What's new

Photo of the Day

A follow-up of sorts to my Shuttle Endeavor shot up thread.

I wasn't able to get off work to shoot the shuttle going through streets of Los Angeles, but a few years later I was able to shoot the external fuel tank going through the streets.
_MG_0628.jpg

Temperate springtails. These are part of the cleanup crew in my bioactive American Toad tank. They keep any mold and or fungus under control. After doing a bit of plant trimming and general tank maintenance I noticed a mass of them floating in the freshly changed water bowl. So I took a couple shots. Then I scoop the majority out and put back on the soil and provided a bridge for the rest to escape. First shot is 1-1 on a micro 4/3 sensor so the long edge is 3/4 inch long, second is a crop of the first.
P1170632.jpg
P1170632-2.jpg

this monday morning at the wetlands.
after some neat pics of the spoonies earlier (to be posted soon), i walked around and played with this egret while he was fishing in one of the ponds. suddenly, he flew up and reached a tree snag, totally behind me and hard backlit.
luckily, with exposure on manual and shutter at 20fps, the camera captured him as he lighted on the limb.
not more than a second had elapsed.
sometimes we can get lucky!
nikon z9 with 800mm/6.3, iso 4000, 1/2500 sec, f/7.1

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom