What's new

Polish shaving creams

I was on vacation from the USA in Poland in late September. I ended up bringing 4 tubes of Lider cream and 1 tube of Wars classic cream home. I'm normally not a cream guy, usually I use puck soap but have to say both Lider and Wars creams have been great. I think with the Zloty to Dollar conversion each tube was less than $3. I also snagged Lider, Brutal, and Hattrick aftershaves while I was there. If anybody happens to be going to Poland , or any central Europe nation I guess maybe keep your eyes out in the pharmacies & supermarkets. I'm really glad I did. The Lider really surprised me with how far a little bit goes.

We also brought home polish buffalo grass vodka. If anybody from Poland is on here, we loved visiting your country!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Zblewski vodka is incredible!

How would you say these creams stacked up against domestically available ones?

Zblewski vodka is incredible!

How would you say these creams stacked up against domestically available ones?
As an Arkansas USA resident I am mostly a Stirling Soap puck user, but I do have experience with Prorasso green cream. Nothing against Italy but I'd take Lider happily if I could get it in the states. The 4 tubes of Lider I brought back should last me a good bit though!

lasta

Blade Biter
I think I was Polish in another life!

My college life consisted of Wapienica, WARS, and Zubrowka on the weekends!

I still keep some WARS for nostalgia. But don't come near me with dem bison grass!

I have tried many Polish creams last year. Unlike you I was in Poland 11 years twice and didn't get neither the Lider nor the Wars Classic which were literally on every newspaper kiosk.
For me the Lider and Wars Classic are the worst I have tried. Both smell bad to me, and what is worse they don't give a very good protection. Wars Sensitive smells better, but still not very protective.
Trie Korsarz cream gave me serious irritation.
Bond creams are pretty good. Tried two varieties.
The best one for me was Kanion Classic Soothing.
All of those creams were manufactured only a couple of months before I tried them

As an Arkansas USA resident I am mostly a Stirling Soap puck user, but I do have experience with Prorasso green cream. Nothing against Italy but I'd take Lider happily if I could get it in the states. The 4 tubes of Lider I brought back should last me a good bit though!
Looks like it's available from the Bay.
MOST things are available worldwide.

Lider and Wars Classic are lovely. I also tried Kanion which to me smells awful and has no skincare but it lathers great. I like Bond Spacequest very much.

Rick

I know this at least half off topic but
I am a huge fan of Consul plyn po goleniu.

Brutal is ok, but I mostly like Brutal because
the name is amusing to an English speaking person such as myself.

I don't know if Consul makes shaving cream.

This is a surprising topic to me. I’m from Poland originally and I have visited Poland and spent time there very regularly. I’ve never used Polish branded shave products before, and I’m not aware or any friends or relatives who do. Sometimes things are manufactured in Poland under brands like Nivea or Gillette, which are very popular there. I have never tried the original Polish brands mentioned above. Frankly, we in Poland are not known for making such products. Places like, for example, France, Italy, Spain… they have a long history of making excellent cosmetic products for men and women. In Poland, these types of goods have always been imported by people with the means to afford it. My grandfather shaved all his life with whatever random soap bar happened to be by the sink.

I have tried many Polish creams last year. Unlike you I was in Poland 11 years twice and didn't get neither the Lider nor the Wars Classic which were literally on every newspaper kiosk.
For me the Lider and Wars Classic are the worst I have tried. Both smell bad to me, and what is worse they don't give a very good protection. Wars Sensitive smells better, but still not very protective.
Trie Korsarz cream gave me serious irritation.
Bond creams are pretty good. Tried two varieties.
The best one for me was Kanion Classic Soothing.
All of those creams were manufactured only a couple of months before I tried them

I had the same results with Lider, Wars and Korsarz and the Bond Retro splash made my face burn, so my record with Polish shaving products isn't the best, aside from the Brutal Classic aftershave, which is one of my favourites.

Which Bond shaving cream would you recommend?

A number of Polish shaving products can be bought from the MakeUp retailer, I think they have sites for a number of countries, in the UK their website is makeup.uk.

I had the same results with Lider, Wars and Korsarz and the Bond Retro splash made my face burn, so my record with Polish shaving products isn't the best, aside from the Brutal Classic aftershave, which is one of my favourites.

Which Bond shaving cream would you recommend?

A number of Polish shaving products can be bought from the MakeUp retailer, I think they have sites for a number of countries, in the UK their website is makeup.uk.
Yes, I bought all of them from the local Makeup site.
Bond retro splash was OK to my skin. Same with the Bond Spacequest splash.
Tried 2 of their creams - Bond Fresh and Bond Retro. Both were good.

Top Bottom