What's new

INFO! Requesting your input

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'll echo Price, Issac, Kelly and others when I say the biggest draw for me is having the chance to own a unique piece from a well known and respected pipe artisan. They are expensive, but cheap relatively speaking in my opinion. Thats my biggest draw. It stinks that we can't have the B&B branding...I agree with Hirsute even though I am relatively new to the tradition, it has a long history here and it would be a shame to see that go away.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nix the B&B branding and go with a group buy next year. It will make things 100x easier.

Leave it to Joel/Nick to produce the B&B branded items going forward.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I agree with @Hirsute. I probably would have passed on a couple of the B&B LEs if they weren't so branded. Glad I bought them, wished I'd bought others. Going forward, if there is no B&B stamping, I'll be much more critical as to the style of the pipe and the cost. I don't need any more pipes, I should probably get rid of a few dozen. But I will look forward to future group buy opportunities, with or without the B&B stamp. Going forward, I would like to see a few more traditional shapes, I'm not the biggest fan of short stubby pipes, we've had plenty of those. I'd love to see a traditional, but unique Zulu.

I agree with @Hirsute. I probably would have passed on a couple of the B&B LEs if they weren't so branded. Glad I bought them, wished I'd bought others. Going forward, if there is no B&B stamping, I'll be much more critical as to the style of the pipe and the cost. I don't need any more pipes, I should probably get rid of a few dozen. But I will look forward to future group buy opportunities, with or without the B&B stamp. Going forward, I would like to see a few more traditional shapes, I'm not the biggest fan of short stubby pipes, we've had plenty of those. I'd love to see a traditional, but unique Zulu.
You had me at Zulu. My favorite pipe shape, yet somehow, I only have one.

Was in agreeance 100% with this until you said zulu :lol:

I buy they pipe every year because it's a tie to this community and it totes a little bit of exclusivisty. As long as those factors remain in some way, I am probably always in. If it turned into an unlabeled group by from an artisan, of a model that I can just buy on their website, I'm not going to say it's a hard pass, but my interest will wane.

Top Bottom