What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 10th, 2022 to October 16th, 2022 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Lord, Platinum
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: La Toja
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday OCtober 13th 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>, excellent mid range, one of the best designs of a DE razor head I have used, excellent machining QC and finish, easy to work under the nose area. A joy to use!
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon(3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Made in India.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scented soap with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites + offers excellent lather protection and post shave.
Brush : Yaqi "lucky Dice" 26mm tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard area cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Razorock Lupo.72 with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
SOTD October 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Varlet Beehive 24mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Penhaligon`s English Fern
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Penhaligon`s English Fern

F06A6534-52F9-44DB-99CF-E436EDB25986.jpeg

Blackland Thursday / Favorite Music Week / Tabactober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Persona Platinum Chrome

Soap: Tabac (tallow)
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Tabac

Following this week's theme there's no way I could pass on The Beatles. They're one of my most favorite bands and have been a massive inspiration in good times and bad.

On the left is the Paul McCartney Freshen Up world tour shirt from when I say him at Dodgers Stadium in 2019. This was the tours last stop and was out of this world as Ringo Starr showed up to play with Paul on stage for the first time is many many years.

In the middle is the 2018 American Tour shirt I picked up at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles when I saw Ringo Starr and His All Star Band play. Side note, I ran into and shook Corey Feldman's hand at this show.

On the right is the Paul McCartney Got Back North American Tour shirt from earlier this year, 2022. I saw this outstanding performance at Sofi Stadium in Inglewood CA. I actually picked up two different shirts at this concert.

As you can see in a huge Beatles fan. Behind it all are just a couple of the vinyl albums I have of the band a their solo stuff.

For today's shave I'm finally getting to use my new stainless steel Blackbird. I decided to pair up the razor with a brand new Persona Platinum Chrome blade.

I did a three-pass shave with this amazingly engineered razor. This plus the Tabac was just pure pleasure. The post shave feel with this razor and soap combination is a 10 out of 10. As you can read, I'm highly impressed by this razor and am beyond stoked to now own one.

I finished up with the ritual staples and then splashed on some addiction inducing Tabac aftershave.

All in all I couldn't be happier with today's shave.

Enjoy your shaves gentlemen. Nowhere man out.

Date
365 days of shaving288/287
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober14/31 (100%)
Tabactober8/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant/Slide
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight
(S-N)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip OC Special Edition
King C Gillette (26)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash with Proraso face wash
Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (balm)

Notes:

Used @tjsgarden lather method for a nice rich lather. Razor and blade were just wonderful. I could easily use this all week if I have to. I could, but I won’t - too much fun rotating at the moment.

Journal link:

Ponderings from today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11967068

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom