What's new

Soap Of The Month Club (SOTMC)

Completed June with Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo..
Entering July with Simpsons shaving cream.

IMG_20220701_081757228_HDR.jpg

Attempts:10
Completions: 9
Fails: none
Soaps Used: Tabac - Proraso red - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo
Soaps finished during a month: 0
Months skipped in total: 0
Consecutive months: 9

Again, fewer shaves than expected in the month, so I still have both Stirling and Omega. I will continue to work through it for July. If I can kill the combo, I'll move on to Arko in anticipation of Arko August.

Soap: Stirling Orange Chill + Omega Eucalyptus
Attempts:4
Completions:3
Fails:0
Consecutive months:3
Months skipped:0
Soaps Used: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus

Sorry for the late reply. Success in June with Arko.
Entering in July with Proraso Green soap.

Attempts: 48
Completions: 46
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x13, T&H Sandalwood soap x4, GFT Spanish leather, GFT Eucris soap x6, GFT Violet soap x3, Proraso Green soap x3, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 3, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream x3, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Study, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Queen Charlotte's Irish Tweed x2, Arko Soap, Proraso Blue, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange, Arko Shave Cream.

Soaps finished during a month: 7 (Truefitt & Hill Rose, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Queen Charlotte's Green Irish Tweed, and Tabac)

Months skipped in total: 38 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019), June to September 2019, November 2019 to December 2020

*I always have more lather than I need and I hate to waste it; I also don't want to have soap build-up in the pipes. At the end of the shave, I squeeze the extra lather out of the brush and into an Old Spice mug; any big drips/slops during the shave go in, too. Over time, this builds up layers as I've rotated through soaps. Occasionally, I add some water and stir, and it eventually compacts and coalesces into some sort of soap...thing. I've done this before, using this as my "puck", and I'll say one thing: it doesn't look pretty in there! Hence, the name. However, since (most of) the soaps that gave lather to this mug are quality soaps - Arko, Tabac, Stirling, etc. - the melange works well, giving a slick lather with a complex scent that changes as I hit different layers.
Whoa! What an INTERESTING mess! I emphasize the word INTERESTING. :lemo:
I don't want clogged pipes either but I just squeeze the excess soap in a trash can.
I DO appreciate your ecological and frugal intent. Who knows, your "complex" formulation may be a Best In Show winner. :letterk1:

Success in July with Fine L'Orange Noir and I'm in for August with the same soap. It is almost finished, so I think it will not see the end of the month 😁

SOTM_2022-08.jpg

Attempts: 4
Completions: 3
Fails: 0
Soaps used: Fine Classic L'Orange Noir (x3), Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Months skipped in total: 2
Consecutive months: 1

Completed July with Simpsons shaving cream...
Entering August with the same Simpsons shaving cream untill finished.
After this La Toja shaving stick...

IMG_20220801_082417081_HDR (1).jpg

Attempts:11
Completions: 10
Soaps Used: Tabac - Proraso red - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream -
Consecutive months: 10

I got "close enough" to the end of the Stirling, so the tailings went into the Mug. On to Arko for Arko August.

Soap: Arko (+ Omega Eucalyptus on occasion to finish it off)
Attempts:5
Completions:4
Consecutive months:4
Months skipped:0
Soaps Used: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill

In for Aug 2022

Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver

Attempts: 73
( DR Harris Arlington, B&M Fougere Aromatique, Blades Grim Smolder, SCS Soap for Hope, WSO Coconut Lime, Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge, Valobra Fougere, LASS Hollywood Romance, Floris Verbena Stick, Estoril Shave Cream, DR Harris Arlington, Mitchell Wool Fat, Valobra Regular, DR Harris Arlington, Mondial Tobacco Verde, Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver )

Completions: 73
Fails: 0
Months skipped:7
Consecutive month:0

Success in July with Proraso Green soap.
Entering in for August with Italian Barber Amici soap

Attempts: 49
Completions: 47
Fails: 2 (July 2015, August 2016)

Soaps Used: Tabac soap x13, T&H Sandalwood soap x4, GFT Spanish leather, GFT Eucris soap x6, GFT Violet soap x3, Proraso Green soap x4, Spieck cream x2, TOBS Avocado cream x 2, Truefitt & Hill rose cream x 3, Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream x3, Dr. Harris Marlborough soap, Midnight & Two's The Study, Col. Conk Bay Rum, Queen Charlotte's Irish Tweed x2, Arko Soap, Proraso Blue, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Great Canadian Shave Co. Lavender, Stirling Black Cumin & Orange, Arko Shave Cream.

Soaps finished during a month: 7 (Truefitt & Hill Rose, Henri et Victoria Cuban Cigar, Stirling Black Cumin, Fendrihan's Sandalwood & Lavender, Barrister & Mann Leviathan, Queen Charlotte's Green Irish Tweed, and Tabac)

Months skipped in total: 38 (February & March 2016, November 2016 to August 2017, April 2018, & July 2018 to January 2019), June to September 2019, November 2019 to December 2020

And the Simpsons shaving cream is finished.
La Toja shaving stick for the rest of the month, and august as well...

Attempts:11
Completions: 10
Soaps Used: Tabac - Proraso red - Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - Extro Cosmesi 17° Stormo - RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore - TFS Dracaris - Barrister and Mann Bay Rum - Goodfellas' Smile Amber Fougere - Barbiere de Figaro Esclusivo - Simpsons shaving cream (1.74) - La Toja shaving stick.
Soaps finished during a month: 1 (Simpsons shaving cream)
Consecutive months: 10

I'll be on vacation for a week in September, which means I need something that can travel. I'll use Haslinger Honig in The Mug when I'm at home and take Arko for the trip, sooo...

Soap::(
Completions:5
Consecutive months:5
Months skipped: 1 (Sep 2022)
Soaps Finished: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill

I'll be on vacation for a week in September, which means I need something that can travel. I'll use Haslinger Honig in The Mug when I'm at home and take Arko for the trip, sooo...

Soap::(
Completions:5
Consecutive months:5
Months skipped: 1 (Sep 2022)
Soaps Finished: Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus, Stirling Orange Chill
You could transfer some of the Haslinger to a twist-up tube and use it as a soap stick for travel.

Top Bottom