What's new

Cremo Spice Black Tobacco Vanilla "Eau De Toilette" (All The Ladies Love It!)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Cremo Black Spice Tobacco Vanilla Eau De Toilette
proxy.php

First off, how was your labor day weekend, do anything fun? Had family over? Hopefully the house didn't burn down after a visit from the inlaws, as we know, things can get quite heated. I've been using my Davidoff Cool Water cologne for several months now, its a good warm weather scent. But now that we've entered the month of September, the weather is going to start cooling off, as we begin entering fall, by the month of October. IMO, a good spicy warm scent, always pairs well, with the fall and winter months.

Cremo, they don't just make shaving creams folks, they also make colognes too, who would have thought! And guess what Cremo scent, is the most popular with the ladies? If you guessed Spice & Black Tobacco Vanilla, you'd be correct! I don't know what it is, but this unisex scent, really hits home for many, me included.

PRESENTATION:

BOX: The box presentation is nothing real fancy, its pretty basic honestly. Its not loud and proud, but you do get a sense that its marketed towards barbershops/salons. Having said that however, the quality of the box construction is top notch, and you know that you are buying from a good company.

BOTTLE: The bottle presentation is a little more loud and proud. At first glance, it may look like just a basic square shaped bottle. However, look closer, and you will see that Cremo spent the extra money, to embold and emboss their name, into the glass bottle itself. Not many companies will spend the money to do that, and its really a nice touch. The embossing is on both the front, and sides of the bottle. The scent decal is very low quality however, and clearly Cremo cut back costs by slapping on a basic sticker, I would have preferred to seem the same level of glass embossment. The cap is also a basic style, with chrome accents.

ATOMIZER:

The spray atomizer is of a lower quality then the one, that is on my Davidoff Cool Water bottle. It doesn't spray as wide of a pattern, and its a little more direct if that makes sense. However, this is just a nitpick, and it only means, that you might have to spread it around with your finger after spraying, or just simply spray more product from the start and be done with it. The atomizer isn't the best out there, but hey, it gets the job done regardless.

THE SCENT:

The scent is exactly what I was hoping for, when I originally picked this out. When I first begin spraying this on myself, I get a strong dose of the spices and tobacco scent in the opening. Then in the dry down, the vanilla starts becoming apparent, while still maintaining the overall spices. Then several hours later, I begin smelling mostly tobacco and vanilla, as the tail ending scents, as it ages on the skin.

IMHO, this scent is nothing short then incredible! I personally can't afford expensive scents, colognes that cost 100 dollars or more. But I've been told, that this scent rivals the quality, of 100+ dollar more expensive colognes. Usually, I am used to more basic scents, ones that don't have multiple ingredients, that start making their presence known later on, but this cologne most certainly does, and its quite impressive.

STRENGTH:

This would be considered among the stronger scents for colognes, but perhaps not the strongest out there. In other words, don't be one of those men or woman, who does 14 sprays of this product, otherwise your going to pass out. A little goes a long way folks, I recommend no more then 4-sprays MAX! I did 3-sprays yesterday and it was plenty, I did 4 sprays today, and the scent is stronger on me, and I would not push it beyond that, YMMV of course.

PROJECTION:

My Davidoff Cool Water cologne has poor projection, you pretty much have to be within a few feet of me to smell it. The Cremo Spice Black Tobacco Vanilla cologne however, has a solid projection to fill a small 20' by 20' room. Just another reason why you don't need a lot of this, a little goes a long way folks!

SCENT DURATION:

My Davidoff Cool Water cologne is so weak, that it needs to be re-applied after 6 to 8 hours. From what I can tell, my Cremo Spice Black Tobacco Vanilla cologne, seems to last a solid 12-hours for me, with a slight hint of it, 16-hours later! Of course, YMMV. Again, we go back to the fact that this cologne, while it may not sell for a real high end price, is a quality that matches up with higher priced colognes.

