What's new

My wife lovingly thinks I'm nuts over my growing collection!! How about you?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Got 100 blades from Sweden yesterday to join the 700+ I already have, and despite needing a second lifetime to use them all, my wife didn't bat an eye. It's only my silent film collecting that still drives her nuts. She refuses to even watch a 10 minute short, much less my 5-7 hour French silents.
A huge thank you for the 4 tucks of blades you sent me...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
After 5 years of trimming my own hair with a trimmer from a Christmas present by my wife and not buying cartridge razors I keep telling my wife my shave gear has paid for it self over that time period and it seems to quiet her down for a few weeks until something comes in the mail again to give her something to whine about. Yes, I buy more shave gear than I need but its worth it to me in this hobby because I have become less active in other adventures I enjoyed at one time. She just came back from a short holiday of 2 weeks and spent over $2,000 Canadian and has nothing really to show for it but not worth mentioning that part to her :laugh:. Like the old saying goes you can not take it with you, but live with in your means goes along way for a comfortable life hopefully!

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
My wife is all for it. She thinks its a fun and (relatively) inexpensive hobby. She gets just as excited as I do when a new scent comes in that she wants to sample.

Your wife is a rare breed, and thus, you are one lucky man. 😍 And I too would be excited to try out a new scent. I think she'd get excited over this collection of mine. HEHE

proxy.php

So my wife cleaned our bathroom today while I was at work. I had like 10 razors out on my side of the countertop (we have double sinks) on top of a microfiber towel along with my bowl, cream and a couple of brushes. And of course some extras like alum block & after shaves.
She moved all my stuff in order to clean everything and replaced the towel with a new clean one and organized everything exactly how I had it. When I got home, I thanked her for the way she always does that with the utmost care.
She told me: "While I was cleaning your side today, I realized that my husband has gone nuts!"🤣
Now, I'm a person that has a couple of hobbies. I've also played music my whole life (I collect drums) besides the razors, so my wife is undoubtedly the most supportive person possible with every single idea that I've come up with. She basically feels that as long as it's something wholesome and it doesn't make us go broke, it's all good!
Of course her "nuts" reference was told in a loving and funny way where we were both laughing about it!
I intelligently seized the moment in order to introduce her to all my shaving gear and pointed out certain features & meanings behind this hobby that we love so much. i.e., Birth year razor, finishes, manufacturers, years etc..
I think it was wonderful because even though she looked genuinely puzzled, at least she could get a sense of how important this hobby has become for me. So I think it was a good thing even though it all might be perceived as a little nutty. The other good part is that now she wont ignore the growing number of razors anymore and wonder!

What's your story with your significant other on what they think about all of this?

Take the "Red Pill"

Last edited:
Its just me and the old man here at home nowadays. He constantly complains about all my shaving gear. I was recently made to move it all out of the bathroom to the back bedroom out of the way but I'm still getting complaints about it all.

Funny thing is though, despite all the complaints that I get, my dad hasn't paid for a single razor upgrade, blade, soap or aftershave in over ten years.

She Who Must Be Obeyed couldn't care less about most of my hobbies (guns, guitars, shaving) as long as it doesn't break the bank, which it doesn't. I'm far from wealthy but I'm pretty good with limited resources because that's what I've had my whole life. :laugh:
I keep a spread sheet of my shaving expenses and it certainly doesn't rival the Gross National Product of Brazil or anything. I'm relatively cheap; I'll spend $6.75 for some blades and maybe $15.00 for some soap and $8.00 for some shave cream. I'm really pleased with what I've spent, even though it far exceeds what I spent on cartridge razors, ironically.

Top Bottom