What's new

Fatip razor (pros & cons)

Great review and fabulous info! I am awaiting my Fatip slant order from Amazon.it. Shipping wound up costing more than the razor! If anyone has a local (USA) source for these, I'd be most appreciative! Was looking at the one for sale here as of 9/18, (exactly the model I paid $40 more for LOL) but haven't been a member of B&B long enough to jump on it. I have an order in for my second new slant (a Rex Konsul XL, went all the way with the Rhodium upgrade) from Matt at R.E. The 15% deal they have running now turns out to be a very NICE discount at those prices! Would have liked the advertised Fatip here as a spare, such a good looking razor, I'll prob showcase my new one. Glad to know they have some cool reviews! Thank you!

Great review and fabulous info! I am awaiting my Fatip slant order from Amazon.it. Shipping wound up costing more than the razor! If anyone has a local (USA) source for these, I'd be most appreciative! Was looking at the one for sale here as of 9/18, (exactly the model I paid $40 more for LOL) but haven't been a member of B&B long enough to jump on it. I have an order in for my second new slant (a Rex Konsul XL, went all the way with the Rhodium upgrade) from Matt at R.E. The 15% deal they have running now turns out to be a very NICE discount at those prices! Would have liked the advertised Fatip here as a spare, such a good looking razor, I'll prob showcase my new one. Glad to know they have some cool reviews! Thank you!
That's great that you ordered one!
USA stores:

Between those 3 stores you should be able to find all the models (including the IL Grosso).

LRod

Looking forward for your feedback, Fatip slants are beautiful indeed, unfortunatelly don't have one yet. Feel so sorry for US guys, in Europe it can be bought for as low as 15 eur for Piccolo up to 30 eur for special versions, wood, grosso, slants... still worth the money imho.

My go-to shops are yourshaving.com and giftsandcare.com maybe it could be worth checking shipping rates? They often got some discounts I'm checking out frequently ☺️

shaving.ie might be ok as well being Ireland company, for shipping to both mainlands. They shipp to my SouthEast Europe residence bit more expensive compared to Spain companies (beats me how the freight cost is calculated)

Looking forward for your feedback, Fatip slants are beautiful indeed, unfortunatelly don't have one yet. Feel so sorry for US guys, in Europe it can be bought for as low as 15 eur for Piccolo up to 30 eur for special versions, wood, grosso, slants... still worth the money imho.

My go-to shops are yourshaving.com and giftsandcare.com maybe it could be worth checking shipping rates? They often got some discounts I'm checking out frequently ☺️

shaving.ie might be ok as well being Ireland company, for shipping to both mainlands. They shipp to my SouthEast Europe residence bit more expensive compared to Spain companies (beats me how the freight cost is calculated)
Thank you! Yes, it's nice to have access to some European culture and class! Even with CD's/DVD's/media etc., it's always been an issue and our USPS and US customs are SO incredibly bad. Since 2020, they now blame Covid for the awful service they have been providing since I can remember. The only benefit about ordering and overpaying for shipping through Amazon (insert location here ie, co uk, it, jp) is they somehow have an unexplainable express route through customs. Nothing ever gets delayed, or ripped apart like a standard intl. order. Purchased a Japanese (modifiable) version of a USA intentionally crippled HD Walkman a few months ago, and received it in 3 days. I will definitely check out those sites and appreciate the response!

That's great that you ordered one!
USA stores:

Between those 3 stores you should be able to find all the models (including the IL Grosso).

LRod
Yes! Excited to try out what looks like a magnificent razor!!! I can see the collectors market eating these up! Bellissimo! I will try the USA stores as I'd like to give the "Grosso" a go. Cheers and thanks again!!!

Fatips are great. And the testina gentile is ingeniously made because it is not a traditional closed comb, it is not even a scalloped one, it is a mixture of a closed comb and an open comb. The upper half of the comb is practically an open comb, the lower half is a closed comb. That is why if feels gentle but I can manage to shave a 1 week beard with it. I can't really feel the blade but what I feel is the upper teeth from the "open comb". There seems to be no blade exposure but i don't have the tools to really measure that, but the fact that the upper half of the comb is an "open comb" exposes the blade inside of the comb if that makes sense. That makes Testina Gentile very gentle and efficient in the same time. Great razor.

IMG_20230411_212814.jpg

missing link is here.... 🤗

Top Bottom