CONCLUSION:

In conclusion, I set out to discover a cologne, that was warm and spicy, with a hint of tobacco notes, and vanilla notes, and I'd like to think that I got it in spades. The scent smells incredible, it uplifts my mood, and it has an added effect, of making people want to get to know me. Its a great cooler weather scent, and just the fact it is long lasting, is a bonus. Plus, if you do your research, you learn that this cologne is one of ladies all time favorites. If you wear this, you'll have them lining up to get to know you. If your a lady and your wearing this, you'll get guys asking you what cologne your wearing, so that they can go out and buy this for themselves.

What truly amazes me however, is the cheap cost for this cologne. And here I thought that Cremo, was only a shaving supply company, making creams and what not. And here they went and made, probably their most popular cologne scent on the market. Yes, Cremo does have other cologne scents, but for right now, I am only interested in the one I got, and IMO, it was money well spent. Will I buy more of this again? Do you really need to ask? Absolutely 100% positively and undeniably, YES! 5 out of 5 stars across the board, smash hit! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Interesting, it appears that it is a less obnoxious overt Spicebomb Extreme. If it makes you happy(and you know it) go with it just like your Cool Water! If people notice you then you will have to decide if that's a plus or minus(and adjust sprays accordingly). Be careful wearing it too early in the season, I have heard some unflattering adjectives for what cool weather fragrances like these smell like when over heated. I will be pulling out my Guerlain Heritage in October, it's a mid priced fragrance. It seems to suit my age group.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Interesting, it appears that it is a less obnoxious overt Spicebomb Extreme. If it makes you happy(and you know it) go with it just like your Cool Water! If people notice you then you will have to decide if that's a plus or minus(and adjust sprays accordingly). Be careful wearing it too early in the season, I have heard some unflattering adjectives for what cool weather fragrances like these smell like when over heated. I will be pulling out my Guerlain Heritage in October, it's a mid priced fragrance. It seems to suit my age group.

Yup, you just named the 100+ smackaroonies cologne that I was talking about in my review. But the SE cologne has a darker notation to it from other's reviews. Darker notes arn't necessarily a better thing, and some folks find it offputting. Where as the vanilla notes in SBTV, provide its cologne a slightly sweeter notation, and as such, easier to handle.

I agree with not using a fall/winter scent too early, in other words, no 70 to 100 plus degrees please lol. But guess what? Last night, and this morning, it got down to 55 degrees! I mean seriously bro, my body has been used to summer temperatures, and I had to turn the heater on! Point is, I think it was plenty cool enough for using my SBTV lol.

Hmm, I may need to do some research into your Guerlain Heritage cologne.

As far as age group is concerned, this is something I always forget to mention in my cologne reviews. I would say Cremo's SBTV cologne, to be for those in their 40's and up. This is not a young person's scent, and especially not a teenagers scent!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Thanks for the post!
Are you sure about the tobacco note?
None of the Cremo descriptions include the word "tobacco".
Let us know!

Good to see you @sarimento1

You are correct, and my apologies if I was a bit confusing in this one. While the title of the product does indeed not say tobacco in the name, it is however implied. I chose this scent based on previous research that I did. And many of the professional reviewers said that this product has a tobacco note in it. Then after my personal testing of said product, I agree with them, as I too can smell the tobacco note in it.

In order to bring fairness to the scent profile of this cologne, I would have been remiss if I didn't state the tobacco note. I just want to make sure to get all the information out there, so folks know what they are getting into, when they are looking to buy said product. Again, my apologies for any confusion. Thanks Sarimento!

That spice and vanilla one of my favs do plan to get the actual spice bomb one day

also Bergamot and Musk (some say a creed aventus homage) can sense that a bit but its nice

Also have the Vanilla Bourbon and like it

had the palo santo but returned not my fav but could see folks liking it

also want to get that new vintage suede they have

then want to start to get some higher end colognes but having a range of these is fun for the money

hard to find a place with samples out though I did find one walmart that had some but most were empty :(

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I know that most folks on here, came to know Cremo from the shaving software, believe it or not, I never bought any. My first foyay into Cremo, was this very EDT. And if this is the quality that I can expect from the Cremo brand, well, I just might have to buy more of their stuff in the future.

