What's new

First SE Injector shave with an E1(?)…thoughts.

Well I finally had a shave with a Schick Injector.
I got what I think is an E1 in the case, and it came with an original Injector and a second more well-used razor, possibly an E2.
Being a DE shaver for years, I wanted to try a Schick to compare the experience.
I know there will be a learning curve with these, and I had to inject a vintage blade since my new blades aren’t in yet, so I’m sure these will be factors. 😉
The E feels very aggressive. Gives a very good close shave but is aggressive to the point of being a little rough.
Holding the blade flat to the face helps this a lot, but not entirely.
It felt very light in the hand compared to any of my DE razors so the tendency is to put pressure on it, but this wasn’t necessary at all.
I tried an L1 on part of my face and it was much milder and more forgiving, quite pleasant to use, but not as effective (again, a new blade might fix that). 😉
I really like the L1 as it is as pleasant to use as my Tech.
I will give the E some time too, just to see if my technique improves. The quality of shave is certainly great on that one. 😃
No nicks or cuts, but I could feel that it would be easily possible if one wasn’t careful.
It will be fun to see if I can get acquainted with these. 😊
7E90DFEA-8642-4D9A-885B-2C109FCCCF60.jpeg

E5CE6D43-0C6D-4424-940B-8AACF40BB8BE.jpeg

a93f487a-0370-4bf6-8016-c881fe43b5ec-jpeg.1511158

FA1F3B91-4415-470D-97EF-E7A28D004991.jpeg

Attachments

• A93F487A-0370-4BF6-8016-C881FE43B5EC.jpeg
    A93F487A-0370-4BF6-8016-C881FE43B5EC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Even though I am(was) crazy enough to use a vintage blade of unknown provenance, that is definitely a carbon steel blade. And that means the roughness was from edge deterioration. You can try to strop it, but please don't get cut shaving with it.

Get a new blade and the shave will be so much better. Schicks are wonderful shavers and not hard to learn. Put the face of the razor flat on your face. Tilt up a hair and you're good to go. I have many vintage razor blade holders and injectors but I'd never try to shave with one. Ouch!

Dave's got it covered! But the Canadian models sometimes didn't fit the letter scheme that was not from the factory but as I understand it the whim of a hobbyist .. Appleby right?
Yes I have another Canadian model on its way and I may start a thread to help us combine our knowledge of these razors. It appears that the Canadian operation continued to produce E models after 1946.

Here is an E2, note the tabs on the spring.
View attachment 1511317

Here is a G1, see, no tabs.

View attachment 1511316
I am guessing that the OP's razor has two patent dates on the underside and is a G1. I bet the case came with the E2 he mentioned.
Exactly. @Retroman1969 mentioned in his OP that there were '2' razors he has snagged.

Mine just came today, it was waiting after a bloody awful day dealing with contractors etc, so I was not arsed to post pics tonight, cracking several beers has topped my priority list at this moment.

Thanks to @Whiterook I can positively ID mine as a Canadian E2.

It has exactly the same speckled brownish case as in photo #2 of the OP, except mine has the addition of 'Made In Canada' embossed on the inside bottom right of the case. Oddly it also has a plain outside bottom with no guarantee statement or date as in OP photo #3. I am assuming this was a feature of the Canadian razors.

It has a 20 blade magazine, also marked '20 Blades', 'Schick Injector' with 'Injector' in that distinctive stylised font. and the magazine is also marked 'Patent Pending, Made In Canada' It appears to have all blades loaded, although I may be wrong. It is loaded though, and damn heavy, way more than the razor, which is very light and delicate.

The bottom Rivet ring has 'Schick Injector' stamped around it, with 'Injector' in the same stylised font as the case and magazine.

It has those 2 'ears' and the bottom head is stamped 'Patent 1937 Made In Canada'. To the right of the rivet head it is stamped 'Insert Key'
The handle is more butterscotch than yellow. It appears to have no seam.

I will post pics on the other current Schick thread tomorrow. I believe I have an E2 Canadian.

I'm guessing that the speckled brown case is a match for the E2, and that this is a complete E2 Canadian set.

Last edited:
Exactly. @Retroman1969 mentioned in his OP that there were '2' razors he has snagged.

