretty good so I will definitely get my seven shaves out of this blade.

Date
365 days of shaving303/302
(100%)
GRUMEOut
OCtober25/31 (81%)
Tabactober15/31 (48%)

Passes3
WXTG(2)Gillette Slide
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
9/10 (BBS-)
7.5/10 (weepers on the neck and some irritation)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Razor
Blade
Brush
NEW ImprovedPerma-Sharp (1)Omega Proraso
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallow Tabac
Kox Enamel
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
KCG Face wash
Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Notes to today’s shave:

First run with a nee to me blade which was part of a blade pack by Jack
:thumbup:
. Stainless steel blade and from stroke one super smooth. Very comfortable and indeed sharp - so incurred a couple of weepers/nicks on the ATG on the neck.

The pairing with the NEW Improved is marvellous. This remains a very nimble, smooth and easy to use razor - extremely happy with this one!
:001_wub:

Used Tabac again today and that did not disappoint either. Super slick. Tipdip lathering worked but my boar is my most thirsty brush so I need to load heavier next time.

Excellent start of Saturday!

Two posts (three if you count "Rate your shave") for the price of one this morning.

Yaqi Excalibur + Feather Professional blade
Shavemac 89 "Gold rush" handle 26x58mm pure badger brush
Tabac (glass bowl)
Denim "Gold" aftershave

Wasn't sure I'd get round to Tabac this month, but I snuck it in at the end. I'm a fan.

A nice BBS shave today and finished off the last of this Tabac stick. This will be my last Tabac shave of the month as I killed this stick and am ready to use something different.
See y'all next Tabactober, thank goodness I've got a bunch of the tallow sticks left.

Razor: GEM Junior w/ Baton handle
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)
Soap: Tabac stick (Tallow)
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
AS: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

30/31 GRUMER, day29
Tabactober
Shave of the Week Society (SWS) posting day

PXL_20221029_125656442.jpg

Pre-shave: reading updates on B&B and 2 cups of coffee.
Feather AS-D2
Feather Platinum (8)
Zenith 21mm boar
Tallow Tabac

Hey Guys
Thanks for all the nice replies yesterday. Kathy and I had a wonderful day celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Since this is the weekly posting day for SWS members, I am going to go with the Feather razor. On November 1st I am going to do a "No Shave Day" in honor of @hopper_64 and his efforts to spread the message about cancer awareness. A new soap and change of avatar will also occur the first of the month.

Todays shave was very good. I have struggled from the beginning with the Feather razor. I did get good results more-so riding the bar. The Zenith brush is not as stiff and has less backbone than my other boars...and for me as mostly a painter and dabber, I like it a lot.
Its raining and chilly this morning so I'm getting out a flannel shirt; Fall is a special time of the year!

I have not logged them all here, but had 6 Tabac shaves in a row (every other day) since 10/19/22. The old lady is on me like white on rice and won’t let go!

Razor: Bic Twin Select (0)
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf
Lather: Tabac Stick (tallow)
Result: 10/10

Just another glorious low-drama Tabac shave. I find the stick scent to be bolder and spicier than the puck (both tallow), and vastly prefer the stick format too. Just a thin film on the face and a soppy wet synthetic and I had enough glorious lather for 3 passes. Have a vegan formula stick and puck on the way as I’m very curious to see how much they’ve changed it. I’m no tallow fanboy though, and good lather is good lather. I’ll review it when the time comes. Most excellent of shave days!

7B7C114F-A453-4F07-90DF-8C7FC44E379B.jpeg

Last edited:
Here it is, today's shave, using the smoothest (in my opinion) RazoRock razor, the Mamba 70:

2022 Tabactober 29.jpg

Today's shave confirmed the fact that Tabac (tallow), while producing excellent lather, it is a bit drying for my skin. It might be that this is true of any soap sticks. I know I am being fussy but I use MWF as a baseline.

A nice BBS shave today and finished off the last of this Tabac stick. This will be my last Tabac shave of the month as I killed this stick and am ready to use something different.
See y'all next Tabactober, thank goodness I've got a bunch of the tallow sticks left.

Razor: GEM Junior w/ Baton handle
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)
Soap: Tabac stick (Tallow)
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
AS: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Sad to see you go, but congrats on the completion! I have not finished off a soap, yet! But I may soon!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
EED80033-3B55-4E33-9FE3-79B1AC79795F.jpeg

Tabactober shave number 30 this morning. Still using Tallow Tabac soap, a Flat Bottom Tech and an Israeli Eddison Stainless blade on its seventh and last shave. Not bad today, the blade is done. Plenty of sting with the Alum Block and a couple of red marks on my cheeks and chin. Overall I don’t mind this blade at all and Tallow Tabac is just a great soap.

Still in 🙏🏽

Dutch vintage shave. This Schick TTO and Platinum blade were produced and sold as a pair in the Netherlands till around 1980. Comfortable beard and head shave.
I wonder why the PAA Cube stays wet all the time and how to prevent this. Fantastic match with the Tabac, though. Makes the lather explode 🎆

400B421E-AFBC-4A0F-B0A6-CD72DF77F01A.jpeg

I wonder why the PAA Cube stays wet all the time and how to prevent this.
Build-in marketing - PAA sells a specific drying tray to compliment the Cube. But pun aside, it is because of the glycerine inside the soap. It attracts moisture from the bathroom. So the soap itself is fine and maybe even dry.

Technically Tabac should show the same effect as it has glycerine in as well (which assists in its glide - moisturising effect), but we usually have a lid on Tabac in its tub.

Last edited:
20221029_130139-02-01.jpeg

I decided to skip yesterday's shave to let my skin fully recover (a worn out Eddison had caught some redness on Friday), so two days worth of growth were the task of the day for the Sailor... "nobody's business" kind of shave. And a pretty efficient one, two passes (wtg III.5, atg I.5 ). The final touchup was made on the ● position.

Nothing more to report than a brilliant BBS result.

And Tabac? She did what she always uses to do... she contributed her part to nothing but a a stellar shave. 🤩

Enjoy your Sunday, fellow Tabaconians! 😀

Last edited:
View attachment 1548470

I decided to skip yesterday's shave to let my skin fully recover (a worn out Eddison had caught some redness on Friday), so two days worth of growth were the task of the day for the Sailor... "nobody's business" kind of shave. And a pretty efficient one, two passes (wtg III.5, atg I.5 ). The final touchup was made on the ● position.

Nothing more to report than a brilliant BBS result.

And Tabac? She did what she always uses to do... she contributed her part to nothing but a a stellar shave. 🤩

Enjoy your Sunday, fellow Tabaconians! 😀
Oeehhh - pretty brush :001_wub:

Top Bottom