What's new

Jays Journal

9-19-22 21:45
Quick 2 pass before work.
RR DE Nacet 3rd
Facelather WTP green
Brut followed with Nivea sensitive cool.
Feels fine no burn from a/s
DFS for me.
20220919_224843.jpg

Last edited:
9-20-22, 22:20
Woke up tonight to a package.
Slept in a bit so no time for a shave tonight.
20220920_221129.jpg

RR Gamechanger .68-p
Barrister & Mann "42"
Arko
And my first boar brush.
The goodfellas smile "The Hog"
I have no idea if its a good brush or not but gonna give it a go. Price was right so...

9-21-22 09:00
First shave with the RR Gamechanger .68p
Treet platinum 2nd
WTP Green lathered with new and first boar brush.
Lather was not as good as normal, I have only used plissoft brushes. Got thru 3 passes without any irritation. I think I like the Gamechanger better then the Henson. Just enough blade feel to stop me from using much if any pressure.

First DFS ++ almost BBS shave I have had without redness!!
Forgot the picture

9-21-22 09:00
First shave with the RR Gamechanger .68p
Treet platinum 2nd
WTP Green lathered with new and first boar brush.
Lather was not as good as normal, I have only used plissoft brushes. Got thru 3 passes without any irritation. I think I like the Gamechanger better then the Henson. Just enough blade feel to stop me from using much if any pressure.

First DFS ++ almost BBS shave I have had without redness!!
Forgot the picture
I've been considering the same RR Game Changer. Looking forward to reading more about how it shaves.

9-22-22, 09:30
Gamechanger;Astra blue(1) first 2 passes.
Henson mild;RK(1) finalpass
RR Blue barbershop bowl lathered with keyhole plissoft
A/S: Emperor splash then Nivea
20220922_095223.jpg

Got some burning and mild irritation on my neck. Pretty sure the weight of the henson is making me push too hard. Switch out the handle for an RR HD. Will see if the extra weight helps. The Astra stainless was very smooth in the GC!

Whiskey is Monkey Shoulder.

Not much to report for the week. Had a coldsore in the corner of my mouth and then got smacked in the chin at work. Didnt shave till today.

10-1-22
Super quick 2 pass
Henson AL13+ with RR Bulldog handle
Nacet (1)
RR Blue barbershop
RR XXX aftershave
Not bbs but still a damn good shave considering almost a weeks growth.

Well sheesh kind of got distracted (happens) from this. Need to get more disciplined about keeping track of things. No real big changes. Taking part in the Shave of the Week...considering expanding that to same hardware for the week but using the same soap for several weeks or up to a month at a time.

11-12-22:
Razor: Tech, Nacet(1)
Soap: RR XXX
Brush: Keyhole
A/S: none
2 pass DFS++ what a nice close smooth shave lather was fantastic. Great outcome, the Missus even commented how smooth and non irritated my neck was!! Out for the evening at a little farewell get-together with some neighbors to have drinks and BBQ. One neighbor spends winters in Florida, he is a big part of our little neighborhood.

11-13-22:
No shave, we went grocery shopping, made a meal and decided to spend the afternoon/evening watching a couple movies. Very nice.

11-14-22:
Razor: Tech, Nacet(2)
A/S: Nivea balm
2 pass, missed on the first pass lather(bit dry) second pass much smoother. Overall shave not great but OK.

11-15-22:
Razor: Gamechanger 68 Nacet(3)
A/S: XXX splash
Lather was much better today but both passes felt a bit rough and left a slight bit of tingle/sting. Almost seemed like the blade was done which is strange. Usually get 6 or 7 goes with a Nacet.

Once the November GRUME is done considering getting a slant for my Christmas gift. Research here I come. Parker semi slant is looking good, price is reasonable and available.

11-16-22

Razor: GC 68 Nacet(4)
Soap: XXX (91.00g)
A/S: XXX splash

Took my time and really focused on getting my lather well hydrated. Results were much better, blade didnt feel tuggy like yesterday. Did 2 normal passes and then tried a little diagonal stroke on my neck...might not be worth it. Definitely felt the splash. Weighed my soap tub before loading the brush 91.00gram. Curious of my usage.

11-17-22
Was looking like a no shave day today, felt wiped out after work and was in bed before 10am.
The missus was tired and went to bed early tonight so, I managed to get a shave in before work. Also have decided to go back to bowl lathering for the near future.

Pre: Pears glycerin soap
Razor: GC 68 Nacet(5)
Soap: XXX (88.84g)
Brush: RR The Bruce
A/S: Pinaud Clubman

Simple 2 pass, no shower first just a wash with Pears soap. CCS with zero irritation. Did not need any aftershave, I just wanted to. Would seem the troubles I thought were the blade were lather issues. Bowl might be best for now.

11-19-22

Used the Gamechanger .84 baseplate today. Was a good shave, the HD handle is not right for this razor.
RR Mudder Focker...oh my. What a fantastic soap, great performance, fantastic scent, and so moisturizing I did not need aftershave. Fantastic!
Razor: Gamechanger 84sb HD handle
Blade: Nacet(1)
Soap: RR Mudder Focker
Brush: Omega 10019 boar
Edit to add scooped out 1gram of soap...was way more then needed for 2.5 passes. Will use half tomorrow

Last edited:
11-19-22

Used the Gamechanger .84 baseplate today. Was a good shave, the HD handle is not right for this razor.
RR Mudder Focker...oh my. What a fantastic soap, great performance, fantastic scent, and so moisturizing I did not need aftershave. Fantastic!
Razor: Gamechanger 84sb HD handle
Blade: Nacet(1)
Soap: RR Mudder Focker
Brush: Omega 10019 boar
Edit to add scooped out 1gram of soap...was way more then needed for 2.5 passes. Will use half tomorrow

I agree 100% with this whole shave!

The HD handle is too much for the GameChanger. I'm waiting on the next ItalianBarber sale (maybe friday? we'll see) to pickup a RR thin vintage handle for mine. I had a chance to try one and it seems like a big improvment on the HD for sure. I also just got a RR UFO handle I need to try out, it's still pretty big but smaller than the HD.

I also have Mudder Focker and LOVE it. It's a great scent and the post-shave feel is just fantastic. Its been a go to fall/winter soap for me this year. I think it outstanding for the price.

I agree 100% with this whole shave!

The HD handle is too much for the GameChanger. I'm waiting on the next ItalianBarber sale (maybe friday? we'll see) to pickup a RR thin vintage handle for mine. I had a chance to try one and it seems like a big improvment on the HD for sure. I also just got a RR UFO handle I need to try out, it's still pretty big but smaller than the HD.

I also have Mudder Focker and LOVE it. It's a great scent and the post-shave feel is just fantastic. Its been a go to fall/winter soap for me this year. I think it outstanding for the price.
I have both the UFO and the vintage style thin. I think the Thin is my favorite but the UFO is pretty nice.

No shave on Sunday.

Had time before work tonight. Thin BAR handle on the Gamechanger for the win. Wife came in partway through and commented on the Mudder Focker scent another win!

Top Bottom