What's new

ACtober (used to be October) is for AC Platform Razors | Version 1 | 2022

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Welcome to...

1664492589795.png

Yes, it's here at last.

A whole month devoted to the AC platform. As much devoted as you want or as little.

During the month of ACtober, which follows September and comes before November, shaving with AC razors might become somewhat of a tradition for some of us.

Please consider joining in the fun during the month of ACtober 2022.

FeatherSS.Wood.ProTouch.8-31-18.640.JPG

All AC platform razors are welcome. AC slants. AC safety razors. AC barbers razors.

General.640.7-18.JPG
Colonial General (the original)​
Insert your choice of AC platform razor in this space.​
Hawk.AC.SS.DLC.640.8-12-18.JPG

SS DLC Hawk​

During ACtober many gentlemen may find their excuse to learn the beauty of shaving with AC razors and AC blades. It will be a reason for other fellows to explore a part of their single edge collections.

I9-29-22.ATT.X1.Slant.640.JPG

I might try this exciting addition to both my stable of AC platform razors and my stable of slants.

Yes, it's the ATT X1 Slant!​

If this is anything like Slantember there might be a little enabling.

1664496186488.png

ACtober is just for fun.

Rule Number One: There are no rules.

During the month use the AC razors as much or as little as you decide to use them. You can shave with AC razors as frequently or as infrequently as you like.

I might use one AC razor or several. I might use a DE or an injector or an GEM SE or a straight if I feel like it.

ACtober encourages AC razors but nothing is required. No rules!

Everything else - blades, soaps, brushes, splashes, etc. - is totally up for grabs. This is nothing like a Fixed Four.

1664496619423.png

How many AC razors does one need to participate?

1664496702400.png

One AC razor is plenty. Use as many AC razors as you want. Use whatever AC blades you have or try others.

Any and all AC razors are welcome. If you order an AC platform razor today and use it sometime during ACtober that counts big time. Everybody wins with the AC platform.

It's been a very long time since I used my AC razors much. I remember liking them a lot. I'm also a bit leery of them, but I'm going to dive right back in.

1664496872987.png

We Like Photographs!

You are invited to join the ACtober party. You can pop in for a day or a week or the whole month. Post photos or shave reports if you want to. It's all just for fun.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Me and my Hawk v3 will be there. We'll soon be joined by the aluminum Silver Hawk, which is currently on sale at IB for 20, because of course I need a travel AC razor......

I bet there a lot of us who think like that. At least that's what Big Nurse and the rest of the staff at the BOSC asylum think we think.

9-30-22.ATT.X1Slant.CanadaSS.SV.Tortoise.640..JPG

Speaking of which, I jumped the gun this morning, getting started with ACtober prior to the midnight kickoff.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Jim, you have me looking at the ATT X1 slant. I have too many new razors to try at the moment and I really don't need another one. On the other hand, I only have one model of AC razor. I have several of them, as you know by now... but perhaps they are bored with each other's company and would like a distant cousin with whom they can chat.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Jim, you have me looking at the ATT X1 slant. I have too many new razors to try at the moment and I really don't need another one. On the other hand, I only have one model of AC razor. I have several of them, as you know by now... but perhaps they are bored with each other's company and would like a distant cousin with whom they can chat.

Kim, I believe you'd like the X1 a lot.

On the other hand...

Enablers R Us employee of the month.jpg

I have to work very hard to win month after month.

Hope you'll be joining in during ACtober.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Kim, I believe you'd like the X1 a lot.

On the other hand...

View attachment 1531381

I have to work very hard to win month after month.

Hope you'll be joining in during ACtober.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I'll add some shaves here in October. My problem is... I have 6 new DE razors and I succumbed to the Slant environment at the end and ordered the PAA Filament Open Comb Crystal. It's on the way.

That's why I'm resisting the ATT X1 Slant at the moment, but it wouldn't shock me if one showed up before the end of the month. <eg>

I will be posting in here more than anywhere as I am two weeks into the AC honeymoon period.

SOTD: 01/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Proraso Blue Cream
Aftershave: Fine Barber Blue Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

A quick shave this morning as I had to be up and out early. Nothing to report apart from a trouble free damn fine shave.

To sum up my SE experiment so far (aided and abetted by some very kind members) here are my thoughts.

The Occam Enoch is very pretty but too much razor for me.

The Claymore Evolution is a lovely razor and if I didn't have the Hawk v3 I would be happy with it. The Enoch and Evo were kindly loaned to me by a very kind member and will be on their way back on Monday.

From the BST I picked up a mint Hawk v3 which is an absolute keeper for me. I also picked up a Hawk v2 which is more than acceptable and will be used for travelling.

My second favourite SE is the cheap Yaqi Excalibur, cheap and lovely to look at.

So where does this leave the Colonial General. It's not my favourite but will be staying in the rotation because I am determined to master the little bugger.

A2A98524-934F-4350-B569-3483D16A4738.jpeg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Today's shave was much like yesterday's.

10-1-22.ATT.X1.Slant.CanadaSS.SV.Horn.640JPG.JPG

Once again I went with my new ATT X1 Slant, a razor which has worked a treat the two times I used it.

I entered ACtober intending to sometimes use a couple of non-AC razors this month, but I really like this X1. Doesn't mean I won't use the Sailor tomorrow. Doesn't mean I will.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
It may not be possible to combine all the shaving events into just one razor, but I gotcher "three-fer." :)

My (now) one-and-only safety AC razor is the ATT X1. So I've got SLANTember, SEptember and ACtober covered off.

I was gonna use part of October to kill off the rest of the AC blade I used last month in the RR Hawk V3SB and the ATT X1. I'm still doing that, but now it's an event!

Starting Monday...

O.H.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
ACtober 2022
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTS 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221001_210804~2.jpg

Great kit! :thumbup:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11951213

SOTD: 02/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3 With Titanium Halo Handle
Blade: Feather Professional, 1st use
Brush: Razorock Italian Barber Synthetic
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Nice and easy Sunday shave. No issues, no worries.

It's the start of autumn here so it's off out for some autumn macro photography in the woods smelling all swish with Autumn Ash.

04532591-746E-4B53-8BF5-EC6EB03500EF.jpeg

Mon 3 ACtober
Soap Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Straight Razor
Blade KAI Capt. Titan Mild Protouch MG 5th use
Aftershave B&M Seville Splash
A beautifully scented soap with excellent lather qualities whip up by the wonderfully stout brush.
A very easy enjoyable shave with this razor paired with my most liked AC blade. Silky smooth and efficient. I only have 2 of these blades courtesy of a forum member and as such, this blade is precious and used very sparingly. 3passes for a dfs+ result...
20221003_110744.jpg

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
ACtober 2022
20221002_210919~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221002_211009~2.jpg

Superb top tier AC blade razor! :thumbup:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11952434

Top Bottom