What's new

Taylor of old bonds street

I really can't add anything meaningful to all the great posts already on this thread!
Fully enjoy my various TOBS creams!
Here is one recent...

taylor of old bond st tonacco leaf simpson feather october 7 2022.jpg

personally, while there are some creams that are better performing they are all pretty good. I liked cedarwood, rose, aloe vera and grapefruit from memory. I wrote a thread detailing my reviews and experiences if you are curious. I tend to care more about scent so I really just talk about what it smells like to me.

I really like TOBS Almond.

Tried their Sandalwood and hated it. Smells more like a chemical factory. Nothing like the old sandalwood scents I remember.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The comments you’re getting about TOBS Sandalwood are, in my opinion, pretty spot on. It’s not a “true” Sandalwood scent, more like a Sandalwood inspired cologne. I personally really like it.

Reactions: CCS
The comments you’re getting about TOBS Sandalwood are, in my opinion, pretty spot on. It’s not a “true” Sandalwood scent, more like a Sandalwood inspired cologne. I personally really like it.
Exactly. I wish they didn't call it "Sandalwood" as it smells nothing like traditional Sandalwood but it is my all time favorite shaving cream and I LOVE shaving with it. I have to laugh at the occasional "smells like a chemical factory" comment. I assume those folks have never actually been in one.

Exactly. I wish they didn't call it "Sandalwood" as it smells nothing like traditional Sandalwood but it is my all time favorite shaving cream and I LOVE shaving with it. I have to laugh at the occasional "smells like a chemical factory" comment. I assume those folks have never actually been in one.
When I smell TOBS Sandalwood I'm transported back to Buffums or Bullock's wearing a Members Only jacket...

Just received my first tub of Taylor of old bonds street
Eton College Collection and i have to say it is great stuff,The lather was alot from just a little amount in my shave bowl.

What other scents would the fine folks here recommend?
Cedarwood!
Best smell ever (for me). And it performs great!
It's the shaving cream that I use about 95% of the time. I never get tired of the scent. Matter of fact, even when I don't have to shave, I'll open the tub to take a whiff.

If anyone wants to pay for shipping I ordered a TOBS sandalwood 2oz from Amazon. Tried it once this week. I’m near 19341 area code so if I put it in a bubble mailer I bet you can get almost 2oz for 5 dollars. Just PM me if anyone wants it.

Top Bottom