What's new

What's up with this Pre de Provence No.63 shave cream that I bought?

I hope that my "old man scent" comment didn't offend anyone. As that wasn't my intent.

I do realize that I'm getting older and time seems to be flying by. I remember like yesterday bringing my son home from the hospital, now he will be 19 next week.

One of the things I love about this hobby is how many choices we have. Its almost mind boggling sometimes. The beauty of this to me is that as long as your happy with what you are using and getting results that suit you, then you are doing it right.
No offense taken! We’re just joking back at you. :thumbup1:

I hope that my "old man scent" comment didn't offend anyone. As that wasn't my intent.

I do realize that I'm getting older and time seems to be flying by. I remember like yesterday bringing my son home from the hospital, now he will be 19 next week.

One of the things I love about this hobby is how many choices we have. Its almost mind boggling sometimes. The beauty of this to me is that as long as your happy with what you are using and getting results that suit you, then you are doing it right.
"And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
You missed the starting gun
No one told you when to run"

Pink Floyd. Dark Side Of The Moon - 1971

Yeah it does creep up on you. I recall 2008 when I was 47 like it was yesterday, literally sometimes with some stand-out memories.

Cherish your time with your family, strive to do good and be kind. Those things mellow the passing of time, and enrich your maturity. For me thats still a work in progress.

Focussing on small things, with a childlike wonder, like closely examining the clouds or a tree, seems to slow that sense of time passing with more rapidity as you mature, I read somewhere.

No one would have dreamed of taking offense in your gentle comment.

Happens to us all :wink2:

Last edited:

It didn't offend me, we're just breakin' balls here. ;)

I'm nowhere near that end of the scale! I grew up eating BLT sandwiches. I eat ham and cheese sandwiches 2-3 days a week (on rye, of course). Cheeseburgers? Fuhgeddiboudit!
I am the bacon offender.

And I too, am of the Jewish persuasion.

However, I follow Halacha, Which I interpret to mean;

If you are threatened with death by starvation (ok, like 4 hours without eating) and there is bacon in the fridge, G-d will understand if you rustle something up.

This is probably why I was not accepted for Rabbi training when I wrote this down on the application form.

Last edited:
I'm assuming it is like a "LiKE", as most men and women like bacon!

I am the bacon offender.

And I too, am of the Jewish persuasion.

However, I follow Halacha, Which I interpret to mean;

If you are threatened with death by starvation (ok, like 4 hours without eating) and there is bacon in the fridge, G-d will understand if you rustle something up.

This is probably why I was not accepted for Rabbi training when I wrote this down on the application form.
I hope you, at the least, fasted on Yom Kippur. That's as Jewish as I get.

@LRod As far as the soap issue goes. I really think you should give PdP another chance. I couldn't tell you what's up with the cream version but the hard soap is bomb! I mean it really is a quality soap that smells amazing. In my opinion it's highly addictive. I bought the aftershave balm and the lotion after buying the soap because of how awesome it smells. It's that good. If I had the dough I'd buy you a puck just to put it to the test.

Anyway, it's not old man smelling by any stretch. It's woodsy and has some spice to it but in a sophisticated way.

I know you like TOBS and that's totally cool. I just think it's unfortunate that the PdP shaving cream left you with a bad impression. Just my two cents.

As as age goes we're all 18 + the difference in age (years) as experience. 😉

@LRod As far as the soap issue goes. I really think you should give PdP another chance. I couldn't tell you what's up with the cream version but the hard soap is bomb! I mean it really is a quality soap that smells amazing. In my opinion it's highly addictive. I bought the aftershave balm and the lotion after buying the soap because of how awesome it smells. It's that good. If I had the dough I'd buy you a puck just to put it to the test.

Anyway, it's not old man smelling by any stretch. It's woodsy and has some spice to it but in a sophisticated way.

I know you like TOBS and that's totally cool. I just think it's unfortunate that the PdP shaving cream left you with a bad impression. Just my two cents.

As as age goes we're all 18 + the difference in age (years) as experience. 😉
I guess you're right. Maybe it's just a bad tube overall. When I find the soap for a good price, I'll give it a whirl!
And thank you for thinking about offering a puck if you could. That's a very generous thought!
And just to throw this out there: I ain't old, LOL!!
The thread took a weird turn!
LRod

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm 3017'ing a soap puck since the start of the year. Granted, I only shave 3-4x a week and don't use it when camping, but I still have over 1/2 left after 9+ months.

It is a fantastic performer and scent.
In all honesty, I'm also very much pleased with the Bergamot and Thyme combo of shave soap and after shave balm. Scent is clean, soapy and reminds me of freshly hang out laundry in an open field. Performance is just as great as the N°63.

My experience is that these Pre de Provence shave soaps give their best when heavily loaded, but WITHOUT too much water.

Top Bottom