What's new

Which Old Spice soap should I use - 1970's or 1950's?

Which Old Spice Soap should I use 1970's or 1950's?
I was lucky enough to win two mug n' soap combinations on the Bay today - one from the 70's, and one from the 50's.

These are the items:

1970's Old Spice soap

1950's Old Spice soap and aftershave

So my question is... which one should I use, and which one should I save for my boy? Do you think the 40's stuff will be any good any more? Is the older mug better somehow? Is the older SOAP better somehow?

Thanks for your experience and suggestions, fellas.
Edit/Delete Message

Having scored and used a few pucks I can say that it shouldn't really matter. The newer puck may have a little scent left to it and that's a good thing.

Either puck will give you gobs of tallowy, creamy lather that will make you wonder why on earth they stopped making it.

I have a few pucks of the old Old Spice soap and the scent is gone, but the lathering performance is fantastic. Also feels rather moisterizing, too. Don't know why they stopped making this stuff (actually, I do, the market dried up). Not enough wet shavers!

having scored and used a few pucks i can say that it shouldn't really matter. The newer puck may have a little scent left to it and that's a good thing.

Either puck will give you gobs of tallowy, creamy lather that will make you wonder why on earth they stopped making it.

+1.

H

Hanzo

I bought the same set from Hockeybob Easter Sunday for 12.50 on ebay. I was monitoring this one to see if I could snag it for the same price, theorizing his shoddy description and this being another Sunday would keep high bidders guessing and away from MY second Old Spice set . Then I saw some swell had bid it up to $31 and there went my dream. Thanks man. Seriously though enjoy it.:001_smile

I have a few pucks of the old Old Spice soap and the scent is gone, but the lathering performance is fantastic. Also feels rather moisterizing, too. Don't know why they stopped making this stuff (actually, I do, the market dried up). Not enough wet shavers!

Having scored and used a few pucks I can say that it shouldn't really matter. The newer puck may have a little scent left to it and that's a good thing.

What they said. I also have a few pucks of this stuff. One has no scent and the other is still reasonably strong. They both shave wonderfully. Really good soap.

Which Old Spice Soap should I use 1970's or 1950's?
I was lucky enough to win two mug n' soap combinations on the Bay today - one from the 70's, and one from the 50's.

These are the items:

1970's Old Spice soap

1950's Old Spice soap and aftershave

So my question is... which one should I use, and which one should I save for my boy? Do you think the 40's stuff will be any good any more? Is the older mug better somehow? Is the older SOAP better somehow?

Thanks for your experience and suggestions, fellas.
Edit/Delete Message

I think I'd take the 70's soap, and put it in the 50's mug! I've got the 70's soap (and mug) and it's great! It even has some of the scent left. But that 50's mug is definitely a bit harder to find.

Top Bottom