What's new

Where do you put your shaving gear?

I keep most of my shaving gear on the left side of my MBR sink as shown below:
View attachment 1532270

My storage jar for my unused blades, blade bank, and refill bottles are on a shelf under my sink.
What's in those travel containers in the patterned cup? The orange liquid bottle in the background looks like some kind of after or pre-shave thing, and I'm guessing that container is a soap (that or pomade), but I can't see the contents of those ones.

Also, your bathroom's granite(?) looks rather similar to my kitchen's!

Last edited:
What's in those travel containers in the patterned cup? The orange liquid bottle in the background looks like some kind of after or pre-shave thing, and I'm guessing that container is a soap (that or pomade), but I can't see the contents of those ones.

Also, your bathroom's granite(?) looks rather similar to my kitchen's!
Yes.

I keep my stuff in the medicine cabinet in my bathroom. :thumbsup:

I took a picture. Not much in there but the basics. I have other aftershaves and canned shave foam in another area of my bathroom.

IMG_20221002_075535.jpg

I've posted earlier versions of these photos but, like OkieStubble, I like to keep the bathroom counter clean of shaving supplies save for when I'm actually shaving. I've done a little more rearranging since the second photo as the brushes in the first photo are not duplicates. Just badgers now in the cabinet shown in the second photo.

IMG_3731.JPG

fullsizeoutput_44c3.jpeg

lasta

Blade Biter
Very nice use of what looks like a small space but, my God man, buy some bleach!
Small space for sure, but life is not easy haha!

Sold our 4 driveway home in Newfoundland, and that was only enough to rent this tiny apartment in Shanghai for 5 years!

Thanks for the bleach tip! Will get right on it.

Reactions: CCS
Hi,

Right here:

Grandpa's Old Type, my Fasan, my wife's Lady Gillette, my brush, my soap mug. I face lather, so the mug just holds my made up soap. The Lubriderm is my AS. The other liquid soap isn't part of shaving. Over on the right, you see my styptic pencil and my Dad's post war Tech and his Rubberset brush are just out of the frame. Used once in a while.

Spare razors and box of blades are in a drawer. Extra soap, a few pucks, is under the sink.

There is Schick Type C3 repeater (uses injector blades) and a small brush in a Dopp Kit also under the sink.

I don't have the large collection some have.

lasta

Blade Biter
Hi,

Right here:

Grandpa's Old Type, my Fasan, my wife's Lady Gillette, my brush, my soap mug. I face lather, so the mug just holds my made up soap. The Lubriderm is my AS. The other liquid soap isn't part of shaving. Over on the right, you see my styptic pencil and my Dad's post war Tech and his Rubberset brush are just out of the frame. Used once in a while.

Spare razors and box of blades are in a drawer. Extra soap, a few pucks, is under the sink.

There is Schick Type C3 repeater (uses injector blades) and a small brush in a Dopp Kit also under the sink.

I don't have the large collection some have.
You will, just a matter of time!

I got into straights ~17 years ago because I thought that it will "solve" the shaving problem.

I'm a late bloomer, but things changed a year ago.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
We have a hinged door into our master bathroom. I'm also one who likes an uncluttered bathroom vanity top. I got one of these:

ReSizeShelves.jpg

The only problem now is... I just had top and bottom dental implants installed last month. As a result, we bought a Waterpik flosser and a Oral-B electric tooth brush. Both of those are stored on the vanity top at the moment. We use them several times a day so keeping them off the double sink vanity top doesn't seem a viable option.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I used to keep my razor blades in that little false drawer front space in front of the sink. That was fine when I just had a few varieties of AC razor blades. I've recently started exploring DE shaving and had to find somewhere to keep the assorted DE blades. I just got a new pair of deck shoes so I repurposed that box. I keep it in the master bath walk-in clothes closet along with a larger box containing all the packaging from my growing hardware collection. I don't plan on selling stuff but if or when I do, it's nice to have the packaging in which the items arrived.

You will, just a matter of time!

I got into straights ~17 years ago because I thought that it will "solve" the shaving problem.

I'm a late bloomer, but things changed a year ago.
Hi,

Ha!

Nope. I have been at this since 1976. I did get into acquiring too much once I found good old B&B in 2011. Got back out of most of what I acquired in 2014. Except my Fasan double slants. I have two, one is a spare, since they take some time to find.

The metal top cap is the one I use daily, the other is the spare, and both have my own handles on them.

Then there is the heirloom stuff. Won't be getting rid of that, but I've had it all from before I found B&B. Dad passed in 1995. Granpa passed in 1979. So his was my second razor.

So, that's two additional razors which sit in a drawer. The other two are out in view. And the two Old Spice mugs of my Dad's with Old Spice soap still in them. On the days when I use Dad's razor and brush, I also use his soap. The post war Tech I use on his birthday, the pre war Tech I use on my birthday and the Super Speed I use on Christmas Day which is when mom gave him that in 1948.

I also have some Open Comb razors I acquired back when I Had The RAD. They are user grade, so I never sold them on the BST. I kept them and used them from time to time during Open Comb OCtober. I'm not using them this year, though. So, also in the drawer. I did take a group pic at some point, though.

Maybe I ought to think about passing those on to others via the BST..... Hmmm..... Keep the Schick as that's in my Dopp Kit and maybe the New Short Comb (which I like better than the Long Comb). Hmmm.....