Mine just came today, it was waiting after a bloody awful day dealing with contractors etc, so I was not arsed to post pics tonight, cracking several beers has topped my priority list at this moment.

Thanks to @Whiterook I can positively ID mine as a Canadian E2.

It has exactly the same speckled brownish case as in photo #1 of the OP, except mine has the addition of 'Made In Canada' embossed on the inside bottom right of the case. Oddly it also has a plain bottom with no guarantee statement or date. I am assuming this was a feature of the Canadian razors.

It has a 20 blade magazine, also marked '20 Blades', 'Schick Injector' with 'Injector' in that distinctive stylised font. and the magazine is also marked 'Patent Pending, Made In Canada' It appears to have all blades loaded, although I may be wrong. It is loaded though.

The bottom Rivet ring has 'Schick Injector' stamped around it, with 'Injector' in the same stylised font as the case and magazine.

It has those 2 'ears' and the bottom head is stamped 'Patent 1937 Made In Canada'. To the right of the rivet head it is stamped 'Insert Key'
The handle is more butterscotch than yellow. It appears to have no seam.

I will post pics on the other current Schick thread tomorrow. I believe I have an E2 Canadian.
One last item, the E2 has a smooth safety bar, and the E3 has grooves in it.
I hope this helps Simon. Me, I'm going for a neat bourbon this evenng.

One last item, the E2 has a smooth safety bar, and the E3 has grooves in it.
I hope this helps Simon. Me, I'm going for a neat bourbon this evenng.
Smooth safety bar. Check. I intially mistook use lines for factory serrations. It has been well-used, but was very well looked after.

I am assuming the razor is meant to be stored 'upside down' in the case. It seems to fit perfectly in the case indentation that way.

A complete Canadian E2 set is a nice score. You made my day!

Enjoy Dave! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Thank you for the input guys! I know so little about these I definitely need a little educating on them. 😉
To clear things up, It is two different razors pictured above.
The one in the case (the case is marked 1940) has side tabs on the spring and no seam on the handle.
The loose one that I cleaned up and used this morning has no side tabs on the spring and has a seam on the handle.
I’ll have to look in the morning to see if either is marked “Canada” anywhere. The one in the case is marked Schick Injector and the other is marked Eversharp Schick. 😉
I also appreciate the heads-up on the blade…I sort of figured the blade may not be up to snuff, but since it was “fresh out of the dispenser” I thought I’d give it a shot. The brand new yellow-card Schick blades are supposed to be in Saturday, and I’ll give it another whirl then! 😉😃

Thank you for the input guys! I know so little about these I definitely need a little educating on them. 😉
To clear things up, It is two different razors pictured above.
The one in the case (the case is marked 1940) has side tabs on the spring and no seam on the handle.
The loose one that I cleaned up and used this morning has no side tabs on the spring and has a seam on the handle.
I’ll have to look in the morning to see if either is marked “Canada” anywhere. The one in the case is marked Schick Injector and the other is marked Eversharp Schick. 😉
I also appreciate the heads-up on the blade…I sort of figured the blade may not be up to snuff, but since it was “fresh out of the dispenser” I thought I’d give it a shot. The brand new yellow-card Schick blades are supposed to be in Saturday, and I’ll give it another whirl then! 😉😃
I was dickering around with mine tonight and I damn near accidently loaded a vintage blade into it from the mag.

First experience with these injector magazines and I am impressed! Very clever design.

It was out about a quarter of the way but I managed to retract the loader handle to rear and push the blade back with some thick cardboard.

It was not in the razor head luckily, I was just messing with the magazine. However I nearly put the key in.

From YT vids I have seen, when you load a new blade the old one flies out with a ping sound. Sounded like your old M1 Garand clip ejecting.

Great fun! I have not decided on what blades to get yet, so may take a couple of weeks if I get the yellow Chicks from the States. Connault would be quicker but it's a different blade.

I don't know which type is best.

Last edited:
PS: I checked, and both marked “Made In USA”. 😉
I am puzzled now. The package clearly is marked 'Made in Sweden.'

Can anyone clarify their origins?

I am uninterested as to what the blades national origin is, as the chicks appear to be Chinese (great reports) the Connault Personnas US (great reports from many) or these apparently Swedish vintage blades (recommended by an experienced brother shaver)

Last edited:
Top Bottom