That spice and vanilla one of my favs do plan to get the actual spice bomb one day

also Bergamot and Musk (some say a creed aventus homage) can sense that a bit but its nice

then want to start to get some higher end colognes but having a range of these is fun for the money

hard to find a place with samples out though I did find one walmart that had some but most were empty :(

Thank you for taking the time, to bring my attention to some scent recommendations, I really appreciate it. I agree, samples are very tough to get locally, if you don't have a local store that specializes in selling calogne. But there are sites online where you can buy samples from. I'd be especially curious in any Creed Aventus clones for an affordable price. Thats the whole reason why I bought Stirling's Executive Man EDT, smell like Creed Aventus, without the 500 dollar price tag lol.

FWIW, try sampling the whole Spice Bomb range at Sephora (or Kohl's if yours has a built-in Sephora). The Spice Bomb "Extreme" is regarded by many as the best in the line. It's my favorite.

I hadn't heard that (Aventus dupe) about Bergamot and Musk. I may need to try it.

I love the Palo Santo because it smells like Gucci Rush. Takes me back to my college snowboarding trips.

The Silver Water and Birch is the Creed Silver Mountain Water clone. It's REALLY good.

FWIW, try sampling the whole Spice Bomb range at Sephora (or Kohl's if yours has a built-in Sephora). The Spice Bomb "Extreme" is regarded by many as the best in the line. It's my favorite.

I hadn't heard that (Aventus dupe) about Bergamot and Musk. I may need to try it.

I love the Palo Santo because it smells like Gucci Rush. Takes me back to my college snowboarding trips.

The Silver Water and Birch is the Creed Silver Mountain Water clone. It's REALLY good.
Yeah I am in PHX AZ these days so lots of high end places to get the nicer stuff so will be doing that went to one and they had little but I was also near my daughters school just have to head to the right area :) but as fun to try a few things and then put a fav on each arm to see how it went for the rest of the day !

I think the Bergamot musk for a dupe is hit or miss I can sense the homage or as some folks say that vibe ? To me maybe say its in that same character ? as I had some actual creed to compare but for the $20 its in that family close enough but not quite a dupe actually put it on this morning :)

interesting on the Guci Rush to Palo Santo

yeah I had heard that about the silver water and need to check that out somehow and gets good reviews on fragrantica site I use a lot to get ideas

I know that most folks on here, came to know Cremo from the shaving software, believe it or not, I never bought any. My first foyay into Cremo, was this very EDT. And if this is the quality that I can expect from the Cremo brand, well, I just might have to buy more of their stuff in the future.

Thank you for taking the time, to bring my attention to some scent recommendations, I really appreciate it. I agree, samples are very tough to get locally, if you don't have a local store that specializes in selling calogne. But there are sites online where you can buy samples from. I'd be especially curious in any Creed Aventus clones for an affordable price. Thats the whole reason why I bought Stirling's Executive Man EDT, smell like Creed Aventus, without the 500 dollar price tag lol.
Yeah I had some of the stirling executive in samples quite nice

I read the fragrantica site for my rough ideas and other ones to try

reckon being newer to the whole smelling great with cologne edp/edt at 59yr old I lived this long without it :) hahahaha

having things that are a dupe or close enough like the Stirling you have for the creed aventus gives most of us a idea if we like it all day long and for meif close enough I am fine

I could see spending around $100 on a bottle of something I loved though based on some samples I had from a client (as in did not have to pay part of a job I was doing) but not sure about the $300+ price range stuff again unless I made a TON of $ I just dont care that much if I use the real creed or the dupe

the nicer “real” stuff for some scents does have a whole other level and the dupes cant compete but again the is it worth it :) is where I come up with that around $100 I might

Top Bottom