What's new

Stirling Syndicate

20220913_184410-01-01.jpeg

Very nice...

It's hard to not amass a shelf full of Stirling soaps, I'm having to try hard not to buy full size jars of everything I might like. I'd like to use up my current supply before investing in different scents. I settled on a middle ground and ordered some sample pucks of Executive Man, Evie and Hot Apple Cider.
On another note, what would y'all do if there's no balm to go with a particular scent? Evie for example, it has a splash but I'm not a fan of splashes. Though I do have some of Stirling's unscented balm.

For me, finding scents I like is tough. Thankfully Stirling offers their soaps in sample size. But since Stirling offers so many scents, even sampling them can rack up a substantial cost. Even so, I highly recommend buying samples before you buy a tub. Or better yet, buy the unscented soap and sample the different scents through their aftershave samples.
I ended up going with unscented with beeswax and it's lovely. Feels lighter than the Deep Blue Sea (maybe a different formulation or batch?). It has no smell except maybe a hint of beeswax.

I ended up going with unscented with beeswax and it's lovely. Feels lighter than the Deep Blue Sea (maybe a different formulation or batch?). It has no smell except maybe a hint of beeswax.
I use both "Unscented with Beeswax" and "Naked and Smooth." I may not be able to pick up on subtle differences, but both seem to perform equally well. For some reason, the unscented Stirling gives me an uplifting feeling -- no scent distraction, just me and the shave. Good choice.

Believe me it's real tempting. Trying to use up most of what I have first.

On another note, regarding Stirling's pre-shave soap, while it does a great job softening and slicking up my face, it also slickens up my hands despite generous rinsing. Dropping a razor once is already too much, I'm not getting another pre-shave bar once this one runs out.

Also I'd recommend Stirling's Pink Clay facial soap. It floods my bathroom with a faint yet pleasing odor and leaves my skin smooth all day.

1CDD58DF-36EC-4B28-B69A-E168FCE660B0.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser w/ Hyaluronic Acid (fragrance free) for face wash used with a Clarisonic Mia Men

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit w/ safety bar (no lather drains) base plate (prototype)
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man balm
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

I pulled out my Stirling Soap Company Ramblin' Man soap today as I love its scent and miss it. This one is a true favorite of mine across all of soap offerings I have. I really think a lot of men are missing out on this one. Don't sleep on this stuff guys.

Top Bottom