What's new

Vincent AC blades

I did some searching and found very little on the Vincent VT306B blades. They are AC blades, and inexpensive as fast as AC blades go. Willing to try them for science. I ordered a 50 pack from an auction site and am anxiously awaiting for them to arrive.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Mentioned in this thread:
From a couple years ago:

Thanks. I also read a review, I don't think it was on this forum, where the user liked them. I'm not too worried, I'm one of the few who like Treet Black Beauty blades, lol

Well, my mileage didn't vary. They sucked. Second in shaving discomfort only to the infamous Flying Eagle DE blade. They lasted about 3 or 4 inches of shaving before I binned the blade
Lesson learned. There's nothing wrong with Schick Proline, Kai or Feather blades that some off brand rebranded China blade can improve upon.
To be honest, I didn't know where they were made, I was secretly hoping they were made in South Korea and were rebranded Dorcos, but alas, they are not.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
There's nothing wrong with Schick Proline, Kai or Feather blades that some off brand rebranded China blade can improve upon.

I don’t know where ProShave S blades are made, but am slightly interested in trying them and Dorco S blades. Daydream as Schick Proline blades last quite a while.

I was secretly hoping they were made in South Korea and were rebranded Dorcos, but alas, they are not.

Hidden gems are the best gems. I think these are more like pearl oysters from AliExpress: all of the fun of searching liberally doused with formaldehyde. A tortured metaphor as these are merely thinnish, dull AC -format blades at lowish prices.

I have heard good things about the Dorco AC blades, but my google-fu shows the only reasonable source is Maggards. I am not opposed to a bulk order of them but the shipping I have found from S Korea is astronomical. Even searching Amazon, Ebay, UK and EU shaving sites come up with nothing. Dorcos website doesn't even show them so I'm guessing they may be out of production.

Top Bottom