Anyway, I'm done with any form of shaving AD. I'm back to the same razor every day such as I did in the beginning when Dad gave me his old pre war Tech (and I had only one razor, period). I have been in the year-long restraint every year beginning in 2014. And, I'm in the decade long restraint these days as well, where the rule is buy only when you run out.

I also bought a new brush as RV had a Group Buy for the site Contribs early this year. I need a new pic with that on the sink. The one I show is now under the sink as a spare. Which, I bet I'll never need. ;)

I just ran out of Personna Med Prep blades and ordered another box. I use two blades per month, so I'm good for about four years there. I say about as my wife uses one out of my box of 100 for her razor once in a while, and I can't speak to the frequency which she uses them. One every couple of months I guess.

So, I shall have no need for any further storage or display space than what I have now.

Stan

lasta

Blade Biter
Hi,

Ha!

Nope. I have been at this since 1976. I did get into acquiring too much once I found good old B&B in 2011. Got back out of most of what I acquired in 2014. Except my Fasan double slants. I have two, one is a spare, since they take some time to find.

The metal top cap is the one I use daily, the other is the spare, and both have my own handles on them.

Then there is the heirloom stuff. Won't be getting rid of that, but I've had it all from before I found B&B. Dad passed in 1995. Granpa passed in 1979. So his was my second razor.

So, that's two additional razors which sit in a drawer. The other two are out in view. And the two Old Spice mugs of my Dad's with Old Spice soap still in them. On the days when I use Dad's razor and brush, I also use his soap. The post war Tech I use on his birthday, the pre war Tech I use on my birthday and the Super Speed I use on Christmas Day which is when mom gave him that in 1948.

I also have some Open Comb razors I acquired back when I Had The RAD. They are user grade, so I never sold them on the BST. I kept them and used them from time to time during Open Comb OCtober. I'm not using them this year, though. So, also in the drawer. I did take a group pic at some point, though.

Maybe I ought to think about passing those on to others via the BST..... Hmmm..... Keep the Schick as that's in my Dopp Kit and maybe the New Short Comb (which I like better than the Long Comb). Hmmm.....

Anyway, I'm done with any form of shaving AD. I'm back to the same razor every day such as I did in the beginning when Dad gave me his old pre war Tech (and I had only one razor, period). I have been in the year-long restraint every year beginning in 2014. And, I'm in the decade long restraint these days as well, where the rule is buy only when you run out.

I also bought a new brush as RV had a Group Buy for the site Contribs early this year. I need a new pic with that on the sink. The one I show is now under the sink as a spare. Which, I bet I'll never need. ;)

I just ran out of Personna Med Prep blades and ordered another box. I use two blades per month, so I'm good for about four years there. I say about as my wife uses one out of my box of 100 for her razor once in a while, and I can't speak to the frequency which she uses them. One every couple of months I guess.

So, I shall have no need for any further storage or display space than what I have now.

Stan
Thank you Stan, nothing like reading about heirloom and sentimentality while indulging in our hobbies!

I'm beginning to understand the cyclical nature of RADs. Joined my first GRUME this month and only expecting one more razor to arrive. I already know that it will be something I don't need. Trends are indicating that I'll try to take up soap/cream 3017's next.

Nevertheless, my passion for shaving has since infected daily life, so having a few extras is not always a bad idea. I've gifted 5 razors to those around me over the past year, definitely helps spread the gospel!

About heirlooms, every once in a while, I get a flashback of decades ago when my grandfather offered me his Tech. I was an electric guy then and turned my nose up on the grungy thing...

I would trade every shaving related item I have if I could go back to that day and say yes.

Last edited:
Thank you Stan, nothing like reading about heirloom and sentimentality while indulging in our hobbies!

I'm beginning to understand the cyclical nature of RADs. Joined my first GRUME this months and only expecting one more razor to arrive. I already know that it will be something I don't need. Trends are indicating that I'll try to take up soap/cream 3017's next.

Nevertheless, my passion for shaving has since infected daily life, so having a few extras is not always a bad idea. I've gifted 5 razors to those around me over the past year, definitely helps spread the gospel!

About heirlooms, every once in a while, I get a flashback of decades ago when my grandfather offered me his Tech. I was an electric guy then and turned my nose up on the grungy thing...

I would trade every shaving related item I have if I could go back to that day and say yes.
Hi,

Yep. It's really very nice to have such stuff around still. The Old Type was my Mom's Dad's. I might have something from my Dad's Dad, a couple straight razors, but I don't know for sure. I found them in with my Dad's machine shop toolboxes years after Dad passed away. And Mom didn't know. They might have been something he used for gasket scrapers for all I know. Dad was a toolmaker and also a racer. I am a racer as well and know all about using things in odd ways. :p

So, the best you can do now is recall what he offered you (pre war, post war, silver, gold, etc) and acquire another one. That way you can link it with what you didn't accept and shave with it. You will still recall him when you do, and that's what is important.

I just posted a replacement shot where it shows my new for 22 brush and I moved Dad's Tech and brush over to show it. The older shot had it cropped out. Anyway, if you look closely that Tech is grungy. I kept it as he had left it. So, no seeing the date code, if it has one, for all the soap scum. Heirloom soap scum, baby! Ha! Bet no one has said *that* before.....

Stan

Top Bottom