What's new

Shavemac Finest vs Shavemac silvertip 2 band

For those of you who have used both Shavemac fInest and Shavemac silvertip 2 band brushes (fan knots), could you please compare and contrast these 2 types of hair (face feel, backbone, overall performance, etc)? Thanks

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
For those of you who have used both Shavemac fInest and Shavemac silvertip 2 band brushes (fan knots), could you please compare and contrast these 2 types of hair (face feel, backbone, overall performance, etc)? Thanks
First of all, the Finest grade is not longer available. Shavemac decided to drop the grade about 3 years ago. I really liked this hair grade. It was a mix of their three band standard silvertip hair (not D01 hair), i.e. very soft hair, and the old three band pure to give backbone. It was very consistent and very much the same as the best grade of Simpson. The two-band silvertip has more backbone and might be also a tad more dense than the finest grade. Wish the Finest was still offered, it was a super value for the money.

I *think* I have finest in one brush (warranty repair....long story) and I've had three with two-band.

The first two-band was made by Rudy Vey. A lot of backbone, but very soft tips and comfortable. I sold that one as I'd ordered it a bit too small. The second one had less backbone, but also soft and worked great. The third on was in-between on backbone, but I found it a bit scritchy. Many people wouldn't, but, you know, delicate N European skin in the gene pool...

The finest is great. I thought it was silvertip for the longest time. It doesn't have a tone of backbone, but it is very comfy to use. One of my fav brushes and one of only three I kept after completing the usual, buy everything to try, but only keep a few.

First of all, the Finest grade is not longer available. Shavemac decided to drop the grade about 3 years ago. I really liked this hair grade. It was a mix of their three band standard silvertip hair (not D01 hair), i.e. very soft hair, and the old three band pure to give backbone. It was very consistent and very much the same as the best grade of Simpson. The two-band silvertip has more backbone and might be also a tad more dense than the finest grade. Wish the Finest was still offered, it was a super value for the money.
My finest knot that you set is one of my softest feeling brushes without any chemical alteration of the hair. My opinion is the Simpson best grade is significantly scrubbier than the Shavemac finest grade. Not saying one or the other is better- i love them both. I'd buy another finest grade if i could- i think its the perfect knot for a daily shaver- probably not so much if you've got a tough beard with some days of growth.

Reactions: cf1

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
My finest knot that you set is one of my softest feeling brushes without any chemical alteration of the hair. My opinion is the Simpson best grade is significantly scrubbier than the Shavemac finest grade. Not saying one or the other is better- i love them both. I'd buy another finest grade if i could- i think its the perfect knot for a daily shaver- probably not so much if you've got a tough beard with some days of growth.
Believe me, I wish it would be still offered. It was a great value for the money.

Top Bottom